Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

PoTMS

This isn't going to end well, we are going to end up with a team full of Solskjaer's wishlist and they will underperform due to his credentials as a manager and his limited ability to coach. I don't see ANY difference between us under Ole, LVG or Mourinho in terms of a hierarchical strategy.

The club in hindsight is doing EXACTLY same thing, backing the manager by giving them funds and if it all goes south it's back to square one with this revolving door of a rebuild.

Buying different "types" of players doesn't redefine a transfer strategy ? Having a DOF to liaise as a mediator between Woodward and the manager is a change of strategy. Having a DOF signifying that even if Solskjaer is sacked the club still have the same directives, is a change of strategy. Commercially our club might be a powerhouse but the footballing ideology and structure including Ole is a joke.
So true. The manager is always having to make do with or clear out the previous manager's deadwood.

NYAS

I wonder what will happen to our (Iraq's CF) Mimi who play in the same position at that club?
I have always felt that Mimi is better as a second striker so he would go well behind a target man like Mandzukic.

I believe they’re preparing for AlMoez leaving to Europe.

Giggsyking

I have always felt that Mimi is better as a second striker so he would go well behind a target man like Mandzukic.

I believe they’re preparing for AlMoez leaving to Europe.
I hope Mimi will get game time.
Al-Moez is a very good player, where is he going?

This will not sit well with the 'Ole Out' crew.
That after 6 years United as a club finally started to act their act together and plan a transfer strategy for the whole club rather than each individual manager? Why would that not "sit well" with everyone @RedPed ?

It was briefed last year that we now have a transfer board and the manager is just 1 vote and a veto, something everyone on the board has. So it's not an "Ole or not" thing at all, it's one area we finally seem to be getting right and should actually make it easier for the club in future to fire a manager and bring a new one in without massive squad upheaval.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
That after 6 years United as a club finally started to act their act together and plan a transfer strategy for the whole club rather than each individual manager? Why would that not "sit well" with everyone @RedPed ?

It was briefed last year that we now have a transfer board and the manager is just 1 vote and a veto, something everyone on the board has. So it's not an "Ole or not" thing at all, it's one area we finally seem to be getting right and should actually make it easier for the club in future to fire a manager and bring a new one in without massive squad upheaval.
Ole just recently stated that he had the final say in any incoming/outgoing decision. So not sure how much truth there was in the briefing you mention.

luke511

No he wouldn’t. If you think signing anyone that went to China to play football when clearly it’s money is the motivation is shrewd you clearly have no idea what you’re talking about.
Witsel was a shrewd signing for Dortmund, he played in China on a big wage. It is possible to make the right call when signing a player from China you do know that?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Yeah that's what a bloody veto is @Adnan :lol:.
Only Woodward has the power to veto Ole IMO. And what you mentioned about the scouts having the power of veto doesn't seem likely. We were also told Darren Fletcher or Rio Ferdinand could potentially be part of this so called committee but heard nothing since.

Red00012

Witsel was a shrewd signing for Dortmund, he played in China on a big wage. It is possible to make the right call when signing a player from China you do know that?
Ya he’s really turned Dortmund into the 2nd biggest team in Germany , currently 4th In the bundesliga

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022

Its the Spanish equivalent of April Fools day today...

Varun1

Ya he’s really turned Dortmund into the 2nd biggest team in Germany , currently 4th In the bundesliga
What is this nonsense!
I guess Paulinho was poor at Barcelona?

Going to China for the money doesn't necessarily mean a player is average, same as any employee accepting a higher paid job doesn't mean they are average!

DBT85

Only Woodward has the power to veto Ole IMO. And what you mentioned about the scouts having the power of veto doesn't seem likely. We were also told Darren Fletcher or Rio Ferdinand could potentially be part of this so called committee but heard nothing since.
From what Howson has been told (and lets bear in mind he is actualy mates with Evra and stuff) The scounts, data team, Ole and Woodward all have to say yes for a transfer to happen. If everyone else says no but the data guys say "naa hes shit" it doesn't happen.

Red00012

What is this nonsense!
I guess Paulinho was poor at Barcelona?

Going to China for the money doesn't necessarily mean a player is average, same as any employee accepting a higher paid job doesn't mean they are average!
You’re going to a rubbish league for a lot of more money. Is that the type of player we want? A player from the Chinese league ?

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag

You’re going to a rubbish league for a lot of more money. Is that the type of player we want? A player from the Chinese league ?
You'd have to be really stupid to refuse that type of money. Really, really, really dumb.

Varun1

How does this make all of them poor football players! I guess you would turn your nose up to a 2x,3x increase in your salary!

Unless you're wumming...

Adnan

Talent Spotter
From what Howson has been told (and lets bear in mind he is actualy mates with Evra and stuff) The scounts, data team, Ole and Woodward all have to say yes for a transfer to happen. If everyone else says no but the data guys say "naa hes shit" it doesn't happen.
I very much doubt Howson is mates with Evra. Maybe he's spoken to him on occasion but mates nah.

Suedesi

Howson is mates with my gonads. Both of them.

prateik

Loan offer with 50% wages coming right up..

Best hope would still be someone like Everton.. or a premier league side.

edit:
would also sell Jones before Rojo.. at a cut price deal.

Tosicsleftpeg

Rojo is an OK player I'd have him as 4th CB and sell Jones. Have a feeling smalling will be joining Roma on a permanent deal in the summer as he's done quite well for them so far.

stubie

Rojo is an OK player I'd have him as 4th CB and sell Jones. Have a feeling smalling will be joining Roma on a permanent deal in the summer as he's done quite well for them so far.
Let’s just hope all 3 will be moving on permanently within the next 6 months!

All have long outstayed their welcome

Ollie Derbyshire

I’d take Smalling back to compete with Maguire, Tuanzebe and Lindelof. Much rather sell Jones, Rojo and Bailly first.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
At least we didn’t have to wait four more weeks to find this news out.

club need to buy two midfielders in January so no excuses not to get cracking on that now

Rolaholic

They got him for 18m pounds apparently,not sure how they keep getting these discounted steal of deals on the most hyped prospects around Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.