Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lynty

They have got an identity and a style of play that they know which players will suit their system. It’s been instilled at that club for quite some time.

Ours is well... “We are Man Utd and full of smiley faces”

theklr

I thought this. Linked with him last summer. He started crying in a preseason game which suggests he was moving. We have had another 4 months to scout him. Only in January when the window opens does our management decide to look at him first hand. Surely they should go scout him in November / December time so we are ready to negotiate when the window opens? The whole club is run by morons.
If it werent for McT and Pogba beeing long-term injured at the same time, we wouldnt have looked at anyone but just waited until summer to get Maddison or Grealish.
They probably needed to look closer now that we actually have to buy something in January. Poor planning combined with unlucky injuries.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I thought this. Linked with him last summer. He started crying in a preseason game which suggests he was moving. We have had another 4 months to scout him. Only in January when the window opens does our management decide to look at him first hand. Surely they should go scout him in November / December time so we are ready to negotiate when the window opens? The whole club is run by morons.
Genuinely think the club only start looking at stuff when the window opens. They then rush for 30 days trying to make something happen. No wonder we end up with a scatter gun approach and seem very unorganised.

then you have other clubs lining up deals all through the season ready to sign it off once the window opens. Meh.

Devil81

If he struggles in a dysfunctional side why on earth would you want him here?
Most top strikers have had bad periods of form. Andy Cole couldn't hit a barn door for about 12 months at United.

I think there was enough potential in him that the risk of 30 million is minimal for a striker these days.

We like a poacher and that's what his game is all about. I think he'd be a good signing.

Josep Dowling

As I can see, non of the top English clubs made any signings, all are at the same stage basically... so stop the panic
I really don't care what other clubs are doing. Plus Liverpool got Minamino sorted a few weeks before the window opened. They don't even need to strengthen.

DarkRed

I really don't care what other clubs are doing. Plus Liverpool got Minamino sorted a few weeks before the window opened. They don't even need to strengthen.
Everything is measured in comparison, so you can't really claim we are the worst, it's the same situation for all ( as an example - City desporatlly needed a CB but also nothing happened so far).
Liverpool transfer is of a commercial value, less of football as they can afford that now, Ed also said we need a player to appeal to the Asian market.

Velvet Revolver

The climate has changed dramatically since then and all of a sudden fees of over £100 million were being paid for the likes of Dembele.

It was a daft thing to say that's for sure but people like you are morons as well. We can't do that, it's obvious. We were quoted over £100 million for Sancho. If a big fee was still £50 million then it may be a different story.

Will be really interesting to see how City start replacing their squad seeing as the likes of Sterling, Silva and Aguero were all bought for far less than a similar player would go for now, let alone in a couple of years. If City were buying Sterling this window for example, how much would he cost?

The bubble has to burst at some point and part of it will be clubs point blank refusing to pay which may well be what we're doing at the moment. Frustrating but in a way it's understandable.

I'd hazard a guess that it isn't just the fees either, it's wages and the commitment of players being in the books long term. It seems like we're trimming down drastically, looking and bringing through the talent we have at the club and being cautious in the market. It sucks but its the situation we're in and may well be for the next 12/18 months or longer.

I agree with your sentiment. But i also think that City and other clubs do business practically. They address the needs and if a player suits their profile and costs 100M they spend 100 million. In our case we go after everyone and spend high amount on players that don't exactly take us to the next level. Big difference there

Harry Maguire is a great example. is the the only ball playing Central Defender on the planet? could we have got other defenders who are quite as good as him for half the price? - Absolutely but we didn't and that's on us not the transfer market.

theklr

I agree with your sentiment. But i also think that City and other clubs do business practically. They address the needs and if a player suits their profile and costs 100M they spend 100 million. In our case we go after everyone and spend high amount on players that don't exactly take us to the next level. Big difference there

Harry Maguire is a great example. is the the only ball playing Central Defender on the planet? could we have got other defenders who are quite as good as him for half the price? - Absolutely but we didn't and that's on us not the transfer market.
To be fair, many other teams would get him for half the price as well :lol:

Lynty

I've said this many times.

I think Chong will have a good career. He's been mismanaged here. Desperately needed a loan to get more experience in the mans game.

Judas

Open to offers
I've said this many times.

I think Chong will have a good career. He's been mismanaged here. Desperately needed a loan to get more experience in the mans game.
I'm not sure how his career will go, but not sending him on loan this season was a very stupid decision, it's obvious he needs to play more top level football. I think he did alright in his last appearance and I'd rather keep hold of him and loan him out next season, if possible.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout

ArjenIsM3

If they'd done their job properly, they wouldn't need to scout him now or whoever they're scouting. This would have been done before January and they would have been sure enough to have agreed a deal already.
What bollocks. All based on assumptions based on assumptions. Who says he's there to scout Bruno? Who says we want to get Bruno in January? Maybe he's there to scout a completely different player who we're going to target in summer.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
That just makes Ole etc. look weak, they should do whats in the best interest of the player, and that was a loan move.
Agree, just put him on a plane with a couple of stewards and tell him he can’t come back until next summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.