Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
How does it make sense?

This clause was already claimed in the summer. It was supposed to be €35m and Spurs triggered it. Apparently Bruno agreed not to claim the payment in order to help the club.

Why is Castles acting like nobody was aware of this in the summer? Why would they add a further clause when the previous one was met and the player agreed to waive the money?

It’s bizarre but at this point Castles has made a cnut of himself leading in this as a done deal. He’s now having to come out with as much nonsense as possible to backtrack.
The player signed a new contract a few months ago so things could've changed.

L1nk

He is a good journo in Italy that has very close ties to Sarri apparently, according to the Pochettino thread. How that would get him an exclusive i've no idea, but I believe he was onto Inter and Lukaku before most? Not entirely sure tbh

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He is a good journo in Italy that has very close ties to Sarri apparently, according to the Pochettino thread. How that would get him an exclusive i've no idea, but I believe he was onto Inter and Lukaku before most? Not entirely sure tbh
He was ITK about the Lukaku deal due to his close allegiance with Sarri whose club Juve were trying to sign the Belgian.

Adnan

Talent Spotter

Juve, Inter, PSG and Man City will fight for his signature according to Di Marzio.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Who is Carlos Vinicius?

Seems like a 24 year old journeyman striker from Brazil who is only now finding some kind of form, at Benfica. There is no way some club has bid 60m euros for him. Maybe Benfica are putting it out there to troll Sporting over Bruno :lol:

We've got to be mindful of the Portuguese links. They love to link their own players, or their agents (Gaitan). Hard to believe any rumours coming from Portugal.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Please be true about Poch. I can’t take anymore of this amateur in charge. Can’t wait to just thinking of him as a legend and not hating his every move.

passing-wind

This is a great example of future planning.

One top young transfer per season. Buy them early so the price is reasonable, instead of letting stepping stone clubs getting them first and hiking the valuation a year or two down the line. Sure, they've paid just over 100m in three years, but it's better than paying 200-250m instead if they end up as good as their talent suggests.
This is much sense, so when I hear Solskjaer and Woodward talk about a new transfer strategy what it really means is Ole targeting young British players. The PR attempt to flip the narrative of our transfer policy to negate the use of a DOF is absolutely hilarious.

Until we start getting a Haaland before he goes to Austria, until we use the so called sophisticated scouting network to pursue talent such as Olmo, Camavinga, lesser known Eridvise marksman Boadu, Chukwueze, Demiral before Juve picked him up then the club can talk about a new transfer strategy.

Last edited:

sparx99

This is much sense, so when I hear Solskjaer and Woodward talk about a new transfer strategy what it really means is Ole targeting young British players. The PR attempt to flip the narrative of our transfer policy to negate the use of a DOF is absolutely hilarious.

Until we start getting a Haaland before he goes to Austria, until we use the so called sophisticated scouting network to pursue talent such as Olmo, Camavinga, lesser known Eridvise marksman Boadu, Chukwueze, Demiral before Juve picked him up then the club can talk about a new transfer strategy.
To be fair in the last 18 months we have brought in the likes of Dalot, Mejbri and Hoogewarf for this exact reason.

The problem is young players need time to develop.

Godfather

This is a great example of future planning.

One top young transfer per season. Buy them early so the price is reasonable, instead of letting stepping stone clubs getting them first and hiking the valuation a year or two down the line. Sure, they've paid just over 100m in three years, but it's better than paying 200-250m instead if they end up as good as their talent suggests.
But but but I thought you couldn't get top talent in January??1?

newgiz

But but but I thought you couldn't get top talent in January??1?
That is a signing for the long term. Its not like he's walking into the Real Madrid starting lineup in the next match day.

Let's be a bit objective here.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
They’re young players from the Brazilian league, with no experience of European football. Totally unproven and not exactly cheap.
Who said anything about cheap. They are highly rated talent.

Freeney

Supports
Djibouti FC

Which is why i would stay clear of british players like Madison and Grealish, and why i was against the Maguire deal. There is no value in buying overpriced and overrated english players. A competent board would never spend a total of 130 million pounds for Freaking Wan bissaka and Maguire. Absolute madness.

Sambob

Surely all this back and forth must be bullshit? Surely no one in charge of a multi million dollar corporation just changes their minds on a whim from day to day? Surely not?
Think of it like the difference between boxing and professional wrestling. The press coverage is Wrestling and the actual negotiation is boxing, there will be a back and forth, there will be people trying to get the best for themselves, and the press coverage just massively amplifies this to almost soap opera proportions.

prateik

Surely all this back and forth must be bullshit? Surely no one in charge of a multi million dollar corporation just changes their minds on a whim from day to day? Surely not?
Bruno isnt happening.

Sporting are trying hard to cash in.. No one is biting.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Odriozola is currently negotiating his departure from Madrid.Sevilla or Bayern Munich, the main options

Barnslig

Think of it like the difference between boxing and professional wrestling. The press coverage is Wrestling and the actual negotiation is boxing, there will be a back and forth, there will be people trying to get the best for themselves, and the press coverage just massively amplifies this to almost soap opera proportions.
Oh yeah, I have no doubt discussions are/have been going on, but this constant back and forth reporting by the media is only going to lead to people not clicking, because the general consensus is whatever it says is bullshit anyway. But anything for short term gain I guess. Today's journalists are just glorified bloggers anyways, doubt there are many actual journalists with actual sources and information left.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Odriozola is currently negotiating his departure from Madrid.Sevilla or Bayern Munich, the main options
Another former caf favourite, failed to live up to expectation. Good choice ultimately, because Hakimi is different class and will surely take that spot long term.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Another former caf favourite, failed to live up to expectation. Good choice ultimately, because Hakimi is different class and will surely take that spot long term.
He is a good player, he attacks well although perhaps with too much enthusiasm and has a lot of resistance, but tactically is a disaster, often badly placed.
A different coach or team and he could improve. In any case I think it's just a loan

Status
Not open for further replies.