Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil may care

His versatility would make him a good squad replacement for Pereira and Lingard.

Have we actually been linked with him before? That's encouraging though.
I recall us being linked with him previously and he certainly fits the bill for the type of midfielder we lack and the age bracket we seem to be targeting.

Edit. Probably skyped all round :lol:
Ed and Raiola should be ok, the coronavirus wont want to be infected by them.

Alabaster Codify7

His versatility would make him a good squad replacement for Pereira and Lingard.

I recall us being linked with him previously and he certainly fits the bill for the type of midfielder we lack and the age bracket we seem to be targeting.

Ed and Raiola should be ok, the coronavirus wont want to be infected by them.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. Personally, looking at our spending for the past couple of summer windows, I'm 100% convinced Bruno's fee came out of this summer's budget.
I still see us targeting two midfielders this summer, though, from the Pogba money - a CDM and a versatile option that might be a starter or might be a backup, depending on form. VDB would fit the bill for that as would someone like Soumare, neither would be gigantic fees and either might displace Fred/Scott or be solid backup.

Reynoldo

In case anyone misreads that like I did. Its says we are willing to pay ten times (85m) what the player cost them (they bought him for 8.5m) not ten times what the players costs in todays market which is how I originally read it and which would be 850m :lol:

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
We have been scouting him for years apparently. Most scouting folk (statman Dave etc) reckon hes almost ready for the Prem as hes been much better when being pressed. Only seen Brescia once this year so have no idea personally.
That’s probably one more than Statman Dave has.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
He is class - really does remind me of Pirlo. Can't see it happening as I don't think he'll go abroad but would be a fantastic signing if we could make it happen. Think he'll go to Juve.
How does he remind you of Pirlo? Physically? Because of the hair? Because they are nothing alike on the pitch. Like nothing, nothing aside from the basics.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
In case anyone misreads that like I did. Its says we are willing to pay ten times (85m) what the player cost them (they bought him for 8.5m) not ten times what the players costs in todays market which is how I originally read it and which would be 850m :lol:
Don't worry, the British gutter press will make sure to nore we paid 1 billion for him if we do sign him.

Koulibaly = CoolBillionBaby

Judas

Open to offers
Spaffing that sort of money on a defender would only be acceptable if we spend brilliantly in the other areas where we desperately need reinforcements. I think it's all a load of rubbish anyway.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Spaffing that sort of money on a defender would only be acceptable if we spend brilliantly in the other areas where we desperately need reinforcements. I think it's all a load of rubbish anyway.
Yeah pretty much this.
A right winger is a priority and another central midfielder if Pogba leaves. Ighalo if made permanent could ensure us enough firepower alongside Rashford and Martial I suppose.

Sanche7

While I do think we need a better CB than Lindelof to partner Maguire, we have bigger concerns right now. And even if we are planning on buying a CB, we should focus on young CBs like Tah, Upamecano, Konate etc

jamesjimmybyrondean

While I do think we need a better CB than Lindelof to partner Maguire, we have bigger concerns right now. And even if we are planning on buying a CB, we should focus on young CBs like Tah, Upamecano, Konate etc
I agree but do we even have a choice? I mean apart from Koulibaly is there any world class CB that will be available in the summer?

Sanche7

I agree but do we even have a choice? I mean apart from Koulibaly is there any world class CB that will be available in the summer?
I've not seen Koulibaly play for some time now but from what I've read, he's not as good as he used to be. So I wouldn't call him world class, but maybe I'm wrong.
We don't really need a world class CB IMO because Our FBs are very good defensively and if we can add a good DM like Partey or Zakaria, we should be more than fine defensively. But if Upamecano or Konate become available for reasonable price, I wouldn't be against us buying a CB.

I really hope we buy up all these great young players like Upamecano, Konate, Zakaria, Sancho, Grealish, Bellingham. I know we can't buy them all but if we can get one of Upamecano or Konate plus Sancho and Zakaria, we will have a very talented squad. Grealish or/& Bellingham would be the icing on the cake. And if we invest in those players, we won't have to invest much for a few years

Last edited:

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
And end up with a Sanchez type situation again? I rather hope that we keep Ighalo and not go for any of the players who want one large final payday.
How exactly is Cavani a Sanchez like signing when I said, Ighalo will cost us more ?

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Oh okay. So I guess he himself saying he's like a combination of Pirlo and Gattuso is wide of the mark. What would he know.
That applies to every footballer alive. It does not mean much until you watch him during games. He's closer to Gattuso than Pirlo.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
That applies to every footballer alive. It does not mean much until you watch him during games. He's closer to Gattuso than Pirlo.
So you know more than the player himself :lol:

Rick88

How exactly is Cavani a Sanchez like signing when I said, Ighalo will cost us more ?
Cavani wages: 250/275,000 per week. A two year contract would be almost 24 to 26 million.
Ighalo: 125,000 per week. A two year contract plus transfer fee of 15 million (could go down to 12 million too) would end up costing almost the same as Cavani.

So not sure how getting Cavani would be way cheaper than ighalo. I would much rather have a motivated player who wants to be here because he feels it's an honour to play for the club than someone who is looking for one large final payout.

Amarsdd

Cavani wages: 250/275,000 per week. A two year contract would be almost 24 to 26 million.
Ighalo: 125,000 per week. A two year contract plus transfer fee of 15 million (could go down to 12 million too) would end up costing almost the same as Cavani.

So not sure how getting Cavani would be way cheaper than ighalo. I would much rather have a motivated player who wants to be here because he feels it's an honour to play for the club than someone who is looking for one large final payout.
Where did you get those numbers? I'm pretty sure he's already over 300k+, and as he'll be signing on free, he would expect a decent bump on that salary.
Anyway I don't care much about their salaries but like you said I'd much rather have a player who wants to be here rather than one looking for a large pay package and Ighalo fits the happy and motivated squad player role much better.

Rick88

Where did you get those numbers? I'm pretty sure he's already over 300k+, and as he'll be signing on free, he would expect a decent bump on that salary.
Anyway I don't care much about their salaries but like you said I'd much rather have a player who wants to be here rather than one looking for a large pay package and Ighalo fits the happy and motivated squad player role much better.
I reduced the figures as I thought I'd be attacked for bumping it up to suit my agenda or something. Even after reducing it, I could kind of, put my point across and make it logically sound.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Am I alone in being not excited about this. Seems like a lot of money for a position that we have a lot of options in already. Could use a midfielder, winger and striker more. Good player though.
Not alone, the cost for him is bonkers. That being said I would like to see lindelof replaced either internally or externally

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I've not seen Koulibaly play for some time now but from what I've read, he's not as good as he used to be. So I wouldn't call him world class, but maybe I'm wrong.
We don't really need a world class CB IMO because Our FBs are very good defensively and if we can add a good DM like Partey or Zakaria, we should be more than fine defensively. But if Upamecano or Konate become available for reasonable price, I wouldn't be against us buying a CB.

I really hope we buy up all these great young players like Upamecano, Konate, Zakaria, Sancho, Grealish, Bellingham. I know we can't buy them all but if we can get one of Upamecano or Konate plus Sancho and Zakaria, we will have a very talented squad. Grealish or/& Bellingham would be the icing on the cake. And if we invest in those players, we won't have to invest much for a few years
Same line of thinking as you, those hungry players, at the right age could elevate our level again

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
So you know more than the player himself :lol:
If he says he is like Pirlo, then yes, definitely. He might be influenced by him, but watching him play gives a different idea entirely. I also don't think he'll reach that level. He's a West Ham level of talent at the moment.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Past it, would be bought because of his name rather than current form/ability, massive wages and sign on fee, no sense that he'd actually want to play for the badge rather than the money. Just like Sanchez.

Versus a guy who loves United as much as we do from what we can tell and has done a more than decent job since he joined.

croadyman

Past it, would be bought because of his name rather than current form/ability, massive wages and sign on fee, no sense that he'd actually want to play for the badge rather than the money. Just like Sanchez.

Versus a guy who loves United as much as we do from what we can tell and has done a more than decent job since he joined.
Yeah would rather have the guy who loves the club than a mercenary. Mind you that is an eye watering £400k a week offer he has from Shanghai shenhua.

Andy_Cole

Seems like media are linking us with Players in the ilk of our pre Ole targets. We have been sticking to a new way of scouting. We won’t be interested in Ramsey and Cavani.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
What's the point of transfer tweets in the middle of a global pandemic other than to drive a few clicks for unreliable journalists/papers?
Because this is literally their job. The alterantive is that they do not work, sit at home and twiddle their thumbs while collecting unemployment benefits. Or, alternatively they can work and collect their paychecks. Society has not stopped, we are all just adapting to a new temporary situation. There is ENORMOUS focus on the pandemic everywhere already, as it should be. However, life has not stopped, we are all still going to work, although most of us are doing so in a shirt and underwear for those Teams meetings. I completed a conference call over skype with a manufacturer in China early this morning in a shirt, tie and underwear. Life is alright.

That being said, if we are even considering Aarson Ramsey, I'm going to throw a hissyfit on the internet, that'll show the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.