Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judas

Open to offers
I wouldn't say I'm happy to stick with Ighalo, it's just his arrival has shown to me how much we desperately could do with a proper striker like him. Maybe not actually him though.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Be interesting to see if Dortmund are ridiculed for spending £30m on a 16 year old, as we were.

It'll also be interesting if the same people who were having a go at the club on here for going after him at that price will also have a go at the club for 'missing out' on him.
Since Dortmund aren't an English club and thus out of reach of PL's transfer tribunals and as the player is still under a youth contract the compensation for Birmingham will be much less than what United supposedly would have had to pay.

Nick7

Why are people currently fine with the possibility of signing Ighalo? He's proven nothing so far! He's scored one goal, pushing 30 and isn't exactly a top-drawer striker in general - surely we can do better than that in the summer? If he springs into life, fine, I'll take it back but why are some posters naming him on current form as a summer signing?! Because he supports United? Christ almighty.

If we were to sign Sancho and Grealish, wow, that'd be a quality summer with a CDM as well.
If he was cheap he'd be a great third option. Don't see the problem with that. We desperately need a striker for next season.

Josep Dowling

Sign Jadon and Jack. Extend Matic’s contract with a year. Sign Ighalo. Sell Pogba.

Done.
Ighalo was a stop gap when there are no other options on the market. He clearly isn't good enough long term. He's missed two sitters already. We should be looking for better options to bench Martial.

HackeyC

Ighalo was a stop gap when there are no other options on the market. He clearly isn't good enough long term. He's missed two sitters already. We should be looking for better options to bench Martial.
If you are referring to the Everton chance as a sitter I think you're being harsh, Pickford for all his faults pulled off an incredible save for that one.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Why are people currently fine with the possibility of signing Ighalo? He's proven nothing so far! He's scored one goal, pushing 30 and isn't exactly a top-drawer striker in general - surely we can do better than that in the summer? If he springs into life, fine, I'll take it back but why are some posters naming him on current form as a summer signing?! Because he supports United? Christ almighty.

If we were to sign Sancho and Grealish, wow, that'd be a quality summer with a CDM as well.
Because he'd be a decent back up striker, which is what we need.

Pep's Suit

Even if Sane wants to join Bayern they still have to agree the deal with City. Last summer they only offered £60-70m so now after a bad injury and with just one year left on his contract... What Bayern offer? £30m? £40m?

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Thought he was basically confirmed at Dortmund, would take him at United no doubt and keeps that youth rebuild ticking over

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Thought he was basically confirmed at Dortmund, would take him at United no doubt and keeps that youth rebuild ticking over
German media may have jumped the gun on this one. I'm hoping they have..

Thepinhead

I think it is pretty normal to go visit those clubs that have an interest in you and then see what they have to offer you. Might just be what they are doing and then make a decision after.

Status
Not open for further replies.