Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
He was ridiculed on here for it as well tbf but he was a better player at Soton than Igahlo has shown at Watford and in China.

The fact he willingly went to China in his prime is enough of a red flag for me
He's going to be stuck on the bench, so hopefully Bruno will be feeding Martial and Mason and chipping in with goals himself.

Godfather

Do you think there is an abundance of available quality strikers that we can just take on loan for 6 months? Anyone worth a dam isn't going anywhere. Most of the forward options were not very good, and the teams selling wanted obligation to buy clauses added. we are reaping what we sowed by not addressing this in the summer, that is where the real blame lies with Woodward and Ole. Not gonna put any anger into the club trying to do end of window panic buy because of an injury.
We wouldn't need to panic buy if we had bought a Lukaku replacement in the summer.

Would even prefer Arnautovic to Ighalo.

TrustInOle

IS this guy any good?
Loan + not taking the option to sign in the summer would be okay I guess, cover till summer. But my word what a depressing signing if it happens. Can't remember him too much in the prem except for having a decent partnership with Deeney.

Hoof the ball

Do you think there is an abundance of available quality strikers that we can just take on loan for 6 months? Anyone worth a dam isn't going anywhere. Most of the forward options were not very good, and the teams selling wanted obligation to buy clauses added. we are reaping what we sowed by not addressing this in the summer, that is where the real blame lies with Woodward and Ole. Not gonna put any anger into the club trying to do end of window panic buy because of an injury.
Madrid aren't really playing Jovic; Dortmund aren't really playing Alcacer. Both teams, I imagine would possibly entertain a loan + transfer obligation.

Speedicut75

Loan + not taking the option to sign in the summer would be okay I guess, cover till summer. But my word what a depressing signing if it happens. Can't remember him too much in the prem except for having a decent partnership with Deeney.
Agree. But at this point ( minus 2hrs plus and counting ), beggars can't be choosers.

joedirt87

Madrid aren't really playing Jovic; Dortmund aren't really playing Alcacer. Both teams, I imagine would possibly entertain a loan + transfer obligation.

it doesn't seem like United wanted to go that route of loan + obligation to buy, so it took those targets off the table.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
We needed a striker and it looks like we’ve got a striker.

He’s on loan so there’s no commitment.

stop fecking moaning

Zexstream

Anti-anti-racist
Will he have to go into quarantine for 14 days?

Genuine question, as those British people who arrived back from China today are in quarantine.

Gator Nate

2 to 4 million? For a loan? That's nothing. Six months of probably too-high wages? We can eat it.

And we bought a call option... we didn't sell a put. If he doesn't work out, back to China he goes. At worst, it's a bust and he sits on the bench in case of emergency.

I am impressed they got this through in basically six hours.

Speedicut75

Will he have to go into quarantine for 14 days?

Genuine question, as those British people who arrived back from China today are in quarantine.
You're not wrong; I hadn't thought of that. I was thinking it only applies if symptomatic, but this thing is communicable even in the absence of symptoms.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I was hoping you'd reassure me that there was some prep involved here. Reality is a bitch.
Sure his name cropped up earlier in the window, so maybe he was an option and we had to go down this road because other options were not available. We have another option on the bench if we need a goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.