Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Solskjær: "We can't just react in May and then say 'we need to do something'. But then there's suddenly players who become available to sign, so you still have to be ready for something to happen quickly." [tv2]

Dante

Average bang
Proof that Ole is a Fergie-style manager: a coach and DoF rolled into one.

If Ole were to leave the manager role, I think his transfer philosophy has shown he's got the right ideas to become the de facto DoF.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Proof that Ole is a Fergie-style manager: a coach and DoF rolled into one.

If Ole were to leave the manager role, I think his transfer philosophy has shown he's got the right ideas to become the de facto DoF.
It's definitely music to my ears but the problem arises if he's relieved of his duties somewhere down the line in the near future. So it actually makes sense for us to have a Sporting Director who works closely with the Head Coach for stability and long-term planning.

Devil may care

Camavinga would be a fantastic signing.
Yep, and I would look at him as one of those signing we jump on if we get the chance as opposed to being one of the three Ole wants, as while he's very talented we need to allow a season for him to settle in at least and the mdifield needs an addition that is ready to go now as well, by the following season Matic can move on and Camavinga solidifies himself as 1 of the main 4 CM's we have.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Yep, and I would look at him as one of those signing we jump on if we get the chance as opposed to being one of the three Ole wants, as while he's very talented we need to allow a season for him to settle in at least and the mdifield needs an addition that is ready to go now as well, by the following season Matic can move on and Camavinga solidifies himself as 1 of the main 4 CM's we have.
He would be a fantastic pick up if we can persuade him to join us. Real Madrid were rumoured to be in for him not long ago.

Devil may care

He would be a fantastic pick up if we can persuade him to join us. Real Madrid were rumoured to be in for him not long ago.
Yeah I saw that, didn't Rennes sack one of their higher ups for talking to Real about a deal? Usually I'd say Real would trump us and they probably will, but right now I think we are starting to look a more attractive prospect for young players who want to get real game time and who's fanbase will give them more time than you get at most top clubs.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Yeah I saw that, didn't Rennes sack one of their higher ups for talking to Real about a deal? Usually I'd say Real would trump us and they probably will, but right now I think we are starting to look a more attractive prospect for young players who want to get real game time and who's fanbase will give them more time than you get at most top clubs.
Someone was reported to be sacked after sanctioning Camavinga's move to Real Madrid. But it would be quite a coup if we're able to sign him.

stu_1992

Someone was reported to be sacked after sanctioning Camavinga's move to Real Madrid. But it would be quite a coup if we're able to sign him.
It was their President. He was holding talks with Madrid regarding a without the prior approval or knowledge of the rest of the board. And so he was ousted. To me though, it still feels likely he'll end up there eventually. Reminds me of when Liverpool were caught talking to Van Dijk and had to back off. Everyone knew they'd come back in and get it done however.

kidbob

He'd actually be a great signing for any club of that level at that price. I know he's a joke here but honestly while he hasn't hit the level needed for us he'd be the best player at a lot of the lower clubs where every little error isn't a problem. Main thing would be if he can stay fit.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
I would be interested in seeing Jones getting good game time at another PL club. Those players also seem to magically stay fit as well.

This would allows us to recall Smalling as well, if we think he'll be useful.

I would be interested in seeing Jones getting good game time at another PL club. Those players also seem to magically stay fit as well.

This would allows us to recall Smalling as well, if we think he'll be useful.
I don't think Smalling wants to comeback tbh. We should look at bringing in some fresh meat anyway, we need to move on from Smalling and Jones.

-Supreme-

I don't think Smalling wants to comeback tbh. We should look at bringing in some fresh meat anyway, we need to move on from Smalling and Jones.
Couldn't agree more. De Gea is likely to be the only player left from the current squad that was also part of SAF team, but I think he should be moved on as well

Teja

I wonder what the three positions he's thinking of.

RW definitely, I think another CB because noone's really super convinced by Lindelof, Maybe a striker? Don't think he really believes in Martial as a #9.

----------------------- DDG ------------------------
--- AwB -- CB --- Maguire --- Shaw ----
-------------- Pogba ----- McTominay -----
--- Sancho ------ Bruno ---- Rashford --
----------------------- Haaland ------------------

That's got to be good enough to challenge for the title.

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
Sounds about right to me, still hope we move for Camavinga if the option is there.
Oooh, I wonder who? For me it would be Sancho, Ighalo and Bellingham if Ole is including Ighalo as one of the three. Assuming that Pogba goes nowhere this summer we would be stacked and pretty darn close to a squad that could challenge for the title. We would have quality and depth. My starting 11 would be:

--------------------------DDG------------------------
AWB-----Lindelof--------Maguire-----Shaw

-------Bruno---------Fred----------Pogba--

____Sancho-----------Martial--------Rashford

Attacking lineup to say the least but what a team that is. With the likes of Ighalo, Greenwood, McT, Bellingham and Bailly on the bench we'd have plenty of options to tweak the lineup if necessary.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
This is probably true but given we seem to have a ceiling of three transfers a (summer) window, I'd prefer if we focus on midfield and right wing.

This is probably true but given we seem to have a ceiling of three transfers a (summer) window, I'd prefer if we focus on midfield and right wing.
I agree, i think a CB can wait till either Jan or next summer. It depends on the budget and what CB we're looking at.

Devil may care

Oooh, I wonder who? For me it would be Sancho, Ighalo and Bellingham if Ole is including Ighalo as one of the three. Assuming that Pogba goes nowhere this summer we would be stacked and pretty darn close to a squad that could challenge for the title. We would have quality and depth. My starting 11 would be:

--------------------------DDG------------------------
AWB-----Lindelof--------Maguire-----Shaw

-------Bruno---------Fred----------Pogba--

____Sancho-----------Martial--------Rashford

Attacking lineup to say the least but what a team that is. With the likes of Ighalo, Greenwood, McT, Bellingham and Bailly on the bench we'd have plenty of options to tweak the lineup if necessary.
I think Bellingham has to be counted as a seperate special case deal as given his age I doubt he'd come straight into the first team, in fact I could see him on loan, and Igalho needs to do more before he's considered IMO and even if we do sign him it should only be for £5M-£10M at most, so again an extra addition to the main signings. To me if Pogba stays the signing of a proper DM is imperative as neither Fred or McTominay are DM's.

Status
Not open for further replies.