Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Have you watched him for the last 9 years?

Coming inside and over hitting ever cross. Long aimless balls down the line. Dreadful set pieces.

But I guess he ran a lot. But so do Jones and Lingard. I’m not going to call them good servants either.
His footballing ability, has NOTHING to do with his reputation within the game

Kostov

Why would he not have?
What reputation actually? Of a good full-back? Of a leader? I am not getting it really. If anything he is a synonym of this disastrous last 6.5 years. At his best he was a good PL winger, in the last years he is part of a team often branded as having a lack of leadership and very bad full backs.

Sounding quite the personal dislike for Young there....why would he not have a good reputation behind closed doors in the football industry? Enlighten us.

I mean, he's always been a professional, never kicked up a fuss, sure he may not be his best anymore, but when he pulls on that red shirt he always puts in 110%.

Not sure why you seem to dislike Young so much
He is very abysmal in playing football, how about that? Also didn't he give one absolute baffling post match interview last year? The captain of Ed Woodward era Manchester United, I think it was after that Everton debacle, where he claimed you can't fault the effort of this team. Yeah, okey captain marvel.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Game time,different experience to finish his career.

He’ll most like get Champions League.
Weather, city, food, new expereince/culture, more game time, better chances to win a title. Another 2 years in Italy, win something and then retring sounds good to me

Oh yeah, that's great. That will more than make up for the regular monkey chants and abuse he'll get each week.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

Calciomercato.com can confirm that Roma have launched a new offer of €17 million for the permanent signing of the former Fulham defender. The offer is pretty close to United’s valuation of €20 million for Smalling and Roma’s hierarchy believe that with that offer, they would meet what the Red Devils are asking for as they have already paid €3 million for the loan fee of the player.
We need to counter offer this with €7m for both Smalling and Jones.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I still remember when he went on loan to Leipzig and had some miraculous goal/assists per minute stats as an impact sub, by their standards Leipzig even paid a significant sum to eventually sign him. It's a bit surprising that they would get rid of him only half a year later. But on the other hand when you have a principled coach like Nagelsmann and he says that he can't or won't work with him then there is little point in keeping him around hoping for a change of mind.
Oh shit. What happened?

jackal&hyde

Calciomercato.com can confirm that Roma have launched a new offer of €17 million for the permanent signing of the former Fulham defender. The offer is pretty close to United’s valuation of €20 million for Smalling and Roma’s hierarchy believe that with that offer, they would meet what the Red Devils are asking for as they have already paid €3 million for the loan fee of the player.
I'm happy for Smalling. He was never good enough to be a first 11 player for United but deserves to play every game for a decent club and be appreciated. He was a good servant.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Oh shit. What happened?
I don't know. That's why I used "surprised" ;)

But when Leipzig want to get rid so quickly odds are it's because Nagelsmann doesn't see (or want to give) a chance for him to play regularly.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Do it. We need the money.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Oh yeah, that's great. That will more than make up for the regular monkey chants and abuse he'll get each week.
Its as if he hasn't been racially abused in England....

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I don't know. That's why I used "surprised" ;)

But when Leipzig want to get rid so quickly odds are it's because Nagelsmann doesn't see (or want to give) a chance for him to play regularly.
oh, apologies. I was reading the latter half where you said he can't or won't work with him. I thought he came out and said that himself which would be damning. I am a bit surprised by how little gametime he has been given though. There must be something up with him as he was always a last resort for us at Everton despite being ability wise a level above most of our wingers during that period.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
oh, apologies. I was reading the latter half where you said he can't or won't work with him. I thought he came out and said that himself which would be damning. I am a bit surprised by how little gametime he has been given though. There must be something up with him as he was always a last resort for us at Everton despite being ability wise a level above most of our wingers during that period.
At the same time Leipzig probably wouldn't have signed him a second time for "a lot" of money if he was an obvious head case. Maybe something will leak after he has left.

Sea-Cow

I think Perrera is ahead of Lingard despite what Ole says. The problem with Lingard is that he is considered too close to Rashford.
In no world is Pereira a better footballer than Lingard.

Even our valuation of 20 is way low. Surely there is a mid-level prem club that would be willing to pay more than that.

El Zoido

Pereira is clearly a much better player, and seems to have improved this season as well. Still not good enough for the level we strive for, but could do a good job for a top half side.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!

Even our valuation of 20 is way low. Surely there is a mid-level prem club that would be willing to pay more than that.
He’s pretty much joining that in Italy plus it’s a great city.

Rajat Jain

The way United are playing right now(not convinced by the 1 dimensional style personally), they would benefit from buying a set piece taker in a similar mould to Alexander Arnold. Given the height of our team, we are pretty shite heading in corners, I barely can remember when one of our players convincingly connected a header. it hurts every time when we put in a corner and the first man heads it away. Absolutely school kid delivery.

But it can also be blamed on our player's movements.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
So what black players should just go and hide now? People are arseholes everywhere, and that shouldn't stop him going to a different country and experience something different.

TheReligion

Abusive
Have you watched him for the last 9 years?

Coming inside and over hitting ever cross. Long aimless balls down the line. Dreadful set pieces.

But I guess he ran a lot. But so do Jones and Lingard. I’m not going to call them good servants either.
With posts like that I wonder how much of him you have seen to be honest.

Judas

Open to offers
Everything is just pushed to the extreme on here isn't it? Pretending Young has been useless for 9 years :lol: its just daft. Don't people realise its hard to take posts seriously when its made up of over the top hysterical nonsense.

TheReligion

Abusive
Everything is just pushed to the extreme on here isn't it? Pretending Young has been useless for 9 years :lol: its just daft. Don't people realise its hard to take posts seriously when its made up of over the top hysterical nonsense.
I swear a number of posters here are totally unhinged you know.

luke511

Shouldn't sell for less than €30 million given our options at the moment.

ROFLUTION

Little did they know the contract also said Phil Jones name in it

Lemansky

Serious consideration until Jan 30th.

The best part of that article is saying Longstaff is "no longer under serious consideration"
And obviously this: “but Solskjaer also admires Van de Beek’s Ajax team-mate, Hakim Ziyech, the 26-year-old Morocco winger”

pacifictheme

Yeah but he's symptomatic of the state of the club at the moment. He's not terrible and is a good pro but he's been in decline for years but is hanging around on relatively big money. It is a signal of intent getting rid of these types of players and gives people hope for the future of the club.
Yeah i get that but hes by no means the worst offender and at least cares. A pre contract for next season isn't asbad as losing him in jan but we can only get rid of so many players. The squad is already ridiculously low on numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.