Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Yes this is really the case! Lets just keep adding, adding to the offer for him until he wants to come. I’m sure he will sign once the offer is about 400k per week. Thats the way you do it. He is going to play for the badge, not the money.

And yes, we are going to sign Longstaff for 50mil and Rice for about 100 mil. This club is such a mess and we are getting relegated next year.

The world is not black and white.
Yes, i would throw money on quality and Eriksen is quality especially in our case. When you can't lure players with success then you must lure them with money.

And all players play for money. Difference is only that less talented players work harder on the pitch( to compensate talent) so romantic and young fans describe that as "playing for the badge". That shit about "playing for the badge" is for 10 years old kids.

AB_89

Bullshit article, but at least they mention Jonathan David, a player I have suggested couple of times on this board.

This is so open-ended. And hard to believe to mean anything good (which really it should, but meh)
I think they are trying to say United could use player stats compiled by the leagues, opta, third parties or themselves to help inform their scouting department which players to sign. It's just the article they have written is absolutely garbage.

What happens is you decide what attributes are most important for each position and what is overvalued and undervalued by clubs. You target players with strong attributes in what is undervalued stats. I assume almost all clubs already do this to varying degrees. At a guess I would say Leicester are the most obviously candidate, pulling players from obscurity that go on to become very good premier league players. Think Kante and interceptions for example.

I think it would take a while if United implemented this strategy for it to show results.

Having just read moneyball I wonder which clubs take this use of data to the extremes.

AB_89

Technical question here... We used to have to threads for transfer tweets. One tweets only, the other fot comments. Do we still have the tweets only thread? Where??
This was it but it has morphed into more of a transfer chat thread

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Cheap, class player in best football age and plays position that we need. Of course that we will not try to sign him.
Instead we will spend 3 times more on Rice and bloody Longstaff.

fecking hell
Maybe because he doesn't want to join us? All the noises out of his camp suggest he fancies a change and to go to either Italy or Spain at end of season.

Spurs to United right now is a sideways step. Neither side will come close to winning a title for years.

flappyjay

To me it seems Ole doesn't have the urgency to bring people in as he feels he's got time on his side, there's no pressure for us to improve right now. Jose for all his many many faults would be having a meltdown right now at the state of the squad and the lack of signings.
Yeah if he really was bothered by our deficiencies then deals would have been getting worked on in the background before the window opened. January 1st should have been medicals and signing.

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
Yeah, we rejected him - riiiiiiiight. What a joke this club is. Can we go much lower than where we are now? Inevitably Ole will be the fall guy in the next few weeks. He'll get the boot and we might even get Poch to replace him. Won't make a bit of difference. He'll fail too because of the circus around him. Sad times.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
I don't think Ole appreciates how urgently we need some new players this window. He's so idealistic and is looking for the "right" player to become available.
I'm guessing he's looking for British, family ties to United, can run around all day. He doesn't trust foreign players like Bruno Fernandes will give their all for United. I'll be very surprised if we make any purchases this January. Shame.
That profile didn't fit Ole when he was a player, he was neither British, nor any of that :) I don't think there were many United players who were more loyal to United (considering he was used as a sub regularly, the "super" prefix notwithstanding). I think the summer deal fell through because Sporting was asking more than what Woodward wanted to pay, and he also stubbornly thought we had "enough" midfielders, including Pogba.

Alemar

I've just read some news (referencing The Times as source) that OGS plans to sign 6 players this transfer window. We can't even sign a single one.

peridigm

Yeah, we rejected him - riiiiiiiight. What a joke this club is. Can we go much lower than where we are now? Inevitably Ole will be the fall guy in the next few weeks. He'll get the boot and we might even get Poch to replace him. Won't make a bit of difference. He'll fail too because of the circus around him. Sad times.
It's like we're briefing to dangle carrots infront of the fans to direct attention away from the real problem. Exactly why I think it's pointless to sack Ole at this stage. Until there are changes in the way the club is run, manager rotation will do nothing but set us back even further. At least we're seeing a clear out of players that should no longer be here. Long may it continue.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
If true this is embarrassing. I assume he rejected us. Which is also embarrassing.
He made it clear we are not even in consideration. Which is why we are not even trying. The rest is just Sky trying to make news out of it. Seems like Eriksen wants to leave EPL, so not necessarily a dig at us, but on a more global scale - we shouldn't expect any established player to join us, while we are in this state. Not going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.