Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

United_We_Stand

Barcelona have ruled out signing Real Sociedad striker Willian Jose as a replacement for the injured Ousmane Dembele.
The decision was taken on Wednesday by Barcelona due to the fee that La Real were demanding, which was between 30 and 35 million euros, as they were unable to reduce this figure.

Barnslig

Barcelona have ruled out signing Real Sociedad striker Willian Jose as a replacement for the injured Ousmane Dembele.
The decision was taken on Wednesday by Barcelona due to the fee that La Real were demanding, which was between 30 and 35 million euros, as they were unable to reduce this figure.
So not only does Barca want special privileges, they want to get it for free as well? They were always going to have to pay a premium for any team to let their player go, mid-season, without any chance of getting a replacement in. Barca can get right fecked off their high horse.

Alabaster Codify7

Contrary to what some believe, we are not a 'Special Club' and this will be proven in the summer when Jadon Sancho inevitably chooses a different option because simply telling him "its a process/project" isn't going to trump the chance to win major honours.

Expect us to sign a RW from the Championship, and I'm not being sarcastic either.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Contrary to what some believe, we are not a 'Special Club' and this will be proven in the summer when Jadon Sancho inevitably chooses a different option because simply telling him "its a process/project" isn't going to trump the chance to win major honours.

Expect us to sign a RW from the Championship, and I'm not being sarcastic either.
Contrary to what most of the caf seem to believe, yes we fecking are.

SteveCoppellFan

Ive never understood comments like this.

Stop belittling the club you support.

United will always be a massive club, they may not always be winning but you cannot deny to the stature of the club

TheReligion

Abusive

Not a special club? Dear me mate that's embarrassing. In the month we mourn Munich and the babes and you come out with this. Terrible.

JarkiJarko

We should look at this, Tolisso would be a great signing. Have to be careful not to get fleeced though, especially if Bayern's goal is to raise funds.
Considering Bayern's past sales they likely won't demand much more than what they paid for him, so around 40m€ would be my guess (unless he really shines for France at the Euros).

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!

The feck we aren’t

It’s so sad it’s laughable.

RightSaidFredTheRed

On numerous metrics we are the most well supported club in the world with one of the richest histories. If that's not special, what is! I guess you define special as current success. In which case you are the definition of a glory hunter.

Sancho may choose another team, in which case he isn't the right personality for us. The reference to his regular late arrivals in training may already suggest he doesn't have the enthusiastic professionalism we need.

As for signing a RW from the Championship, you say that like it's a terrible thing to do. Sheffield United signed half their players from even lower down the leagues and are ahead of us currently.

Effective sounting is finding the right talent regardless of the league. Fernandes is a great example, yes more of a gamble than a Premiership proven talent, but he looks like he has all the attributes. Unless you want to swap your support to a football manager plastic team like PSG or City, you have to accept there are times we'll look for smarter options.

Bellingham at £30m for example could turn out to be as good or better than Pogba at 3x that (4-5x in the current market). Yes obviously a difference in terms of current and potential ability, but Bellingham performing at 7/10 every week now could be more useful or equally useful than a Pogba at 8+/10 40% of the time and 6/10 or under the rest of the time. Big names don't always guarantee better consistent performances.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
This is truly a strange transfer. Why would they sell for so cheap, before the window is even open? At that price there could have been a bidding war over him come the summer. Has money changed hands between agents or something?

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Ziyech is going to fit in seamlessly into the type of football Lampard seems to going with at Chelsea.
Short on the ground quick one-touch style.

They'll be enjoyable unfortunately.

Last edited:

Josep Dowling

People were arrogant enough to think that we'd have a clear run at him because we're so desperate for a RW and others are not, but of course it doesn't work like that. What did we expect? that Bayern, Liverpool, City, etc, wouldn't be in for him?
I can't see those three clubs signing him at anything over £100m. City's priority is at the back. Would he go Liverpool to sit on the bench behind Salah and Mane? Doubt it. Maybe Bayern would be interested given their wingers but it goes back to my first sentence.

I thought Chelsea would be our main rival for his signature but signing Ziyech may have ended their interest.

passing-wind

We are going to look incredibly stupid to pass up the opportunity to get a quality right winger in Ziyech in favour of trying to get Sancho and ultimately failing.

Tiber

Sir Edward has been briefing heavily about these three players. If they aren't all signed my fellow muppets will know exactly how to rate the success of the window...and who to blame

Adnan

Talent Spotter
We are going to look incredibly stupid to pass up the opportunity to get a quality right winger in Ziyech in favour of trying to get Sancho and ultimately failing.
I would've liked Ziyech but if we miss out on Sancho there is several other options potentially we could target. Chiesa at Fiorentina would be my choice in that case and i'd take him ahead of Ziyech personally.

Champagne Football

J

Sir Edward has been briefing heavily about these three players. If they aren't all signed my fellow muppets will know exactly how to rate the success of the window...and who to blame
James Robson just recycles news that other journalists wrote many hours before. He's useless

billybee99

That's one way to look at it. Another is that possibly our biggest rival for his signature just signed a RW.

sideshow_bob

Supports
Healthy nutrition

We've been crying out for quality on the right wing for donkey years. Now we learn that this guy was truly available at this price since last summer. On top of that a top 4 rival thinks he's ready for the big time & deem him worthy of a place in their squad.

But not us. We've got Daniel fecking James

Status
Not open for further replies.