Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Meh, don't bother. For some it is all about goals and assists, only the numbers matter.

I would like to see this happen, a good cheap punt that has potential. Was hoping the Bellingham deal would have been done as well, any news on that ??
Numbers have never concerned me too much either at such a young age. But what this young kid has is huge potential as a Kane, Lewandowski type who could be available for a very low €13.5m buyout. These are the type of deals that are very low risk with the potential of high reward. But we don't tend to delve too much into the SA market and then our fans say our scouts are useless when said player moves to Lille or Lyon etc and is then sold on for a huge fee a few years down the line.

BlahRules

If that is the case then why not just buy him for €14m which is what £10m?

We went sign him. I feel bad for anyone that is hoping we will sign anyone. I always knew Bruno deal will be signed in the last few days of the transfer.

Ace of Spades

Numbers have never concerned me too much either at such a young age. But what this young kid has is huge potential as a Kane, Lewandowski type who could be available for a very low €13.5m buyout. These are the type of deals that are very low risk with the potential of high reward. But we don't tend to delve too much into the SA market and then our fans say our scouts are useless when said player moves to Lille or Lyon etc and is then sold on for a huge fee a few years down the line.
I know, hope we get him as well. Sounds a better option than some of the ones that were touted around. There is still time, but I am not confident of the people in charge to get this done.

DBT85

If that is the case then why not just buy him for €14m which is what £10m?

The assumption is that we even offered the loan in the first place. We get linked to hundreds every window.

Sure, if we were going to do it with an obligation to buy then it makes sense, but all we have is a report saying it. It could have been no obligation, it could never have happened.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout

24-year old striker Andrea Petagna has signed for Napoli from SPAL, but will stay on loan until the end of the season.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Hoped we'd try to sign King this summer as a supplementary striker. Glad the club tried, but unfortunately very understandable, Bornemouth find themselves in real danger of being relegated, their incentive to not sell King is worth around £100m+

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Donno why we left it this late to scramble for a striker. King would’ve been a good bench option I think.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Donno why we left it this late to scramble for a striker. King would’ve been a good bench option I think.
From the recent reports saying King was dependent on a striker coming in, it could have been in the works already.

RedDevilRoshi

Eddie Howe has not dismissed the possibility that Josh King might move to Man Utd if a new and improved offer is made

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
King is not exactly a serious goal scorer...

choccy77

Hoped we'd try to sign King this summer as a supplementary striker. Glad the club tried, but unfortunately very understandable, Bornemouth find themselves in real danger of being relegated, their incentive to not sell King is worth around £100m+
They get £107m approximately even if they go down.

They should take a fee for him now, they only paid £1m for him.

Take £15-£20m from United and it's good business

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
King is not exactly a serious goal scorer...
King can be a good supplementary goalscorer on a good team. His record in Bornemouth is very, very good. Injuries have been an issue this season, coupled with poor form, just to be clear about that. 13/16 penalties in EPL. But the discussion is mute since we're not buying him anyway

Adnan

Talent Spotter
King would be more of the same and we'd have to pay a tidy sum to acquire him. I would much rather see us think outside the box and sign the Argie kid if Possible who would give us a new dimension in attack and would potentially be a real threat to Martial as the #9.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Always found that King was better outside the box than in it.
I certainly wouldn't have him down as the type of forward we're in need of.

Cassidy

He scores and his assists record is high.

United need a player like him at this point.

We need scrappy goals.
High? Ok. Its average in terms of goals and isnt going to be near what Rashford gave this season

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Judging by Howe’s comments, it seems like Josh King could happen if the club and player push for it. It didn’t exactly take a hardline stance about keeping him.

Not sure I’d want him though.

choccy77

High? Ok. Its average in terms of goals and isnt going to be near what Rashford gave this season
Well, we no longer have Rashford so point is mute.

We need someone with experience, who can get us maybe 10 goals and also contribute to creating as well..... he can play central and wide - on his own or in a 2.

It's the type of squad player, we are lacking!

Yorke and Cole remember had Sheringham and Ole!

Cassidy

We need someone with experience, who can get us maybe 10 goals and also contribute to creating as well..... he can play central and wide - on his own or in a 2.

That about what he gets in a whole season, and now you expect him to come and do that in half a season? Not to mention he is regularly injured so we should replace our injured forward with another injury prone one. Makes sense

He has also been in poor form this season, but we expect him to come in hit the ground running and have one of the best 6 months in his career?

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.

Moot point, not mute point, just saying.

Hawks2008

We could do worse than King at this stage if we're set on getting a striker now. Ideally we get someone better in the summer though.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Was Josh King the one who scored that worldie winner against us at the Vitality early on in the season?
Don't think he's scored since and hardly played either :lol:

As a squad player he'd be alright I guess.

choccy77

That about what he gets in a whole season, and now you expect him to come and do that in half a season? Not to mention he is regularly injured so we should replace our injured forward with another injury prone one. Makes sense

He has also been in poor form this season, but we expect him to come in hit the ground running and have one of the best 6 months in his career?
You're a glass half empty kinda guy ;-)

Bournemouth are poor this season, United have ability to create lot's of chances...... it's a damn good option..... consider the alternative...... we sign no one... season over.

Cassidy

You're a glass half empty kinda guy ;-)

Bournemouth are poor this season, United have ability to create lot's of chances...... it's a damn good option..... consider the alternative...... we sign no one... season over.
Except we do not have the ability to create loads of chances

Another alternative would be to sign someone else

Guiseppe Rossi

And attitude... Didn't one of our coaches talk about the attitude of some of our youth. Wasn't Pereira one of those he referred to as well?

Here's the original quote from Warren joyce, Perreira gets enough stick on here so just wanted to clear it up as shit sticks

Joyce: Januzaj, Morrison, Macheda and Wilson failed because they stopped working hard
  • January 28, 2017

Ahead of his return to Manchester United, our former youth coach, Warren Joyce, has discussed the players he’s most disappointed with.
Adhan Januzaj is currently struggling at Sunderland after a fantastic debut season as United, James Wilson has gone from loan to loan without succeeding, while Federico Macheda is playing in Serie B, having played a crucial role in United winning the 2009 title.
The frustrating thing is seeing ones like Adnan Januzaj, James Wilson or Federico Macheda get up to that level and stop doing the work they did to get to that level. Not play the games, not train as hard, sit in Jacuzzis and not do the same weights and sessions they did to get there. Those are the frustrating ones for me, because that could be avoided.
If you can get up to that level when you’re young, you need to continue to work hard. You hope they become intelligent enough that they’re self-managing. Look at the Leicester team that won the league last season. There were five players that were in United’s reserves. If you add Jeff Schlupp, who came on trial for three months, trained with us and says openly that it changed him around, that’s a big group.
Speaking specifically about Ravel Morrison, Joyce revealed that members of United’s staff used to do his community service with him to ensure that he went.
There were times we took it in turns doing Ravel’s community service with him. I’ve shovelled horse s— with him in an afternoon to try and help him through that.

Status
Not open for further replies.