Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Why would we look to loan any of them, other than maybe Garner. At this stage our squad is to thin as it is, we shouldn't be sending them on loan now.

settembrini

Garner should go on loan.

Gomes, if he signs a new contract, should be staying and playing more. It's not as if Mata and Lingard are keeping him out the team on merit. If he won't sign a new contract then loaning him doesn't matter anyway.

Chong is getting decent opportunities right now and should stay.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Garner should go on loan.

Gomes, if he signs a new contract, should be staying and playing more. It's not as if Mata and Lingard are keeping him out the team on merit. If he won't sign a new contract then loaning him doesn't matter anyway.

Chong is getting decent opportunities right now and should stay.
I don't want to see Chong in a United shirt right now. Maybe never. Bebe had decent opportunities at one point, it doesn't mean he was good enough.

Godfather

Let s start rolling out the excuses....
Everyone know this very well but still Ed preferred to do "one deal at a time"
Either it s incompetence or else they think everyone is gullible enough to believe them
Wouldn't surprise me at all if we don't get anyone in in January. Would be disastrous but we are quite used to that from our board.

Kostov

Either it s incompetence or else they think everyone is gullible enough to believe them
It would be so much more difficult when we get relegated to the Championship you absolute fecking morons. Always an excuse.

Eric's Seagull

Everyone knows it is hard to get deals done in January. But this seems to me as a convenient excuse that we are not going to put in the necessary investment in January. Hope that I'm wrong.

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite

Allow me to translate - "We don't want to spend money." If we don't sign at least two decent players in January we'll be floating somewhere between 10th and 16th all year.

ColvaleGoa

Michael Owen is the admin of this Account. Or is it Milner?

Alabaster Codify7

None of them (apart from Axel) are ready, and they never were. I'm including Greenwood in there too. They're all 1-2 seasons of solid loans away from making a genuine contribution to the first team as 21yr olds.

Also, of course we were never gonna sign anyone in January, the spin is beginning already to try and fob off the fanbase but it's the only the gullible ones who thought any new players would be arriving this winter. That £70m net spend was our lot for 19/20 season.

Coops73

Utter cnuts

C'est Moi Cantona

Good, I don't want them to dig their way out in January (not that it's possible), I want to see the true horror of how they've left the squad and management as exposed as possible.

Everyone knows only the desperate look at the January window, and apparently 'we won't panic buy' , so they need to true to their word.

hn4manunited

this just further proves we are a poorly run club! You start the season with wanting to see how they fair getting a chance. Then you decide to ship them out on loan mid season?

I know some will say that it is good for their careers going out on loan. But consider this, who would we play in Europa League and the domestic cups? Are we giving up on those or are we going to play our starting squad? Shouldn’t we focus on our league position and let these younger boys have a go at the Europa League and domestic cups to gain some experiences? It’s not like we’re asking them to play Liverpool or City week in week out. Some of these other teams we’re playing in those cups are probably academy players or players of similar quality level.

Hammer_st

this just further proves we are a poorly run club! You start the season with wanting to see how they fair getting a chance. Then you decide to ship them out on loan mid season?

I know some will say that it is good for their careers going out on loan. But consider this, who would we play in Europa League and the domestic cups? Are we giving up on those or are we going to play our starting squad? Shouldn’t we focus on our league position and let these younger boys have a go at the Europa League and domestic cups to gain some experiences? It’s not like we’re asking them to play Liverpool or City week in week out. Some of these other teams we’re playing in those cups are probably academy players or players of similar quality level.
After January there are not so many games left in the Cups. In the Knock-out stage of the Euro League should no one of the young boys in our starting XI. This could be our only chance to qualify for europe next season.

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner

Apparently we want 4 signings in January :wenger:

Anyone with access to highlight the main points?

rotherham_red

Apparently we want 4 signings in January :wenger:

Anyone with access to highlight the main points?
It's a very good read, with plenty of revelations on Boateng, Neymar, Sanchez - I'm still halfway through it, but a very comprehensive read.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I'd rather us sign nobody and finish 15th than sign an average striker and finish 6th or 7th. The Glazers need to start feeling the pinch. We need to fall further so they sell the club.

Withnail

I'd rather us sign nobody and finish 15th than sign an average striker and finish 6th or 7th. The Glazers need to start feeling the pinch. We need to fall further so they sell the club.
The club is so prohibitively expensive I can't see anyone buying it. I'd be concerned that if we fall too low the threat of bankruptcy could be a possibility and the Glazers won't take the hit as the debts are all on the club.

Red_toad

There’s no guarantees that any new owner will be a better owner. Anyone who buys the club will want a return on their investment. I’d rather the team is successful over becoming the next Nottingham forest.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
There’s no guarantees that any new owner will be a better owner. Anyone who buys the club will want a return on their investment. I’d rather the team is successful over becoming the next Nottingham forest.
Stupid argument. Liverpool should have stuck with H&G then shouldn't they?

The Glazers have ruined this club. Only Fergie being around held it all together and masked their failings. They haven't got a clue how to run this club. The commercial success isn't much of an achievement either. We already were a huge brand before they took over. It's not exactly difficult to sell the most popular sports team in the world to sponsors. We almost sell ourselves.

1 billion quid gone to banks and dividends. Absolute sickening. They are the worst thing to happen to the club since 58. End of debate.

Red_toad

Stupid argument. Liverpool should have stuck with H&G then shouldn't they?

The Glazers have ruined this club. Only Fergie being around held it all together and masked their failings. They haven't got a clue how to run this club. The commercial success isn't much of an achievement either. We already were a huge brand before they took over. It's not exactly difficult to sell the most popular sports team in the world to sponsors. We almost sell ourselves.

1 billion quid gone to banks and dividends. Absolute sickening. They are the worst thing to happen to the club since 58. End of debate.
Ah ok then, carry on wishing the club to be unsuccessful, as obviously you know any new owner would be great for the club.
I’ll carry on being sceptical about our current and any new owners.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I hope we get relegated into the Conference Division and are eventually taken over by Jimmy's Biscuits Limited then,and only then will we finally become successful.
Glazers Out!

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Ah ok then, carry on wishing the club to be unsuccessful, as obviously you know any new owner would be great for the club.
I’ll carry on being sceptical about our current and any new owners.
I want us to be successful more than you do. I just know it's not possible whilst these twats stay in charge. Fergie held it together best he could. Now he's gone it's a mess they created.

Remember selling Ronaldo for world record £80m and buying Owen (free) Obertan £4m and Antonio Valencia £16m with the funds?

There's no more league titles and CL's coming under this regime. Absolutely no chance.

Red_toad

I want us to be successful more than you do. I just know it's not possible whilst these twats stay in charge. Fergie held it together best he could. Now he's gone it's a mess they created.

Remember selling Ronaldo for world record £80m and buying Owen (free) Obertan £4m and Antonio Valencia £16m with the funds?

There's no more league titles and CL's coming under this regime. Absolutely no chance.
Oh we’re having a competition to see how successful we want the club to be, how exciting.
I remember long before the Glazers and predicted the takeover would end up as shite for the club. Fans ‘should’ have purchased shares on mass. But that’s all gone now. There is no ideal owner of the club. You’re deluded if you think their is.

Mark Pawelek

Why would we look to loan any of them, other than maybe Garner. At this stage our squad is to thin as it is, we shouldn't be sending them on loan now.
Yep. We moved 7 players out last season but only brought 4 in (including Tuanzebe). To rebalance, we need to add at least 3 more senior players in January. Things are bad enough with 6 or so relegation level players in squad. Do not compound it by shedding our best kids too. First bring in more quality seniors. Then we can talk loans.

Withnail

The headline is misleading. United are considering loaning out some of the youth team but in the article, it suggests that the named players likely won't be loaned out.

“There will be lots of hard work, as part of what Nicky Butt puts together as the plan for everybody. We’ll plan it out and we’ve identified four or five who might be going out in January. Obviously, our first-team manager has a say.

“Three lads could have possibly gone on loan – Angel Gomes, Tahith Chong and James Garner – but he wanted to keep them here and have a look at them on tour. So a decision will be made, no doubt, for January as well. Hopefully, all three will be in the first team and not going anywhere.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Oh we’re having a competition to see how successful we want the club to be, how exciting.
I remember long before the Glazers and predicted the takeover would end up as shite for the club. Fans ‘should’ have purchased shares on mass. But that’s all gone now. There is no ideal owner of the club. You’re deluded if you think their is.
Why is my opinion any less valuable than your "Glazers are bad but we could get worse" approach?

There needs to be change at the club. They have lumbered us with their debt and we are falling further behind City every season that passes. The stadium is in a shocking state too in places. We are falling behind in so many areas to our rivals not just on the pitch. We aren't the leaders in anything other than sponsorships. And that won't continue if we keep failing to qualify for the CL.

Red_toad

Why is my opinion any less valuable than your "Glazers are bad but we could get worse" approach?

There needs to be change at the club. They have lumbered us with their debt and we are falling further behind City every season that passes. The stadium is in a shocking state too in places. We are falling behind in so many areas to our rivals not just on the pitch. We aren't the leaders in anything other than sponsorships. And that won't continue if we keep failing to qualify for the CL.
I’m not the one stating other opinions are stupid. Maybe you need to read your own posts!

Unless you can prove another owner would be better, are we just to accept anyone else is better as that’s your opinion? Is the new owner going to find 3 billion to buy the club under the door mat? Are they going to want a healthy return on their investment? Who’s to say they won’t lumber the club with even bigger debt? It’s all a big unknown (apart from your perspective where you already know how they’ll act)

Scotty McT

To be fair, given our policy of signing young British talent, 4 signings in January doesn't seem too unrealistic. We've probably identified several players in the Championship who could make the step up.

Madzik_92

The club is so prohibitively expensive I can't see anyone buying it. I'd be concerned that if we fall too low the threat of bankruptcy could be a possibility and the Glazers won't take the hit as the debts are all on the club.
The Saudis are waiting for the nice moment. Same as me. I hope they will save us from this parasite

Suv666

Andy Mitten saying we will go in for Mandzukic in January.

Its amazing how inept the board is. We were apparently close to him in the summer, didnt sign him, its a shit show now and we're in for him again. Just like Maguire. Feck Woodward.

hn4manunited

Its amazing how inept the board is. We were apparently close to him in the summer, didnt sign him, its a shit show now and we're in for him again. Just like Maguire. Feck Woodward.
There were articles out a couple days ago that it was Ole who turned down the chance to sign Mandzukic. The articles today say that Ole pushed to try to sign him but Ed and his cronies denied him of the signing.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
There were articles out a couple days ago that it was Ole who turned down the chance to sign Mandzukic. The articles today say that Ole pushed to try to sign him but Ed and his cronies denied him of the signing.
Im convinced Ole didnt want Mandzukic

hn4manunited

Im convinced Ole didnt want Mandzukic
so, what we’re saying here is Ed and his guys are forcing Mandzukic on Ole now? I wouldn’t be surprised with that at all.

edit: or Ole realizing that it’s better to get someone instead of no one. And better listen to the boss. At least following what the boss wants to do isn’t on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.