Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavl3n

While hopefully true and we can some how benefit from this horrible situation, I'm not confident it will help out ability to offload the likes of:

Rojo
Jones,
Smalling,
Pereira
Lingard
add Sanchez to the list

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
I think the idea will be to develop McTominay and Fred into that holding midfielder to be honest, and it does make a bit of sense. Against lower sides Pogba-Bruno+1 should work, and against the top sides you could shuffle it to bring in the extra midfielder and make it more solid.

We also have a lot of youth that should be knocking on the door within 2-3 years
Exactly how I was thinking, can't see us buying in a Saul, Partey or specific DM. Personally, I can see McTominay initially being coached in a slightly more defensive role, as he can win defensive headers, and does cover back when players break into our box (something I've criticised Matic for over the past couple of seasons, but he seems more motivated these days), but he will always have the ability to break forward quickly. Fred, to me, is more like a Nicky Butt type of player, has abilities on the ball, but has a great engine, and will put opponents under pressure the whole game, and, despite his showing so far, has a great shot on him. Out of all the players who have been linked with us recently (36 at last count in past two weeks), I can only see Sancho and Bellingham coming. Like P-nut, I can see some of our academy prospects coming through in the next couple of years. Players like Gomes, Garner, Levitt, Galbraith, Chong, Laird, Mejbri, Mengi all look good, not all will make it with United, but hopefully three or four might come through. I think Ighalo will stay, and then in a couple of years, try for Haaland.

Pavl3n

It’s going to be exciting. Clubs need cash, but we don’t need everyone. We got options. We could do some serious business this summer.
I think market will get deflated. No more price tags in the range of 150m for the flavour of the month type of players.

Infra-red

It’s going to be exciting. Clubs need cash, but we don’t need everyone. We got options. We could do some serious business this summer.
I'm expecting a quiet summer. The big clubs will be conservative in their approach, given the uncertainty that surrounds the viability of football for the next 18 months or so.

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
Reports on SSN that there could only be 3 clubs that are actually in a position to spend in the next transfer window - us being one of them. If that's the case then surely there will be a massive reduction in transfer fees. Could we really be about to see an end to the mega transfers? If this information proves to be true, what do we reckon the going price would be for Sancho or Grealish or any other summer targets for that matter? i'm gonna say 70m for Sancho, 40m for Grealish.

cyberman

Reports on SSN that there could only be 3 clubs that are actually in a position to spend in the next transfer window - us being one of them. If that's the case then surely there will be a massive reduction in transfer fees. Could we really be about to see an end to the mega transfers? If this information proves to be true, what do we reckon the going price would be for Sancho or Grealish or any other summer targets for that matter? i'm gonna say 70m for Sancho, 40m for Grealish.
Theyll try and use us as the last chance to get out of a hole or keep their player and hope it picks up next summer.
Being the only club with money isnt worth that much if we have to buy at higher prices

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
United, City, and Pool?

Moiraine

Why not spend on three four players and leap ahead of rivals, just like we did after 2006-07 title.
Hargreaves, Nani, Anderson and Tevez... what a transfer window that was, and we had already secured Vidic and Evra before that who were settled by then.

Plus what a dynamic display in midfield Anderson had in first season, kept fabrigas in his pocket, i used to love his driving runs from midfield.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Theyll try and use us as the last chance to get out of a hole or keep their player and hope it picks up next summer.
Being the only club with money isnt worth that much if we have to buy at higher prices
There are players out there who are ready to move and their clubs would have hoped for some form of competition too - like Sancho as a prime example. I wonder if Bellingham's 30m fee is now seen as too high for Dortmund too, Villa would want the best price they can get for Grealish too.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Be interesting to know how the lockdown has affected the Glazers, if it has

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Be interesting to know how the lockdown has affected the Glazers, if it has
The Glazers, from what I can remember, are big owners of strip mall real estate in the States. Strip malls were already suffering pre-covid19, but they've been absolutely hammered since with something like only 37% of tenants able to pay rent. I am not sure what percentage of their holdings account for this.

Edit: First Allied is where they built their fortune, and that is all strip malls and shopping malls. Bad business to be in in general, especially so now. They obviously also own the Tampa Bay Bucs, and United.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
3 players would be brilliant as far as I'm concerned..

Last edited:

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
As we seem to be moving in the right direction, signing wise, I'd also be happy with 3.... 4 if we sold Pogba
Sancho, Zakaria and a Igahlo

I'd love to see a CB come in, while moving on Jones, Smalling and Rojo to be honest.
I'd be happy to see Igahlo signed permanently as to be honest, I just don't see any top strikers available.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Would you count Ighalo as a player ‘coming in’?

I would see it more of a conversion from a loan to a permanent move.

I would see Sancho / Ighalo / Bellingham / a DM
Whilst the talk of us being able to be financially big players in any upcoming transfer window is exciting I still don't see much expenditure beyond the 100m+ for Sancho which to me at least rules out a big name CM like Partey or Saul

If Pogba were to leave that would change things but only in terms of replacing him with a Grealish or Maddison

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Would you count Ighalo as a player ‘coming in’?

I would see it more of a conversion from a loan to a permanent move.

I would see Sancho / Ighalo / Bellingham / a DM
I have to agree with the poster about Ighalo is part of it. The permanent move requires a transfer fees & negotiation. It's requires process step by step not just something like Kovacic where Chelsea set a buy clause on it and actived it right away because their case was something they already prepared when they made the loan deal.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if it'll be only Sancho & Ighalo only. We'll make excuse that we won't make the 3rd one due to run out of time. Sancho alone with Pogba stays & Ighalo move to be permanent is considered as upgrade in our squad, should be good enough to make the top 4 comfortably.

croadyman

I have to agree with the poster about Ighalo is part of it. The permanent move requires a transfer fees & negotiation. It's requires process step by step not just something like Kovacic where Chelsea set a buy clause on it and actived it right away because their case was something they already prepared when they made the loan deal.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if it'll be only Sancho & Ighalo only. We'll make excuse that we won't make the 3rd one due to run out of time. Sancho alone with Pogba stays & Ighalo move to be permanent is considered as upgrade in our squad, should be good enough to make the top 4 comfortably.
Yeah would be happy with that summer,after all Jadon is the top priority transfer for this window

ATXRedDevil

I know I'm not a high level athlete, but I did mine about 1 year ago and I'm 8 months post-op now, and I can't walk properly. It's a miracle that they can even rebuild it with tendons, but it's just not the same.

He relies on his speed. That could be a bit issue.
Damn... I did my acl, lcl, partial pcl and partial mcl. Tore or partially tore every ligament in my left knee. Doc said it was like a high speed car wreck injury (from football). Surgery on the acl (the lcl, like mcl injuries, heal without surgery) and I was totally fine (for every day movement, jogging, etc) less than six months after surgery. Surgery was a breeze after the destruction that was the injury itself and the months of excruciating pain (with that torn lcl, any lateral movement was excruciating). I was walking a week after acl surgery.

Adrian Peterson was a freak of an NFL RB and tore his ACL and MCL in December of 2012. Insanely fast at his size. He almost broke the single season NFL rushing record the next year, including breaking numerous long runs and displaying the same explosive speed.

All this is to say, I think your ortho did a terrible job If you’re still walking awkwardly, or you didn’t do physical therapy (properly or at all). I went three times a week before and after my surgery. Hope it gets better for you.

Sane has no doubt been operated on by a world class ortho And has had a thorough PT regimen. He’s worth every penny of £70m even after the injury.

Sanche7

I think the incoming transfers will depend on the players we sell
Right now it looks like the three players expected to come in are Sancho, Ighalo and Bellingham /DM. But if we are able to sell players like Lingz, Pereira, Jones, Rojo, Smalling, Sanchez I can see us bringing in a CM & CB.

United Pro

I don't believe we've ever spent over £150m on initial transfer fees in a single window, so I suspect that won't change this summer either unless Pogba leaves. So, if Pogba were to stay and Sancho is one of the incoming players, we'd have about £30-40m max for other players, so I can't see any other big name players coming in.

cyberman

Its a year to early to buy Kane with this 200m nonsense. Wait for a year until clubs wake the feck up about the collapsed transfer market and go fron there.
Even Dortmund are taking the piss.

Alabaster Codify7

If those three are top players, great.

If it's Sancho, Bellingham and a 20yr old GK with Pogba leaving, we'll still struggle to make top 4 next season.

Adamsk7

Three players would be great. I’d happily take Sancho, Bellingham and Grealish and call it a day. That’s assuming Pogba stays, we sign Ighalo permanently and the question marks over Grealish’s behaviour are alleviated so lots of ifs there.

I don’t think we necessarily NEED a DM or a Centre back. We’d all like to improve on Matic and Lindelof but I honestly think they are fine in a squad that also has Bailly and Tuanzebe, McTominay and Fred. Sancho, Grealish and even Bellingham (for 17) are all X factor players and IMO would improve our attack to such an extent that our DMs and Defence won’t be as pressured as they are now.

RedDevilRoshi

3 players would be brilliant as far as I'm concerned..

Agree. I reckon we will keep Pogba and sign Sancho, Bellingham & Ighalo. I would like a DM (Partey or Zakaria) and another CB (Konate or Umpecano) but don’t see it happening.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
I see we're being linked with Felix from Atletico, and Sameda, a right back from Barca? Why would Atletico sell him, and why would we buy him if we're (hopefully) gonna get Sancho. A right back, when we have AWB, Dalot and Laird, who I rate highly, so much so that I can see United selling Dalot perhaps in 2021. Media is so full of crap. That's over 40 players we're linked with in the past fortnight, ridiculous.

RUCK4444

A priority, for me at least, is to retain Pogba. This team is taking shape and finally starting to look like a balanced, young, cohesive unit. Now is the time to see the best of Pogba.

We need to retain our world class players, not sell them, if we are to return to the top.

My Ideal would be to retain Pogba. Sign: Sancho, Kane, Bellingham (won't get both Sancho and Kane in the same window but I believe this is the best opportunity to get each of them.)

kirk buttercup

I see we're being linked with Felix from Atletico, and Sameda, a right back from Barca? Why would Atletico sell him, and why would we buy him if we're (hopefully) gonna get Sancho. A right back, when we have AWB, Dalot and Laird, who I rate highly, so much so that I can see United selling Dalot perhaps in 2021. Media is so full of crap. That's over 40 players we're linked with in the past fortnight, ridiculous.
Talks could go on about Felix if Sancho falls through it's a very good second option . Why would Athleti sell ? Money. Alot of clubs will find it hard to stay competitive financially when all this is over. It appears United are in a stronger position than most bigger clubs . We are always linked with everyone so until I see something more substantial I dont get too excited, I treat it like a lotto ticket , I know I'm not going to win the jackpot , but it is nice to think about what it would be like to win it , I do the same thinking it would be great to get Sancho , Felix etc. Enjoy the Ride and what will be will be .

RUCK4444

Talks could go on about Felix if Sancho falls through it's a very good second option . Why would Athleti sell ? Money. Alot of clubs will find it hard to stay competitive financially when all this is over. It appears United are in a stronger position than most bigger clubs . We are always linked with everyone so until I see something more substantial I dont get too excited, I treat it like a lotto ticket , I know I'm not going to win the jackpot , but it is nice to think about what it would be like to win it , I do the same thinking it would be great to get Sancho , Felix etc. Enjoy the Ride and what will be will be .
This is what I've been saying since the league was postponed. THIS is THE window that we can take a big step to bridging the gap to the clubs above us in my opinion.

I mean what's stopping us even bending the rules of FFP in order to get the players we need over the line while we have the opportunity in a market where we will have the least possible competition for said players? FFP is going to be relaxed anyway in the aftermath of this.

I want to see the board go balls out and make a real statement of intent in this window. Turn a negative into a positive for the club and start putting the final pieces together in this squad.

I just feel it makes sense to make the most of this window and the potential opportunities it presents United.

croadyman

A priority, for me at least, is to retain Pogba. This team is taking shape and finally starting to look like a balanced, young, cohesive unit. Now is the time to see the best of Pogba.

We need to retain our world class players, not sell them, if we are to return to the top.

My Ideal would be to retain Pogba. Sign: Sancho, Kane, Bellingham (won't get both Sancho and Kane in the same window but I believe this is the best opportunity to get each of them.)
My two main worries about Kane are the regular injuries he has picked up in the last few seasons and of course the hefty price tag, personally I would prioritise the Sancho deal this summer and look again in summer 2021 at whether Kane is still looking to move on from Spurs.

There is of course now the small matter of a major international tournament that he would want to be fully focused on now though to consider as well.

Walters_19_MuFc

It would be nice to get a top class centre back next to Maguire, but Lindelof has done pretty well to date, and Bailly since coming back in, has shown glimpses of class, too. If he can stay injury free (and its a big if) then those two, along with Tuanzebe should probably be enough.

Think the three players, if we do get the mentioned three will be:

Right Winger - Sancho
Striker - Ighalo
Attacking Midfielder - ?

Season after, we should be looking to upgrade the left back and centre back position.

Status
Not open for further replies.