Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

kode

The saddest part nowadays is that its clear that both Woodward and Ole have no clue on what is happening in the market. Augustin was on loan at Monaco where he barely played, why do we have to wait until Leeds get to have him to enquire this is ridiculous. If at this point in time we can't even know who is available for loan (since we cant buy....) then we should just stop making ourselves fools.
We are at an unprecedented low, I can't recall us chasing such average players, players that aren't playing for mid-table teams and still we cant even get them. I know some fans will hate me for saying this, but i honestly wish we get such a terrible run of defeats so that these c***** can move on and give us back our team.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
I don't care how late or advanced it is - The fact that we've made a bid for a player and he's signed for a championship club over us speaks volumes about the current situation the club is in.

This is going to get a lot worse before it gets any better.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I don't care how late or advanced it is - The fact that we've made a bid for a player and he's signed for a championship club over us speaks volumes about the current situation the club is in.

The rumours are we have a 3rd party looking for available options, I imagine we just inquired as to the availability. I doubt it even went passed that. It's more clickbait as no one knows what's going on.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!

Not true really is it?

If you believe everything you read, you’re nuts.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I'm actually really happy about how badly this is going in some sort of twisted way. The pressure is really going to mount up on Woody n Glazers now. Pure toxic.

It's whats needed. Got to let them know that change is needed. They need to take their undeserved profit and feck off back to Glazerville. I can see things getting ugly soon. Fans are rightly pissed off.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
The state of this club. I know the club has had dips in the past, but to see the transformation over the past 7 years from global powerhouse into mediocrity (and thats generous) has been shocking. Its really sad what they have done to the club. And i don't see a turnaround in the near future. 6 signings in the last 4 windows is it? two of wich are Dalot and Grant when we have lost at least 5 fist team players.

Zoo

We left it too late and were disorganised whereas Leeds did loads of prep work. Other PL teams missed out too. Augustin’s agent is the same as Benjamin Mendy’s who loves Bielsa. Also being fair, Ornstein says that Augustin probably wasn’t a leading target.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
I'm actually really happy about how badly this is going in some sort of twisted way. The pressure is really going to mount up on Woody n Glazers now. Pure toxic.

It's whats needed. Got to let them know that change is needed. They need to take their undeserved profit and feck off back to Glazerville. I can see things getting ugly soon. Fans are rightly pissed off.
I agree with the sentiment but we’ve been thinking that for years and feck all’s happened. What makes you think it’ll be different now?

Judas

Open to offers
I agree with the sentiment but we’ve been thinking that for years and feck all’s happened. What makes you think it’ll be different now?
Blind hope. He's in some parallel universe where he thinks if this season goes badly the Glazers and Woody will pack their bags and leave. It's cute but bonkers.

HJ12

Top class professionals we have at the club.
Ornstein says in his podcast that a number of clubs were interested in this guy and all came late to the party. He then mentions us as being one of those clubs, with no mention of any of the others. Mention Man United and in what a sht space we're in = clicks.

sparx99

Manchester United are the only football club where winter transfer windows are taken so seriously and used to spin narratives. While it's fair to argue that we have a desperation that is greater than others due to the imbalance between our stature and league peformances, at the same time, January windows have historically been treated as 'bonus windows' with any additions therein being seen as 'bonus signings'. With us, majority of this forum as well as many journalists seem to see this window as a 'must invest bigly' one, which is odd. It would be nice to get in a short term cover for Rashford but we should operate with a long term vision rather than knew jerk ism and out of desperation. Also, anybody that counts winter windows to analyse transfer activity dislays an agenda.

It's 6 signings in 2 summers which is perfectly reasonable. Would have liked more of course (Grant doesn't really count) and much better quality than those 6 (not a single transformative player) but it's not woeful either.
Those six signings included only 3 players expected to make an immediate impact. Fred, Maguire and AWB.

Dalot and James were brought in as good young players for squad depth and potential. Lee Grant was just an emergency backup.

Then add the context of who we’ve let go and you can see we’ve made a mess of the last two summers. We finished 2nd before the summer we brought in Fred, Dalot and Grant. What a chance to kick on if we’d committed to another two quality players.

I’m fine with us letting Herrera and Lukaku leave if we had got replacements for them but our squad would be so much stronger for having those two around this year.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Manchester United are the only football club where winter transfer windows are taken so seriously and used to spin narratives. While it's fair to argue that we have a desperation that is greater than others due to the imbalance between our stature and league peformances, at the same time, January windows have historically been treated as 'bonus windows' with any additions therein being seen as 'bonus signings'. With us, majority of this forum as well as many journalists seem to see this window as a 'must invest bigly' one, which is odd. It would be nice to get in a short term cover for Rashford but we should operate with a long term vision rather than knew jerk ism and out of desperation. Also, anybody that counts winter windows to analyse transfer activity dislays an agenda.

It's 6 signings in 2 summers which is perfectly reasonable. Would have liked more of course (Grant doesn't really count) and much better quality than those 6 (not a single transformative player) but it's not woeful either.
Exactly, money was spent but not quite well. Its unfortunate that 2 of our midfielders are out for longer period, else 4 players for 2 midfield position was okay.

Mistake was, we let both Lukaku and Sanchez go without replacing them. Expecting a kid from Championship to replace them was also bit of a stretch.

Craig Ward

Its quite baffling given how thin the squad has been that we have hit the 28th January and we are still only hearing the same stories about Bruno Fernandes. The same stories we heard all summer btw!

We have been hit by injuries all summer, are desperately low on quality in Midfield and our reaction? To do nothing obviously.

We must be the worst club in world football when it comes to transfer dealings.

From what i have read, i think we are ok scouting wise its the planning of identifying which targets to bid for and the actual bidding process which we just cannot do!

Given that we still have, i would say question marks over the long term future of at least 10 senior players:
Sanchez, Smalling, Matic, Mata, Jones, Rojo, Bailly, Fosu-Mensah, Lingard, Pogba

We havent got enough quality in the squad NOW, without any further departures (and i do believe these players need to leave)

I just have no faith in the board ability to bring in the volume of players Ole needs to make a go of re-shaping the squad. Signing only 1 player in January sets us back massively, signing no one is a disaster

It tells me one thing - the owners and the board, especially Ed Woodward have zero ambition for this club to be a success on the football pitch

Godfather

I'm the same. Sadly many matchgoers aren't interested it seems and won't join any form of protest. It's their good right of course. They pay good money for it. Would just be great to see the pressure rising from the stands too.

SmallCaine

You do remember that the same 4 windows have seen us lose 2 midfielders, 2 forwards and 5 defenders. So we have had 6 in, 9 out with 1 in being a 3rd choice gk.

How exactly is it not woeful? The idiots incharge couldn't even numerically improve the team let alone doing it in terms of quality.

Cliche Guevara

Barca get an injury to Suarez and then snatch for Valencia's best striker; we get an injury to Rashford and we're looking to bring in Leicester reject, Slimani.
Valencia give him up smooth within a matter of days though.

I’m sure if we could get Harry Kane from Spurs for £60m we would.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Blind hope. He's in some parallel universe where he thinks if this season goes badly the Glazers and Woody will pack their bags and leave. It's cute but bonkers.
They've been here for 15 years. Not exactly a short amount of time. Are they going to hand it down to the 3rd generation of the Glazer scum then? They'll sell soon if they really are good businessmen as we are led to believe because the valuation won't keep rising with how far behind we're continuing to fall. The next generation of plastic fans around the world will be following City n Liverpool not United.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Took all of three days to go from rumours of interest to sealing a transfer. Competence matters.
Yes. Go straight in and get it done. We spend most of the time insulting the other club with low ball offers then try to blacken their name through press releases. This club stinks. We used to be classy, where has that gone?

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Yes. Go straight in and get it done. We spend most of the time insulting the other club with low ball offers then try to blacken their name through press releases. This club stinks. We used to be classy, where has that gone?
Its sad because its not like Gill and Fergie are completely disconnected from it. They are on the board. I can't seem to fathom how such serial winners are allowing incompetence to fester.

VanGaalyTime

Very surprised we are not in for him, considering he can play all across the front line.
Unfortunately we can't match the wealth of teams like Spurs. We'll probably get a signing completed, but to get someone of this quality for a club like United is always going to be impossible when the bigger teams are in as well.

VanGaalyTime

Obvious nonesense. Who is this guy anyway? If United fail to get Bruno now there probably be riots at every home match. It would be a monumental safety issue if the club acted so irresponsibly.

Status
Not open for further replies.