Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

RUCK4444

Wow, smarty pants here. What we need is to spend money wisely, get the right players for needed position on the pitch, not to throw money for the flavour of the month/year, because fans like you want new shiny toys only. How many big name players did good here, and will be remembered fondly by fans since SAF retired? Zlatan? And I don't want Saudis nowhere near United, not only cause who the are and what they do, but we are Manchester United, them buying us will be no end to Media talk, brainwashing public how we sold our soul, because we were not able to get back to winning ways without them.

Now, tell me, where did I exactly say that? Do we know each other? Why are you putting your words it my mouth? I don't want to eat at the same table with them, I want us to have our own table at the top of the restaurant with the most beautiful view. I want us to win trophies year after year after year, and be better than those clubs.

True, they spend money, some even got players who were not big name players and they turn out very good for them, some bought players for a lot of money and they did nothing, or very little.. So you want Kane for 200m, and what, 300,000 per week, only for him to be absent for 25 games every season, cool, because he is big name player.

Again, where did I say that? We need players who will fit in regardless of their name and price, who will play for the club, not for themselves. No more Diva's like Pogba. And btw, it is "You're", not "Your".
Thanks! I am Genius. But I am not a lad.
Have a great day.
:lol: You literally replied to my original post in which I replied to another poster, you are the one putting words in my mouth.

You said we don’t need to spend big money, ok so that means obviously spending less than our competitors - that’s the only thing it can mean.

You chirped up spouting this and that to my post and then wrote a long arse post while managing to say absolutely nothing of importance or relevance at all.

Long story short - I think if we can we should try to sign Kane...
That’s a no brainier, he’s a complete no 9 with an outstanding record in this league, his injury is a feckin hamstring, it happens.

I think we should have (any) owner who enables us to spend to our max limit, that’s what big clubs mostly do, unless you have Fergie or Klopp (Pep spends like a madman.)
You think we don’t need to spend a lot, your opinion.

Have a good day, Lass.

Teja

Why would their success with other young players not be relevant? Are English youth so different from German and French that make their success with those uncorrelated?
Not really, German doesn't really count for much because BVB are a big German club and it'd be surprising if they didn't develop German youth.

French - did they really develop someone from the youth academy? I think Dembele played there but he was basically signed to play for the first team (like Haaland), not as a 16 year old.

I guess Pulisic came through the ranks successfully. Still, I struggle to see what advantage he could get by moving to a different country at 16 years old - Spurs, Arsenal, Utd, Chelsea all have groomed academy players to first teamers let alone clubs known for their youth academy like WHU / Southampton. He won't really have to deal with culture shock, staying away from parents / friends etc. if he stays within the country.

I guess if it was my kid, I know what I'd pick for him.

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
Sign Jadon and Jack. Extend Matic’s contract with a year. Sign Ighalo. Sell Pogba.

Done.

Hoof the ball

Two players from two separate teams and we had to pay up front for both of them? Really? In an age when almost all deals of that magnitude are spread over a period of time, we just happen to (not once, but twice) reason with two clubs in one summer, both of whom demand full and upfront payments?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Two players from two separate teams and we had to pay up front for both of them? Really? In an age when almost all deals of that magnitude are spread over a period of time, we just happen to (not once, but twice) reason with two clubs in one summer, both of whom demand full and upfront payments?
Leicester according to reports dug their heels in and were adamant they wanted the fee upfront.

Palace it was reported wanted United to remove the Zaha sell on clause. United refused and it seems Palace dug their heels on a upfront fee.

Ian Reus

Ended 14 years of Grand National sweepstakes
What is going on with Dortmund? How can they be more attractive to English youth than every single PL club? They've had some amount of success with Sancho but that's like one datapoint.
Paul Lambert and another Scottish player went there in their prime.
Besides, they can sell the idea better than we can in this moment of time.

Exciting football in front of a passionate fanbase and playing CL every season.

RedDevilRoshi

“United mean business this summer” is something I hear every single summer.

If they “mean business this summer” then they’d get these deals done as soon as possible without any mucking about.

The Irish Connection

Sign Jadon and Jack. Extend Matic’s contract with a year. Sign Ighalo. Sell Pogba.

Done.
Yeah I think this would be good. We might have to wait and see how ighalo does in another few games but he looks like a decent option so far. Maybe someone like Soumare who wouldn’t cost a huge amount for defensive midfield.

RedDevilRoshi

Yeah I think this would be good. We might have to wait and see how ighalo does in another few games but he looks like a decent option so far. Maybe someone like Soumare who wouldn’t cost a huge amount for defensive midfield.
I’m sure Thomas Partey has a £42M release clause. A quality player as cheap as that in today’s market is something we should be all over.

Apokalips

Leicester according to reports dug their heels in and were adamant they wanted the fee upfront.

Palace it was reported wanted United to remove the Zaha sell on clause. United refused and it seems Palace dug their heels on a upfront fee.
What is gonna stop other clubs demanding upfront fees in the summer too? I wonder why this has been brought up a few times in the press recently, it must be to settle fans worries about us having no money left or something.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
What is gonna stop other clubs demanding upfront fees in the summer too? I wonder why this has been brought up a few times in the press recently, it must be to settle fans worries about us having no money left or something.
Leicester have wealthy owners and were capable of digging their heels in. Palace it seems were butt hurt about United refusing to budge on Zaha's sell on clause.

The likes of Villa for example have posted big losses so won't be in a position to demand a upfront fee, neither is it normal. On the continent it's more than normal practice to operate with instalments. Arsenal for example are paying the Pepe fee over 5 years according to reports.

I think the noises coming out of the club are very positive. If the money was scarce then I'm sure we'd be seeing a different tone filtering out. Baty and Woodward have both confidently spoke of our impending spend in the coming transfer window and it shouldn't surprise anyone if a club of our stature signs Grealish and Sancho. Both players are reported to be very open to joining United.

Ian Reus

Leicester have wealthy owners and were capable of digging their heels in. Palace it seems were butt hurt about United refusing to budge on Zaha's sell on clause.

The likes of Villa for example have posted big losses so won't be in a position to demand a upfront fee, neither is it normal. On the continent it's more than normal practice to operate with instalments. Arsenal for example are paying the Pepe fee over 5 years according to reports.

I think the noises coming out of the club are very positive. If the money was scarce then I'm sure we'd be seeing a different tone filtering out. Baty and Woodward have both confidently spoke of our impending spend in the coming transfer window and it shouldn't surprise anyone if a club of our stature signs Grealish and Sancho. Both players are reported to be very open to joining United.
Definitely think it'll be easy to grab Grealish. Sancho depends on our final league position.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I’m sure Thomas Partey has a £42M release clause. A quality player as cheap as that in today’s market is something we should be all over.
Partey does have a release clause according to reports but may not want to move. Local Madrid press have reported that he's shunned the advances of English clubs in the past and is very happy playing under Simeone.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Definitely think it'll be easy to grab Grealish. Sancho depends on our final league position.
It might or might not according to David Ornstein. But personally I think we have a chance of top 4 and have a real game changing player to comeback in the next few weeks who could easily swing things in our favour next to Bruno.

Ian Reus

It might or might not according to David Ornstein. But personally I think we have a chance of top 4 and have a real game changing player to comeback in the next few weeks who could easily swing things in our favour next to Bruno.
Bruno is the game changer.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Well he likes being the centre of attention. Hopefully he can see the affect bruno has on team and ups his game to show us who is top dog in this side.
I just want to see two top class creative players operate in tandem. It's been a while and I for sure am looking forward to it.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Hope we retain Pogba.

Of all the summers, think this may be the first summer we are going in with a plan. We now know how we want to play and we are now searching for the right players rather than getting players and then decide how we play.

No big fan of Ole as a manager, but Credit where its due. He deserves huge credit

AKDevil

yep. Palace were pretty defiant over deals last year re Zaha not getting his move and Leicester really didn’t have to sell.

crossy1686

career ending
Talking about how serious you are in the transfer market and then panic buying at the close of the window is not a good look if you want to stop "mockery".

These kinds of comments should be made once you've secured your top targets, not while they currently play for other clubs...

pacifictheme

Hope we retain Pogba.

Of all the summers, think this may be the first summer we are going in with a plan. We now know how we want to play and we are now searching for the right players rather than getting players and then decide how we play.

No big fan of Ole as a manager, but Credit where its due. He deserves huge credit
I think we had one last summer. Awb and maguire were targets and we got them. Dan James too. Only question mark is fernandes.

Edit: and I agree. Ole has done a good job of reshaping the squad so far. Performances have been inconsistent but the squad is very much in transition. If we get our summer targets then there will be no place for him to hide in terms of results.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I think we had one last summer. Awb and maguire were targets and we got them. Dan James too. Only question mark is fernandes.

Edit: and I agree. Ole has done a good job of reshaping the squad so far. Performances have been inconsistent but the squad is very much in transition. If we get our summer targets then there will be no place for him to hide in terms of results.
Not sure we knew exactly how we wanted to play and what we needed last summer

SATA

Why must Sancho want CL football and not want to come if we don’t? Why not challenge himself and be the one to bring us back up on top? If he doesn’t want United because we do not have CL football, then feck him

romufc

Why must Sancho want CL football and not want to come if we don’t? Why not challenge himself and be the one to bring us back up on top? If he doesn’t want United because we do not have CL football, then feck him
I would agree with this. You can be in the CL but if you are playing in it and not competing then wouldn't you want to play for a team and get them ready to compete for the title rather than just being a team that gets to round of 16 or quarter final?

Even if we don't, and he thinks this team is going places, he should be thinking if I join them, then I can improve this team.

Josep Dowling

How old was James and McTominay?

Greenwood is 18 and so is Williams.

They play on the wings not CM. Why would you spend £30m on a 16 year old when we have Mejbri and Garner?
Because they might see more potential in Bellingham. With all the hype on Garner he hasn’t exactly excelled when given minutes in the first team. Mejbri I have been told looks well above his age group but there is no guarantee he can do it in the first team, just look at Chong. Bellingham is performing at a Championship level and looks good enough. That’s the difference.

romufc

Because they might see more potential in Bellingham. With all the hype on Garner he hasn’t exactly excelled when given minutes in the first team. Mejbri I have been told looks well above his age group but there is no guarantee he can do it in the first team, just look at Chong. Bellingham is performing at a Championship level and looks good enough. That’s the difference.
I agree but Garner has not been given enough chances IMO. He should have been sent on loan in January.

Mejbri needs to go on loan next season too.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Bellingham hasn’t really ‘performed ‘ at that level. He’s got a lot of potential but in the games I’ve watched, he’s also been inconsistent and naturally very raw. There’s no way he’d oust any of our forwards right now.

Garner hasn’t been hyped up either, he’s a player we think could make the leap and is Performing at a similar level. Utd just feel he needs more time and physical maturity before he can establish himself in the first team.

Alabaster Codify7

Why are people currently fine with the possibility of signing Ighalo? He's proven nothing so far! He's scored one goal, pushing 30 and isn't exactly a top-drawer striker in general - surely we can do better than that in the summer? If he springs into life, fine, I'll take it back but why are some posters naming him on current form as a summer signing?! Because he supports United? Christ almighty.

If we were to sign Sancho and Grealish, wow, that'd be a quality summer with a CDM as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.