Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
If they really did refuse our mega bid, they are idiots. For turning it down, and then changing their minds after a few more months. Idiots.

That ship has now sailed, Mcguire, Lindelof Tuanzebe and Bailly will have to suffice for next 18 months, whilst we resolve issues in central midfield, striker, right wing and perhaps left back).

Zlatattack

If they really did refuse our mega bid, they are idiots. For turning it down, and then changing their minds after a few more months. Idiots.

That ship has now sailed, Mcguire, Lindelof Tuanzebe and Bailly will have to suffice for next 18 months, whilst we resolve issues in central midfield, striker, right wing and perhaps left back).
If he really is available, we should re-mortgage a stand or something to try and get him. I know proirities are elsewhere but he'd add a quality in defence even Maguire doesn't have.

dev1l

Isnt he having a bit of a meh season? No wonder they changed their tune.
Napoli have realised they made a big mistake not selling him. No one will offer them 90million this time around plus he s 29 now.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Isnt he having a bit of a meh season? No wonder they changed their tune.
He was brilliant at Anfield last week and that's the only game I've seen Napoli play this season.

But we absolutely shouldn't sign him with midfield being top priority. But if we did have the luxury of signing a CB on top of everything else, i'd sign Ibrahima Konate from Leipzig instead.

fps

Absolutely this, it would be utterly irresponsible to spunk the budget on yet another centre back when other areas of the team are in so clear need of major transplants of quality

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
He was brilliant at Anfield last week and that's the only game I've seen Napoli play this season.

But we absolutely shouldn't sign him with midfield being top priority. But if we did have the luxury of signing a CB on top of everything else, i'd sign Ibrahima Konate from Leipzig instead.
Personally if he is available we should make extra funds available because he is that good

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Personally if he is available we should make extra funds available because he is that good
He's brilliant no question but having watched Ibrahima Konate for almost 18 months now i'd sign him and at 20 years old he's already among the best in the German Bundesliga and looks considerably better in the air due to his 6'4 frame, and matches Koulibaly physically too.

DarkRed

He's brilliant no question but having watched Ibrahima Konate for almost 18 months now i'd sign him and at 20 years old he's already among the best in the German Bundesliga and looks considerably better in the air due to his 6'4 frame, and matches Koulibaly physically too.
What about the guy from the Mata agency?

Red_toad

If he really is available, we should re-mortgage a stand or something to try and get him. I know proirities are elsewhere but he'd add a quality in defence even Maguire doesn't have.
He’s in Smalling’s shadow so far this season, save the cash n get captain mike back...

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I would be happy with Konate also.
Main thing is a club of our level should be able to make extra funds available when a top level talent becomes available. We’re not an effectively run club though so it is what is it.

I doubt the club even have Konate on their radar

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I would be happy with Konate also.
Main thing is a club of our level should be able to make extra funds available when a top level talent becomes available. We’re not an effectively run club though so it is what is it.

I doubt the club even have Konate on their radar
I agree. If we could sign Konate and a couple of quality midfielders along with either Sancho or Chiesa and a striker and we'd be in business and not far of from challenging IMO. Pogba possibly leaving should in reality make that a possibility. Konate next to Maguire would be the making of a formidable CB pairing with Konate having the total package. Konate for me is the best young CB in Europe.

Would need a good manager though.

Walters_19_MuFc

No point spending so much on one defender now. In hindsight, if we were spending big on a centre back, then it should have been Koulibaly. He, along with Van Dijk are the best in the world, in my opinion.

That ship has sailed now, though, and I feel we should be looking to invest in a holding midfielder and attacking players. Maguire will look fine in a settled team, just as he did for Leicester and does for England.

Judas

Open to offers
I don't believe we made a bid of Koulibably. It doesn't fit with the narrative of the sort of targets we were after. I know people want to hope Maguire wasn't first choice, but I believe he was, and if we'd not signed him, we'd have got no one.

RedDevilRoshi

I don't believe we made a bid of Koulibably. It doesn't fit with the narrative of the sort of targets we were after. I know people want to hope Maguire wasn't first choice, but I believe he was, and if we'd not signed him, we'd have got no one.
Agree with this.

Classical Mechanic

Would we have signed Maguire if we had signed De Ligt? I don't think we would. Funny thing is that MDL has been making bad errors for Juve so far. Imagine him in our dysfunctional team.

Dante

Average bang
You're basing your belief on your desire for it to be true. The evidence is flaky in all directions. Picking only one is about creating your own narrative.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
You're basing your belief on your desire for it to be true. The evidence is flaky in all directions. Picking only one is about creating your own narrative.
Eh? It was always complete horseshit. Napoli are never rejecting £95M for at 27(at the time)/28 year old. It's complete fantasy. That's nearly 70% of their yearly revenue.

dev1l

Bit of noise around a potential Eriksen-Matic swap in Jan. It seems like nonsense but all would be forgiven if Mourinho facilitated that move.
Such a move would appeal to Matic and perhaps even Spurs if they get some quid for Eriksen.
But apparently Eriksen wants a move to Southern Europe, if the press are to be believed

Champagne Football

Bit of noise around a potential Eriksen-Matic swap in Jan. It seems like nonsense but all would be forgiven if Mourinho facilitated that move.
It's nonsense. Other sources have already said Jose has no interest to bring Matic back. I think that Laurie Whitwell who wrote that story in The Athletic will be blacklisted eventually on here

NWRed

He’s in Smalling’s shadow so far this season, save the cash n get captain mike back...
I think Smalling's performances this season show the weakness of Serie A compared to the PL, puts the rating of other players into perspective for me.

dev1l

It's nonsense. Other sources have already said Jose has no interest to bring Matic back. I think that Laurie Whitwell who wrote that story in The Athletic will be blacklisted eventually on here
Blacklisted because he got something wrong?
Only those who won't say nothing won't run that risk

Suedesi

This article kinda says nothing really.

TLDR: they wouldn't reject the same offer again for him (which is pretty clear after having 1 year less on his contract)
It does, in the context of Napoli's performance this year.

They're trailing Inter by 17 points after 14 matches, they're completely off their usual pace.

Aurelio de Laurentiis has a Spurs-esque situation in his hands because some of his bigger stars are either at the end of their contracts (Dries Mertens, Callejon) or are unhappy with what they get (Allan ~3.7m, Ruis 2.8m, ZIelinski 2m, Meret 1.8m)

He can't fire Ancelotti & co mid season, because it would cost him over 20m Euros. Btw Ancelotti, got his son in there as his assistant coach (Davide) and his son in law as 'Performance Manager' (Mino Fulco) - http://www.legaseriea.it/it/serie-a/squadre/napoli/staff - total nepotism and unacceptable, but that's tangential. In any ways, Ancelotti should be fired but won't until the end of the season when certain performance clauses allow de Laurentiis to fire him without severance.

Napoli won't win anything and likely won't make CL as it is - Koulibaly is the highest paid player at 11m Euros, so the easiest thing to do is cash out on some of the prized assets.

United should go back and offer 40m quid, take it or leave it.

Last edited:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

They're trailing Inter by 17 points after 14 matches, they're completely off their usual pace.

Aurelio de Laurentiis has a Spurs-esque situation in his hands because some of his bigger stars are either at the end of their contracts (Dries Mertens, Callejon) or are unhappy with what they get (Allan ~3.7m, Ruis 2.8m, ZIelinski 2m, Meret 1.8m)

He can't fire Ancelotti & co mid season, because it would cost him over 20m Euros. Btw Ancelotti, got his son in there as his assistant coach (Davide) and his son in law as 'Performance Manager' (Mino Fulco) - http://www.legaseriea.it/it/serie-a/squadre/napoli/staff - total nepotism and unacceptable, but that's tangential. In any ways, Ancelotti should be fired but won't until the end of the season when certain performance clauses allow Dino to cash out without severance.

Napoli won't win anything and likely won't make CL as it is - Koulibaly is the highest paid player at 11m Euros, so the easiest thing to do is cash out on some of the prized assets.

Thanks, that's quite insightful.

Ancelotti bringing his family in on some sort of work experience :lol:

D4X73r

He can't fire Ancelotti & co mid season, because it would cost him over 20m Euros. Btw Ancelotti, got his son in there as his assistant coach (Davide) and his son in law as 'Performance Manager' (Mino Fulco) - http://www.legaseriea.it/it/serie-a/squadre/napoli/staff - total nepotism and unacceptable, but that's tangential. In any ways, Ancelotti should be fired but won't until the end of the season when certain performance clauses allow de Laurentiis to fire him without severance.

Thanks for the insight. Didn't know what's going on at Napoli

Status
Not open for further replies.