Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

RUCK4444

Don't worry everyone, if there is lower league transfer activity to report on, I won't let the Caf down!

The lower leagues need our support now more than ever. We're all in this together.
i wasn't worried... I mean I REALLY wasn't worried about missing out on your transfer updates bud :p

In fairness this may be the one silver cloud to this whole terrible situation.

Only joking, you keep doing your thing man!

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Funny that Poch gets hailed on here to be one of the 5 best managers in the World yet most of the top teams around Europa don't seem to want him.
Or he isn't available.... It doesn't say that don't want him

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Isn't that the guy they signed a year in advance and the Cafe were tearing their hair out & rending their shirts because we never brought him?
Yep. But to be fair, this have never happened before. It's a first one for the caf.

iHicksy

More likely he's already been contacted and taken a position (Jose was aware he was going to spurs months before Poch was sacked) or he's been asked by certain clubs to wait until the summer as a post might open up. He'll be in no rush to take charge of a lesser club when he knows he could be taking charge of Madrid, Juve or maybe even us.

Fridge chutney

:lol: why would anyone believe we would sell Martial based on a random Sports Witness tweet referencing calciomercato?

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Im not sure how much transfer activity there will be this summer. Clubs are going to suffer a significant hit to revenue and I am not sure prices will adjust downwards as they need to. There are going to be big disparities between means and valuations. On the other hand, the cost of borrowing money will be at an all time low. So it’s hard to judge.

I think big deals will be the hardest to complete. Clubs looking to cash in on their biggest assets will be better off waiting until 2021 to ensure there is more liquidity in the market.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
That's so weird, I thought he was doing pretty good. And it's not like ten Haag is running away with the title himself — he's on points with AZ.
Everything considered Favre is doing a good job at Dortmund. His first season came after the disastrous Bosz/Stöger year and was supposed to be a year lost on rebuilding, yet he played a terrific first half, leading Bayern by a fair amount of points and winning his CL group ahead of Atletico. This season he at least made it out of a group of death with Barca, a rejuvenated Inter and a suprisingly very competitive Prague in the league he's reasonably close to Bayern again as well.

But the other side of the coin is that Dortmund squandered a ten point lead on Bayern in his first season, dropping most of those points against lesser teams. In general the team loses half its worth away from home (30 from 12 at home - ahead a point of Bayern with a game in hand; 21 from 13 away from home, trailing Bayern by five points, having played a game more), beating Bayern at home, getting trashed away, beating Inter, PSG (and Barca too, if it wasn't for a missed penalty) at home, getting outclassed on the road. Last season it was 44 points at home, 32 away and a similar story in the CL.

Bottom line he is delivering what can reasonably be expected at Dortmund (aside from the domestic cup runs), but he doesn't inspire any confidence in going beyond that, so he will get an "honourable discharge" in the summer and they will try their luck with someone else.

Ten Hag plays ballsy football and delivered a glorious CL run with a young team, perhaps even gives better access to Ajax' academy and he already worked a couple of years in Germany. I don't know how much truth there is to the supposed interest from Dortmund, but it wouldn't surprise me one bit.
Especially since the domestic alternatives are rather thin. Klopp and Tuchel aren't exactly realistic candidates, Nagelsmann is tied down at Leipzig, Rose won't be allowed to leave Gladbach after one season and I'm not sure he'd be a great fit either, Kohfeldt showed a lot of promise at Werder, but he is about to get relegated with them, which probably cooled Dortmund's interest in him.

Last edited:

Art Vandelay

:lol: why would anyone believe we would sell Martial based on a random Sports Witness tweet referencing calciomercato?
To be fair not everyone rates him that highly. If we got the figures quoted and had a replacement lined up then I would be happy to get rid. He's massively overpaid for what he offers. Only if we do have an actual replacement though. Unless Ole thinks Ighalo and Greenwood is good enough for next season, which would be a bit mental really.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
More likely he's already been contacted and taken a position (Jose was aware he was going to spurs months before Poch was sacked) or he's been asked by certain clubs to wait until the summer as a post might open up. He'll be in no rush to take charge of a lesser club when he knows he could be taking charge of Madrid, Juve or maybe even us.
The CAF never ceases to surprise me

Ole needs to do better! Until he does better, and consistently & there’s improvement, if not Get Poch in!

*Ole proceeds to go on an 10+ unbeaten streak & the signs are clearly there*

Yeah. But. I still want Poch y’know...because erm....I’m still not convinced, he hasn’t done x, y or Z yet, erm, yes, still want Poch

haahhahahahahh

Status
Not open for further replies.