Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

pacifictheme

It's not though is it? He's been given less than minimal chances here, and Chelsea have given youth a chance this season. It actually makes perfect sense from his perspective.
Maybe in a season where Williams and Greenwood established themselves in the team, gomes just didn't have the right attitude or ability to make it? Chelsea had a transfer ban and numerous players returning from successful loans.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Maybe in a season where Williams and Greenwood established themselves in the team, gomes just didn't have the right attitude or ability to make it? Chelsea had a transfer ban and numerous players returning from successful loans.
That's not really the point though. Regardless of how or why Gomes didn't get chances, and why Chelsea players did, it's what's happened. You cant just assume he's moving for money when there's an argument he'll get more of a look in at Chelsea, not really fair.

Sea-Cow

That's not really the point though. Regardless of how or why Gomes didn't get chances, and why Chelsea players did, it's what's happened. You cant just assume he's moving for money when there's an argument he'll get more of a look in at Chelsea, not really fair.
I don't think he's getting first-team minutes at Chelsea, even if they decided on a self-imposed transfer ban for the next few years. There is no way he is taking minutes away from Pulisic, Barkley, Mount, or CHO.

I would advise going to France, Germany or Portugal to try to get his career started.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
He doesn’t. Don’t see it happening at all, totally agent led bullshit.
Yup.

In fact, I think that - pre-lockdown - we were heading into a window with a pretty clear vision as to what we're looking for.

Sancho (target 1), Grealish, Bellingham and making Ighalo deal permanent.

All this was pretty transparent (as transparency over transfers go) and we know from last summer that Ole would sooner stick with what he's got than bring in players for the sake of it.

With this, I think it's safe/almost not worth posting anything regarding other players. It'll be utter horseshite.

sparx99

I don't think he's getting first-team minutes at Chelsea, even if they decided on a self-imposed transfer ban for the next few years. There is no way he is taking minutes away from Pulisic, Barkley, Mount, or CHO.

I would advise going to France, Germany or Portugal to try to get his career started.
Gomes is so slight of build that it’s no surprise he isn’t getting first team minutes.

He’s only 19. A full season long loan to the Dutch league would do him well. Odegaard really benefited from it.

At Chelsea they have ziyech coming in as well as the players mentioned.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
a guy that hardly starts at Schalke yeah OK :lol:

passing-wind

It's a real shame this wasn't happening at an Arsenal or Spurs. We could do with a talent of Sane's capabilities. I know Sancho is clearly the ideal choice but getting him comes with alot of noise and difficulty. I reckon if Bayern can get him for 65 million that's excellent business. They would have amassed Sane and Gnabry for absolute peanuts. With Kingsley being able to rotate around them. Perhaps the closest thing to the Robben / Ribery dynamic duo.

Sea-Cow

Gomes is so slight of build that it’s no surprise he isn’t getting first team minutes.

He’s only 19. A full season long loan to the Dutch league would do him well. Odegaard really benefited from it.

At Chelsea they have ziyech coming in as well as the players mentioned.
Good call, and there are probably a few others as well that I am forgetting.

Walters_19_MuFc

I don't know why I didn't mention Barcelona in the post. Probably deleted since I mentioned "all the ageing players" and decided to removed it from the post.
Ahh ok. Come to think of it, they do have a pretty ageing squad. Their main man isn't getting any younger either.

Ultimately, its about having that balance. This was something that Sir Alex was a genius at. Having that blend of youth and experience. I look at our squad, and although Ole has been targeting young players, its always good to have those experienced heads that can come in and add make that immediate impact, both on and off the pitch, i.e. Bruno, Ighalo and Maguire.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Ahh ok. Come to think of it, they do have a pretty ageing squad. Their main man isn't getting any younger either.

Ultimately, its about having that balance. This was something that Sir Alex was a genius at. Having that blend of youth and experience. I look at our squad, and although Ole has been targeting young players, its always good to have those experienced heads that can come in and add make that immediate impact, both on and off the pitch, i.e. Bruno, Ighalo and Maguire.
Do they need another ageing midfielders at this point though for balance?

Status
Not open for further replies.