Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suedesi

Do you think this squad is honestly better than 5th whilst battling for 4th? We're pretty much where I expected we would be though we've had Martial and Pogba out for lengthy periods plus been hit by injuries to the likes of Bailly and McTominay which have really impacted our depth.

Yes there have been some really frustrating performances and some that simply aren't good enough but you can see the players buy in and you can see we have some direction for the first time in years. Whilst we've had some poor results and performances, we've had some excellent ones and our record against the 'top 6' clubs has been exceptional. If we'd beaten Watford, Newcastle, Bournemouth and Villa for example but lost to City, Liverpool, drawn with Leicester and Spurs we'd be in the same place pretty much and they wouldn't be results you'd generally be up in arms about.

We're bringing through some really talented young players and have given a lot of debuts, not simply throw away minutes at the end of a league Cup game either. We've seen the likes of Rashford and McTominay really kick on, Williams and in particular Greenwood have pushed their way in and been given the chance to do so. Other managers may have persisted with the experience of Mata and Young for example.

Then we've got the likes of Garner and Laird as well as others who you trust will be given opportunities under Ole. We've struggled with our best player missing and a really depleted squad but are pretty much where this squad should be and (in my opinion at least) seem to finally have some sort of plan forward.

I for one and actually pretty enjoying this ride and am prepared to see how it goes at least until this time next year. We've got the makings of a team moving in the right direction and now the recruitment is absolutely key. I've taken a lot of pride in the young lads this season and I don't believe we'd be seeing them get these minutes under most managers out there.

Which manager out there do you genuinely think would have this team significantly better off, given the same circusmtaces this season?
I do. I think this squad is better than the likes of Crystal Palace, Watford, West Ham, Newcastle, Bournemouth and Arsenal, all of which have battered us.

Tarrou

Sporting are trying to keep him for the game against Benfica is my guess
they are no where in the league so would it make sense to risk the transfer over one game?

Ed being a tight bastard is my guess

alexthelion

I do. I think this squad is better than the likes of Crystal Palace, Watford, West Ham, Newcastle, Bournemouth and Arsenal, all of which have battered us.
Is it as good as Spurs, City, Chelsea or Leicester who we've beaten?

Reactions: KM

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Dortmund missed the CL once in the past 10 years - before Mkhitaryan left. :confused:

Rupp had four starts this season, he didn't get a single minute in their last six games and didn't make the squad in the last two. Hoffenheim let him go for 500k. I sincerely doubt that "they" (as in their Twitter guy) had any intention of pettyness with that tweet. Probably just some guy messing up the translation.
Did they finish the German tweet with 'kellar kinder @do.ob ?

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
It's practically impossible to have a football podcast and not sound like an arrogant tosser. Nobody has managed it yet. Phil is streets ahead, in terms of quality, than most I've heard.
You don’t listen to United Hour then!

Aouer-United

City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs's squad is better than our and they failed to beat us with Pogba out. It invalidates your argument

It's football, you're implying that top sides should never to midtable and lower clubs, they must beat them every time no matter.

Suedesi

City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs's squad is better than our and they failed to beat us with Pogba out. It invalidates your argument

It's football, you're implying that top sides should never to midtable and lower clubs, they must beat them every time no matter.
I'm implying that top sides should not be beaten by the likes of Crystal Palace, Watford, Bournemouth, Newcastle, West Ham etc., in half a season. It's absurd.

Look at the predictions at beginning of the season, very few people predicted Chelsea would finish ahead of us. Leicester? None.
Fact is Brendan is doing a much better job with a poorer squad.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Few things on this site worse than someone trotting out shite about football manager.
I don't think you understand the point I made. I'm agreeing with you. It's not champ manager is the point I made. Spending £60m in real world isnt something you do over a 10 minute chat.

Imagine if you had millions and you had planned to buy something for say £50 or £60m. I doubt you'd rush into it either.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Can someone enlighten me as to why its unfair to play a striker and expect him to score goals? Has he just come back from a bad injury?
I think he means its unfair since he has shown he isnt up to the task. So they should look to sign another striker

Bestietom

I cannot, and I've tried, for the life of me understand why this Bruno Fernandes deal is taking so long. Our midfield is so bad, you'd think we would even be prepared to give them DDG on loan.
When did you see/hear of a transfer deal going smoothly since Woody and Judge got involved. They take forever to get a deal over the line. Should have been done and dusted last week.

Lynty

Battered us? Grow up mate.

West Ham was the only team who were clearly better than us on the day. We threw away the other games.

passing-wind

We aren't a top side, we've lost too many games against lower league opposition which if we won would predicate us to be a top side. Chelsea under Lampard have been flat track bully's and it's given them some distance in fourth spot. The league is mandated on numbers through the algorithm of points, you'll have a higher probability of success beating small teams and losing to the top four due to simple ratio's.

There's no excuse for our losses aside Solskjaer underachieving to the extent he has even said so himself.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Would be quite disappointed to see Andreas go the other way even if its for a loan.
Something I never thought I would say/type this time last year.

And knowing our injury issues I wouldn't rule out Fernandes getting caught up in the mix and be on the treatment table for a few weeks.

Heck, we've probably got some brutal obstacle course in the Carrington complex foyer for every poor sod who comes through the door daily.

Last edited:

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout

Gerrard confirms Roma having been interested in Barisic for a long time.

Last edited:

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks

If this is the case I cant see Jovic lasting much longer at the Bernabeu.

Judas

Open to offers
I really really don't see Andreas wanting to go on another loan, he clearly loves playing for us, and with the amount he's played this season I think he'd find it a bitter pill to swallow. I can't see it happening.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground

Paris is in France. So is Lille. Soumare confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.