Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cliche Guevara

Whatever, I'm not going to argue about nothing.
I agree with you, it looks like bollocks. HMRC can grant deferrals and possibly decide to withdraw deferrals (not even sure about that).

I don’t know what mechanism there would be to actually fine a business for continuing to trade whilst there was a deferral, however. There are many ways to structure a transfer for example and as for warning a club who’ve been linked with expensive signings? I don’t buy that for a second.

Sensationalist nonsense from the media once again in my view.

Last edited:

Adnan

Talent Spotter
€85m including add ons paid over 5 years? Lille did a similar deal with Arsenal for Nicholas Pepe..

vanderpants

I just can't see many clubs doing business at the moment due to the current circumstances and the financial uncertainty

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
He's a huge talent.
Pretty sure Pepe was touted so a huge talent last year, and Lille were basically whoring him out all summer with only Arsenal as the takers, which says alot.

Dount Liverpool would fancy paying that much for a 1 in 2 striker who may flop in the EPL.

I also can't see many top teams looking for a striker this summer anyway, they're all pretty stacked and this isn't really the climate to be dropping huge sums on unknowns.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget

MANCHESTER UNITED hope to beat Tottenham to the signing of Sunderland’s young striker Joe Hugill.

United are in touch with the Black Cats about a deal that would see the rangy frontman join them for a six figure fee.
Jose Mourinho’s Spurs were in pole position for Hugill and sent top spy Ian Broomfield to watch him in the last days before lockdown.

But now United are ready to take advantage of the delay and make their move.
Hugill, 16, plays well above his age group and is rated as good as any of his type of forward for his age.

United are looking for emerging talent and have already poached Hugill’s team-mate Logan Pye.
Meanwhile, United have been unable to force through a £30million move for Birmingham City 16-year-old Jude Bellingham, despite Sir Alex Ferguson's intervention.

The midfielder has enjoyed a sensational Championship season so early in his career.

And Chelsea, Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund have also been linked with the hottest English talent outside the top-flight.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
The Sun (banned in the OP) sourcing a story with no quotes from Bleacher Report; about a transfer in the middle a pandemic when football is in lockdown. Seems legit.

Last edited:

cyberman

The whole selling point of Spurs new stadium was the money generated by NFL, hospitality etc.
Its no surprise they will be among the worst hit by this.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The whole selling point of Spurs new stadium was the money generated by NFL, hospitality etc.
Its no surprise they will be among the worst hit by this.
Where is Glaston?
There was a Spurs fan who predicted this but the other Spurs fan ran him out of town. What was his name?

Pep's Suit

Last season Arsenal made £80m from tickets and guess Spurs were hoping to earn as much so what happens when they have to play 1/4 of this season bcd and probably at least 1/2 of next as well? If these clubs had £50-60m to spend before sales then now they have to focus on free agents and loan deals.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
This is exactly the reason why we should go big bang this summer,even if that means less transfers in next couple of years. Other clubs wouldn't have the money to spend and there will be less competition and less money involved.

Hoof the ball

All this craziness with the protracted transfer window and target uncertainty in light of current events makes the timing of our signing of Bruno to be a masterpiece. Imagine if we'd have been banking on haggling with Sporting in the summer?!

RUCK4444

This is exactly the reason why we should go big bang this summer,even if that means less transfers in next couple of years. Other clubs wouldn't have the money to spend and there will be less competition and less money involved.
Bingo, I’ve been saying this for months now.

NOW is THE time for us to flex any muscle we have left as a properly big club and make some real ground back towards challenging.

We have a young squad, let’s finish what work needs doing and hold back from big signings for a few windows after if that’s what it takes to balance the books.

Status
Not open for further replies.