Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

lsd

The Oracle
Our first choice went to Dortmund and we clearly weren't organised enough to have thought about a backup. So now we're the old embarrassing drunk, staggering around the dancefloor at five minutes before closing, desperately searching for someone (anyone!) to take home.

Is this ever going to die down ? We would have been completely insane to sign Haaland on the terms him and his agent were asking

Pav1878

Is this ever going to die down ? We would have been completely insane to sign Haaland on the terms him and his agent were asking
I don't think the poster is disagreeing with what you say, just that we should have had a plan B in place

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20

Bournemouth actively looking at Josh King replacements (mainly overseas) if joins Manchester United - king at #MUFC when OGS reserve coach - OGS agent had Josh, did #AFCB deal - OGS apparently told King after a game he’d bring him to Man Utd 1 day

@TheAthleticUK

Infra-red

That's a tangential argument. Whatever the rights or wrongs of our failure to sign Haaland, we should have had some backup options in place. Instead, we appear to be scrabbling around in a last-minute fit of desperation.

cyberman

Who are these knobs on transfer talk on SSN?
Theyve butcheted the Harry Rednapp interview

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Interesting move. Do they not trust Bellerin to avoid injuries? Don't personally rate Cedric that much.
Our RB cover is Maitland-Niles who is not a full back and hate playing there. The other one is Chambers who is not great and out for a year. And Bellerin just came back from a year out, he can't and should not be trusted to play every remaining games. I like Cedric a lot and thought we should have bought him or Ryan Bertrand a lot sooner. Solid performers as back-ups.
Plus we're paying peanuts for him : 1M loan fee and his 60/65k wages. Free agent in the summer, he will probably sign a permanent deal with the club.

VanGaalyTime

It's now or never for King. Surely United aren't going back in for him in the summer. Only makes sense in context of limited time and availability. In summer, we could get a 20 goal a season player and invest properly.

roseguy64

Our RB cover is Maitland-Niles who is not a full back and hate playing there. The other one is Chambers who is not great and out for a year. And Bellerin just came back from a year out, he can't and should not be trusted to play every remaining games. I like Cedric a lot and thought we should have bought him or Ryan Bertrand a lot sooner. Solid performers as back-ups.
Plus we're paying peanuts for him : 1M loan fee and his 60/65k wages. Free agent in the summer, he will probably sign a permanent deal with the club.
Genuinely thought Maitland-Niles was a RB. Only ever seen him play there for Arsenal.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I'm all for King coming back to OT. There's alot of sensible thinking in the move.
But 27 million ? Umm,no.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
Those saying they'd rather Ings..all well and good but are Southampton going to let their best player, top scorer and massive hope of keeping them up go..on the last day of the window...for anything other than absolutely ridiculous money?

Of course not.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Genuinely thought Maitland-Niles was a RB. Only ever seen him play there for Arsenal.
He's supposed to be a CM and has a good toolbox to be one. But he's also very error prone, and will try weird flicks and/or lose focus many times a game. If he can get his head right he has a chance to get some minutes with Arteta considering Ceballos is struggling.

Redo91

Yeah. Everything he does is neatly executed, but he's been fairly anonymous most of the season, to the point where their fans (also partly induced by frustration about his incoming departure) booed him. Looks to me like he's still far from dominating games on his own. Put him into a functioning team that creates some space/opportunities for him and he'll probably shine though.
Apparently Bauer Leverkusen looking for around €100 million for him. Would be fair enough if he had maintained last seasons numbers which were unbelievable.

Status
Not open for further replies.