Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
“He hasnt been the same as last year” neither have most Napoli players. So its likely something to do with the team than an individual is the point
I already addressed the issue of age. Especially with the squad we have signing a player in that age range would actually be smart. Again not saying he should be the one.

As for Seria A and Smalling I will ignore this comment since there are plenty of top defenders who play or have played in Seria A and since also Smalling is actually a very good defender

macheda14

I somehow do not think this is true.
I can understand papers saying ‘United interested in player x, United in talks for player x etc’ but to falsely report that a club has actually signed a player is too much.

EDIT: actually wait I just saw they have quotation marks. That’s fine then.

SER19

The player with most assists, through balls, key passes, long balls. Yeah we don't need any of that anyway
You rate him more than me. I think he's inconsistent, unreliable and a distraction. I think we can rebuild a midfield with his fee.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Article says Bruno could join us this month and we're also after either Grealish or Maddison in the summer as a Pogba replacement. Can anyone tell me how we plan to play Bruno and Maddison/Grealish together. None would be squad depth for the price we get them and wouldn't getting one of Bruno or Grealish or Maddison negate the need for getting the rest

Infra-red

Article says Bruno could join us this month and we're also after either Grealish or Maddison in the summer as a Pogba replacement. Can anyone tell me how we plan to play Bruno and Maddison/Grealish together. None would be squad depth for the price we get them and wouldn't getting one of Bruno or Grealish or Maddison negate the need for getting the rest
I would assume that the plan would be to play Fernandes at #8 and Maddison/Grealish as a #10 against lesser opposition, with Fernandes moving to #10 and Maddison/Grealish being shifted wide vs the top sides.

Withnail

All 3 can play as a CM or AM so any two of the three would be able to pay together.

However, we'd still be in dire need of a DM.

saivet

If Villa get relegated, I'd be interested to see how much they get for Grealish.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
After we had recently bought two new CB’s. Woodward is supposedly a lot of things, but “tight”?
Bullshit excuse, invented by Woodward camp. In football sometimes you buy players and they don’t work out. What you do then is - you sell them and buy the one that your manager wants, if you want to back your manager and enable them to be successful.

What you don’t do is act like a fecking stubborn pawn shop owner.

Muppets on here are going to be absolutely gutted when Ed announces Chanel No.5 as the official Manchester United perfume... :lol:
Considering the kind of sponsors Woodward usually gets us, Chanel is way too fancy for us. Expect Febreze air freshener instead. Goes nicely with Kohl products...

Last edited:

TsuWave

Bullshit excuse, invented by Woodward camp. In football sometimes you buy players and they don’t work out. What you do then is - you sell them and buy the one that your manager wants, if you want to back your manager and enable them to be successful.

What you don’t do is act like a fecking stubborn pawn shop owner.
I know this sounded cool in your head and all, but you don’t invest millions buying two new players, requested by your manager, to them move them the next year because the same manager is not happy and wants you to invest a potential recording breaking fee for another player in the same position, who isn’t even a clear improvement on what your currently have, all in the name of “backing the manager”. Are you on crack?

Again, Woodward is supposedly a lot of things, but “tight” is nowhere near the top

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
I know this sounded cool in your head and all, but you don’t invest millions buying two new players, requested by your manager, to them move them the next year because the same manager is not happy and wants you to invest a potential recording breaking fee for another player in the same position, who isn’t even a clear improvement on what your currently have, all in the name of “backing the manager”. Are you on crack?

Again, Woodward is supposedly a lot of things, but “tight” is nowhere near the top
Watch your language. I am not on crack - it happens in football. It's not exact science. Pep also bought some players that didnt work and then had to replace. The difference is - his club supports him and Woodward is a moron

sherrinford

I would assume that the plan would be to play Fernandes at #8 and Maddison/Grealish as a #10 against lesser opposition, with Fernandes moving to #10 and Maddison/Grealish being shifted wide vs the top sides.
I would assume the opposite, if keeping that setup. Fernandes hasn’t struck me as being suitable for playing as a no.8 in a deeper two. Neither does Grealish, really, but he has intimated that he prefers playing deeper. Maddison I could actually see doing well there - I initially thought of him as more of a final third player but he’s changing my mind the more I see of him in his current role, and he has also said he sees himself as more of a no.8 now. Pogba has been occupying the deeper role this season too so if one of them were brought in to replace him it would indicate that that is the position earmarked for them.

Also, in terms of adjusting for big games, the only side you would put either Grealish or Maddison on is the left, and would we really look to do that?

We could also alter the setup slightly, have two no.8s in front of a no.6, and allow them equal freedom to go forward.

croadyman

Paris is in France. So is Lille. Soumare confirmed.
Did anyone get to the bottom of why he was on a Eurostar today,there was something earlier about a meeting to do with Brugge around the logistics of that match.

Would love to think this is about Soumare or that he's going to meet the Atletico CEO about Saul,however this is Woody and it's much more likely he has just gone to France shopping.

Red_toad

Did anyone get to the bottom of why he was on a Eurostar today,there was something earlier about a meeting to do with Brugge around the logistics of that match.

Would love to think this is about Soumare or that he's going to meet the Atletico CEO about Saul,however this is Woody and it's much more likely he has just gone to France shopping.
He wouldn’t have been impressed with Soumare to be honest, red carded and not a great performance. Guy is a tank of a player when on the ball, but 50 million fee quoted for him is ridiculous. He’s very sporadic during every game.

Status
Not open for further replies.