Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

RUCK4444

We should put down £35 mill for Eriksen, he won’t move here if it’s not that sort of money and it’s a fair price for the player in question. Then try to loan Can.

Two midfield options that would improve us hugely especially with our injury issues.

The above is totally possible, we need somebody to pull their feckin finger out and get it done.

slored1

Feck me, Longstaff and a Liverpool reject. We really have fallen as a club.

Flying_Heckfish

We need players that a ready to go, a level above what we have. It's all well and good signing young, promising players when you have an established team already but we don't.

Of the two, Can is the better choice but neither is the 'right' signing.

theklr

What is Ole’s fascination on Longstaff? Someone need to ask him in the next presser. It’s baffling to say the least
It is very strange, as he seems to be the only one who rates him. At least with Daniel James, you had that youtube clip of him running away from a whole team.

redshaw

You literally said he was doing well in the league, not being able to nail down a starting spot in a Newcastle team would suggest otherwise. Glad we both agree though he’s not good enough and should avoid at all costs.
No, I meant Newcastle are, in that they've picked up results since they beat us at their home. We need midfielders now, not go on some protracted quest for Longstaff again with a crazy fee.

As for Matty, he hasn't played since October and got a run out against us and of course scored again. It's what we do, Watford not lead a game at home all season and we lose 2-0 and give Arteta his first win to help them on their way. Go to Newcastle earlier on this season and kickstart their season.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Ole was already sounding like a man who was going to be sold down the river a month prior to the window re-opening.

I was optimistic the club would continue to act positively in the transfer window before Ole started making noises that it would be "difficult".

Last edited:

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Based on?
Wasn't the sounds coming from his camp last summer suggesting he wanted to go to Spain and didn't fancy us.

I'm sure if we dangled a huge contact his way he'd consider it but isnt that just Sanchez situation all over again?

Jacob

Wasn't the sounds coming from his camp last summer suggesting he wanted to go to Spain and didn't fancy us.

I'm sure if we dangled a huge contact his way he'd consider it but isnt that just Sanchez situation all over again?
Nah Eriksen's qualities lies in his ball delivery and vision. Those two are very hard to lose over night like Sanchez did with his agility and nimbleness.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Nah Eriksen's qualities lies in his ball delivery and vision. Those two are very hard to lose over night like Sanchez did with his agility and nimbleness.
Spurs fans been saying he hits first man on corners 8 times out of 10. Most can't wait till he leaves. Definitely feels like a Sanchez situation all over again.

NJM78

Can out of those two everyday.
Longstaff no thanks but then again the level we are dropping to he would fit right in.

stevoc

Or the ones moaning about the ones moaning about the whingers..... :boring:
Oh i covered that in my last post below mate i fully admit it, the whinging could go on forever which is the problem.

It will unfortunately be another window of people moaning about that guy, and others moaning about their moaning. And yet more people moaning about the ones moaning about the original moaners resulting in the thread being constantly taken off topic.

If only there was a solution that the forum mods could implement to nip it all in the bud.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
If true (probably isn’t) then that famously extensive Manchester United scouting database has been working-hard once again, unearthing an English current-Premier League player and a former Premier League player to place high on our target list.

Perhaps the overriding quality the database is looking for in potential Manchester United signings is being injury-prone? Would explain these two at least.

beingshe7don

If the rumors are true and we are after Longstaff, then I feel sorry for the brand that is Manchester United. Sean Longstaff has been poor overall this season. His brother looked decent The only difference between Longstaff and Garner is that Longstaff has had opportunities while Garner hasn't. There are so many players that can be bought with the 50m that's being quoted for Longstaff. Can looks like another better midfield player to have but not sure if he will massively improve us. We've been buying/ aiming for all these stop gap average players which does not bode well for the club in the long run. These end up becoming deadwood in the end.

binary bot
Christian Eriksen has been playing deeper recently and would provide much need creativity. Shouldn't cost over £25m.
He won't go anywhere in January when he can have half that transfer fee to himself in a signing fee. He'll already know where hes going in the summer.

Pav1878

Why is no one talking about Ziyech from Ajax? The guy is great going forwards, can play across the three behind the striker and works his b*llocks off. Yet we are still looking at longstaff!

If Maguire is anything to go by, this is gonna end badly

Josep Dowling

Why is no one talking about Ziyech from Ajax? The guy is great going forwards, can play across the three behind the striker and works his b*llocks off. Yet we are still looking at longstaff!

If Maguire is anything to go by, this is gonna end badly
Get your point but Ziyech isn't a CM or even CAM. Us signing him would not help our midfield issue. Van Der Beek on the other hand...

Robbie Boy

Emre Can at his best is actually a good player tbh. But Longstaff, these links have to stop. He's shite, like really shite.

VanGaalyTime

Surely we've been scouting players all year knowing last summer we were extremely short in midfield and attack? Makes no sense to go after Can and Longstaff with the many world class and potentially world class players available for the right price. United are the wealthiest club in the world. Let's just buy properly and forget the last few months.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Ole / Woodward haven't a clue what their transfer plans are. I see no planning. If they were competent the club could have announced signings yesterday. I don't expect a single transfer incoming unless the opportunist chance emerges.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
I haven't seen much of Longstaff, but in our two matches this year the one thing that I learned is that perhaps we were looking at the wrong brother. Either way, not interested. I would rather see us go for McGinn or Neves. Can could be an interesting signing though. I wouldn't expect him to be in our starting 11 week in and week out, but he could definitely rotate in and he would come in for cheap...

United Pro

I'd take him in a heartbeat. Doesn't sound like he fancies coming here though. Can you blame him?
I could see Madrid being interested in the summer and vice versa.
He won't go anywhere in January when he can have half that transfer fee to himself in a signing fee. He'll already know where hes going in the summer.
Agreed, he didn't seem to be too fussed with the lack of playing time this season, so it does seem like a ploy to get a big pay day. If that's the case then our only chance of getting him in January is if we offer him a signing on bonus and very high wages. I can't say I'm a huge fan of that but if he does improve us and gets us into the top 4, then I wouldn't complain too much.

einstein

I know can is an ex liverpool player but I wont mind him at united. He is really good and can play multiple positions. He played Right back for germany, center back at times for liverpool, both DM and box to box at liverpool. He is really good at carrying the ball forward and making runs into the box from midfield. Combining this with the fact that he isn’t getting much game time at Juventus, there is good chance of him moving to unitied.

Last edited by a moderator:

Acquire Me

I know can is an ex liverpool player but I wont mind him at united. He is really good and can play multiple positions. He played Right back for germany, center back at times for liverpool, both DM and box to box at liverpool. He is really good at carrying the ball forward and making runs into the box from midfield. Combining this with the fact that he isn’t getting much game time at Juventus, there is good chance of him moving to unitied.
I have no idea why my post looks different to others.
Because you are using bold.

The Boogeyman

Supports
Liverpool
Can can be very good on his day, but he's very inconsistent and he's very slow. It's no coincidence that Liverpool's midfield improved a lot when he left and Fabinho stepped in. He can contribute in multiple roles and it sounds like he will be available for cheap, but he would not provide a substantial upgrade to United's midfield, in my opinion. Although their games are not very similar, I think his quality is about on par with Herrera.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Apparently it is Carrick who wants us to sign Longstaff. Geordie, Newcastle United. You can do better than that Michael.
To be a little fairer on him, he looked decent last season but the pressure has told on him and he’s looked like a frightened rabbit.
A Championship loan would benefit him

Velvet Revolver

These are at best squad players for a team like United. And there in lies our problem and also a reality check of how we have fallen and continue to roll around in mediocrity!

And I blame ole for this, he is not an elite level manager and this way of thinking is quite lower in terms of the ambitions of united as a club and the expectations of fans. This whole 'Long Term' thing is pure fiction!

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
These are at best squad players for a team like United. And there in lies our problem and also a reality check of how we have fallen and continue to roll around in mediocrity!

And I blame ole for this, he is not an elite level manager and this way of thinking is quite lower in terms of the ambitions of united as a club and the expectations of fans. This whole 'Long Term' thing is pure fiction!
Based on media saying things that are designed to get people to click/read them (and may or may not have any truth to them?)

I hope the stories are bollocks (especially Longstaff) but they tend to copy each other so the days of multiple reports equalling truth are long gone.

dev1l

Apparently it is Carrick who wants us to sign Longstaff. Geordie, Newcastle United. You can do better than that Michael.
I trust Carrick being a top pro, knows better than the random caftard what it entails to be a good midfielder.

Status
Not open for further replies.