Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

How has he driven his own value down? He's been injured, hasn't said a word to the media or been openly disrespectful of the club. He clearly wants to go back to Germany and has probably made that clear to the club. Of course it's up to City with what to do to their player, but from my view Sane's done nothing wrong. Compare that to Bernardo Silva who's openly flirted with a return back to Portugal yet noone criticizes him
If he hasn't said a word, then how do you know he clearly wants to go back to Germany?

Craig Ward

How has he driven his own value down? He's been injured, hasn't said a word to the media or been openly disrespectful of the club. He clearly wants to go back to Germany and has probably made that clear to the club. Of course it's up to City with what to do to their player, but from my view Sane's done nothing wrong. Compare that to Bernardo Silva who's openly flirted with a return back to Portugal yet noone criticizes him
I think Silva meant he would like to play in Portugal at the end of his career, not right now. Sure Aquero has mentioned he wants to play in Argentina before he retires too. These kind of comments are quite common with foreign players

I agree Sane hasn't done anything wrong in this matter. If anyone thinks B.Silva is flirting with a move to Portugal at this stage of his career, they've got the wrong end of the stick

SAFMUTD

That would be the best deal for us, Ighalo showed great stuff in the time he played but it was just two months and a bunch of games, not enough to make the decision to buy him.

diarm

I'm excited to see how we're going to line up next year. From all the reports I'm expecting something like:

DMacgraw

I'm excited to see how we're going to line up next year. From all the reports I'm expecting something like:

That's a great lineup! Even better, we have to replace Ighalo with Lautaro Martinez, Maguire with De Ligt, and Lindelof with Mohammed Salisu. Then we'll have a truly killer squad. Now if only can find space for Koulibaly! Yeaaah!

croadyman

Let's hope we are bringing in a quality striker in the summer (or before next season starts).
Well the links to Martinez have grown the last couple of days but if we aren't willing to spend big on Sancho in a position that has needed addressing for at least eight years then can't see us doing that for a new striker.

tenpoless

Innovative. Imagine the dynamic football We play with all of these technically excellent players linking up and switching positions. And then once the opponent gets the ball, They will play a long ball do their right wing and We're fecked.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
:lol: Can’t imagine many on here would be excited about signing another Pogba minus the passing ability
Pogba has one of the best passing ranges in world football to be fair. But he has other qualities too, many that Gravenberch shows I think. Both have the physical attributes, very skilful and can carry the ball from that central midfield role.

But I agree, any Pogba clone is unlikely to be popular!

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Would've been a bargain for £2m. Our loss is some else's gain. You win some and you lose some, it's all part of the game..

RUCK4444

Pogba has one of the best passing ranges in world football to be fair. But he has other qualities too, many that Gravenberch shows I think. Both have the physical attributes, very skilful and can carry the ball from that central midfield role.

But I agree, any Pogba clone is unlikely to be popular!
Yeah I see what you mean. I just laughed because I'm a big Pogba fan but people give him so much stick as it is, imagine he didn't have his passing range on top of that ha :)

Pav1878

Any more details on rumours of us bidding for Carlos Vinicius and Thiago Almada?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Any more details on rumours of us bidding for Carlos Vinicius and Thiago Almada?
Both rumours should be taken with a pinch of salt. TMW and Record are the two outlets reporting the news and both aren't credible IMO.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Would've been a bargain for £2m. Our loss is some else's gain. You win some and you lose some, it's all part of the game..

How exactly did we miss him?so cheap,playing a position where we desperately need competition and from North America losing to Bundesliga (no disrespect to Bayern)

Still can't digest it.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
How exactly did we miss him?so cheap,playing a position where we desperately need competition and from North America losing to Bundesliga (no disrespect to Bayern)

Still can't digest it.
I just read the The Times article and from what's being reported, our scouts had identified the potential of Davies as a 15 year old and he was available at $2m to $3m at the time but our hierarchy wanted more time and wanted a closer look and invited the player for a 2 week trial which was declined by Vancouver. Whilst we delayed things a Liverpool based Journo (Tom Sang) contacted Bayern and made them aware of the potential of Davies and someone from Bayern flew out to scout the player in Canada and after abit of reluctance paid Vancouver a fee which would eventually rise to $22m. United then came in with a counter offer but it was below the price agreed with Bayern so it was rejected by the Canadian club.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
So what do the FA and PL do about this? United signed him until the end of the season to replace Rashford and have been paying for his services. If the season restarts we are weakened though no fault of our own if we lose him.
Why would the FA or the PL have to do something ? The 2 clubs agreed a loan that ends on a certain date regardless of the number of games he'll be able to play or not. If they can't negotiate an extension or a definitive transfer, the player goes back. Are they supposed to tell Shanghai they're not getting their player back ?

Status
Not open for further replies.