Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Champagne Football

"Siri, show me..... " etc.
Haha Jose. Said Utd didn't match his ambition after giving him 400 million. Every time Spurs lose next season, his sourpuss form will bark into the sky cameras 'We are spending less than a Championsgip club so what do you expect?'

Pavl3n

After all that fuss and now it looks like no one can afford him :houllier: How long until PP comes out with some news about how much he loves the club and wants to stay?
They once again fail to mention that we can extend his contract another year, so the pressure to sell isn't that immediate yet.
Not only that they can't afford his wages, but they won't have the money for his transfer.
Pogba will be here next season, too. And if we've managed to bring Sancho and we carry on playing like we've played the last few games, I can see him signing a new deal.

croadyman

Not only that they can't afford his wages, but they won't have the money for his transfer.
Pogba will be here next season, too. And if we've managed to bring Sancho and we carry on playing like we've played the last few games, I can see him signing a new deal.
Still unsure if we will be able to sign him this summer,the back up options in that position just don't compare.

Pavl3n

Still unsure if we will be able to sign him this summer,the back up options in that position just don't compare.
I assume you're talking about Sancho.
I am also unsure. BVB are financially healthy and aren't in a rush to sell. As Romano said, they want the money and most probably they'll be ready to wait another year before they sell him.
It really depends if we can pay the money they want. If we can raise 40-50m from sales, I think we might have the cash to get him, but that could mean he's our only acquisition next transfer window.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
I assume you're talking about Sancho.
I am also unsure. BVB are financially healthy and aren't in a rush to sell. As Romano said, they want the money and most probably they'll be ready to wait another year before they sell him.
It really depends if we can pay the money they want. If we can raise 40-50m from sales, I think we might have the cash to get him, but that could mean he's our only acquisition next transfer window.
Question is, will the football economy bounce back next year? Just like that? I really struggle to see that there will be EL/CL-football next year. Quite a few clubs will be impacted from that. Not to forget that the impact from the current lockdown probably will last.

And Sancho will be out of contract in 2022. If they wait one year, they run the risk that he decided to wait one more year to get a big sign-on.

friendlytramp

More full of crap than a curry house toilet
————Rashford—Sancho
——————-Fernandes
———--Pogba———-—McT
————————Fred
Williams—Shaw—Maguire—AWB

Rashford————————-—-Sancho
————Pogba———Fernandes
Williams———————-———-—McT
————————Fred
Shaw———————————-—AWB
———————Maguire

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Will be very negligent if we just let Arsenal have a free run at him
Doesn't look to be that much of a free run if we have to pay his release clause. I think he could be a good signing but 2 CB and Auba's replacement is still a big worry if the funds are going to be limited.

Ether

We should be contacting Partey's......party.
Can't let this one get away if he's available.
With Atleti's financial problems, they're looking for swap deals and they're interested in Lacazette apparently so it looks like a deal could be done there.

Pavl3n

Question is, will the football economy bounce back next year? Just like that? I really struggle to see that there will be EL/CL-football next year. Quite a few clubs will be impacted from that. Not to forget that the impact from the current lockdown probably will last.

And Sancho will be out of contract in 2022. If they wait one year, they run the risk that he decided to wait one more year to get a big sign-on.
Who knows about CL/EL. But still I can't imagine the football world restarting without CL/EL. Even if it happens so, the big teams might find that as perfect opportunity to push their super league (or whatever it was called).
With measures across Europe being eased slowly and constant talk of resuming the PL, I think football will restart by end of June. It will definetely be behind closed doors and it might be abroad. And CL/EL will finish some time in July/August.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Doesn't look to be that much of a free run if we have to pay his release clause. I think he could be a good signing but 2 CB and Auba's replacement is still a big worry if the funds are going to be limited.
Think Auba will stay for now, options seem limited with current events. Definitely agree a CB should be big up the priority list. What would be the plan with Partey? Beside Xhaka in a 4231?

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Think Auba will stay for now, options seem limited with current events. Definitely agree a CB should be big up the priority list. What would be the plan with Partey? Beside Xhaka in a 4231?
Yeah i guess, Partey-Torreira could also be useful against some teams. Auba will probably stay but he still needs to be replaced if Lacazette doesn't find some form quickly. He's extremely reliable but any injury and we're in trouble.

Jericholyte2

€40m / £35m for a talent like his, we surely have to be in for him! Clear out Smalling, Jone and Rojo and you might be close to breaking even!

Then our CB options would be Maguire & Upamecano with Lindelof and Tuanzebe as back-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.