Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
One of the most underrated players over the past few years, and I include his time at City with that statement, however I don’t think I would take him now unless it was a really short term deal.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Agreed, but must say alot that we havent even heard an ounce of gossip linking Jones away. Feel we are stuck with him and the club knows it, hence listening to offers for Smalling. But yes, Jones and Baily would be out the door before Smalling in my book.
Even Lindelöf should be out before Smalling.

dev1l

One of the most underrated players over the past few years, and I include his time at City with that statement, however I don’t think I would take him now unless it was a really short term deal.
He s very very talented but at times he gives the impression he s disinterested

Alabaster Codify7

Lot of transfer rumours now we're approaching the January window. Does anyone actually believe these, or are we mostly in agreement that it's just the annual Ed Woodward Spinathon picking up pace?

Devil may care

Agreed, but must say alot that we havent even heard an ounce of gossip linking Jones away. Feel we are stuck with him and the club knows it, hence listening to offers for Smalling. But yes, Jones and Baily would be out the door before Smalling in my book.
I think we all agree on that, but Jones isn't sellable (because no one in their right minds would be interested), Smalling is.
Oh I agree we are stuck with him but that is down to giving him that new deal, we could have been shot of him if we'd just let his contract run out and wished him well last smmer.

Mark Pawelek

... Our squad is so full of holes though that there's a world of easily available players who would improve us. Players in second-tier leagues. Players in second divisions of top-tier leagues. Players who's contracts are expiring. Players who have low buyouts - there are so many options that it'll ring even less true than before.
I say that and no one believes me. Fans all want the latest star player who'll cost a whole year's transfer budget. As if United don't need a squad; just a 1st team.

lysglimt

Scout
There are very few people I believe in football, and Harry Redknapp certainly isn’t one of them.
I actually disagree on that one - if anything he is probably telling too much. Of course you can argue that he tells things from his Point of view, but lie ? Nah, I doubt it.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Lot of transfer rumours now we're approaching the January window. Does anyone actually believe these, or are we mostly in agreement that it's just the annual Ed Woodward Spinathon picking up pace?
Surely everyone knows by now that any transfer stories about us are 99% nonsense, at least until the Reddit ITKs give their updates anyway.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
I don't want Zlatan back at United, but at the same time I really don't want to see him go to another Premier League club either.
I agree, it's admittedly bizarre and irrational because he was never exactly Mr Man United but seeing him at another Prem side would actually sting a bit.

Alemar

No manager in right minds would sell Smalling either.
Why not? Clearly, Smalling is relatively old already, but has some resale value (especially now when he has regular game time), whereas his position is one of the least problematic in our squad - we have more than enough CBs.

red_de_pologne

Why not? Clearly, Smalling is relatively old already, but has some resale value (especially now when he has regular game time), whereas his position is one of the least problematic in our squad - we have more than enough CBs.
we have the numbers but arguably are still lacking in quality, Smalling is better than half our CBs

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Our aim isn’t to sell our players before they lose their resale value. The idea is to retain them so long as they retain footballing value.

Alemar

we have the numbers but arguably are still lacking in quality, Smalling is better than half our CBs
Not really. Smalling is more or less on the same level as Lindelof or Tuanzebe. It's not bad a level (not at all), but not very good either. Whether or not Smalling is in the squad, nothing changes. Especially considering that, contrary to expectations, Marcos Rojo also plays on decent level this season - so we have 3 CBs to rely upon (plus Maguire as an undisputable starter).

At the same time, there are several positions in the squad where we badly need an investment - from this standpoint, sale of Smalling makes a lot of sense (transfer funds, more room for wages). It will be even better if we manage to sell Smalling AND Jones, let alone a dream scenario of selling Smalling, Jones AND Bailly - but even a sale of one of them makes financial sense.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Wouldn't be surprised if Zlatan ends up in the Bundesliga - only big league in Europe he hasn't played in (conquered?) yet - though the level of defending in that league may be too much for him too handle these days.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites

On November 18th, we relayed news from the Spanish media that Everton and Newcastle United have joined other European clubs in expressing their interest in Mohammed Salisu.

The 20-year-old has become a ‘revelation’ at Real Valladolid and has a €12m buyout clause in his contract.
El Diario De Valladolid claims Manchester United, Norwich City and Southampton have joined the Toffees and Magpies, along with other clubs from the continent in following the centre-back.
He is managed by Juan Mata’s father and Valladolid attempts to extend the defender’s contract have so far been unsuccessful.
There is a queue for the Ghanaian and it’s thought English football will suit his style. The Red Devils have watched the player in action ‘the most’, but the other clubs have also sent emissaries to Estadio José Zorrilla.

The report adds those around Salisu, including the player himself, are aware the defender’s long-term future will be elsewhere.
Valladolid are also aware it will be difficult to retain him beyond this season. Even if they receive multiple bids, it will be Salisu who will decided his next destination depending on the sporting project and financial offers he will receive.
If Manchester United are keen on landing Salisu, they could take help of Mata and his father to beat competition from other clubs for the transfer.

Status
Not open for further replies.