Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedDevilRoshi

Dortmund wanting €120m for Sancho confirms he wont be coming this summer, and they won't get €120m for him with a year left on his contract next summer and they probably wont accept €40-50m (going by the offer Bayern give to City for Sane) so it looks like Sancho will go the Lewandowski route of leaving on a free - best we can hope for is sign him on a pre contract in Jan '22.
The €120M could be paid in instalments? Similar to what Barca did with Dortmund for Dembele and what we have done in the past for many of our deals.

Also his price will drop with a year left on his contract next summer, so a potential deal worth €50M-€60M could be done as surely Dortmund will want something for him at least and won’t want a repeat of the Lewandowski situation.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
This is genuinely your take?
It's my opinion yes, do you genuinely think United will fork out €120m for a player this summer?

@RedDevilRoshi I just dont see how anyone can sign a player above €100m this summer with all the uncertainty, instalments included (it's why I think Pogba will eventually leave on a free or a low price next year).

Judging by the report, it seems Dortmund are still pricing Sancho pre-pandemic, which is a little crazy.

From my memory Bayern offered them a pretty good deal for Lewandowski at the time, but Dortmund valued the player more than cash, which is what I think they'd do with Sancho.

It seems I have to state that this is an opinion to some posters (no idea why as that's generally the point of forums) but the above is my opinion - not to be taken as fact or ITk.

Edited because @reddevilroreplied on a new page and I didn't see.

Last edited:

Red Daz

Dortmund will play hard ball, we’ll end up paying through the nose but it’ll be worth it, with that front 3 we’ll worry any team on the planet .
With the length of contract left that can only help us I think, it’ll be drawn out, it always is when you’re talking those amounts

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Want to look at our reports again for how much cash we have on hand. We might not be as affected as others but I don't see how we can go shopping around.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
The only way we could fast track our way to the top is if every single other club was hit so hard by this they had to sell us their best players

We might be able to spend this summer while others can't but we've got an awful lot of catching up to do and that isn't done in one window

Jericholyte2

The only way we could fast track our way to the top is if every single other club was hit so hard by this they had to sell us their best players

We might be able to spend this summer while others can't but we've got an awful lot of catching up to do and that isn't done in one window
What a load of nonsense. A report a while back was suggesting that only 4-5 clubs across Europe could actively spend money this ‘summer’ window. If none of the other PL top teams can but we get in 3 of our targets then we’ve jumped a couple of years due to the fact that rivals have had to stand still.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Remember we still have a fair amount of deadwood to ship out,big earner Sanchez being the obvious.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
My only worry is the club being too concerned with public image and good PR and not wanting to appear to be spending huge amounts of money while the rest of the world is gonna struggle economically.

If there ever was a time to be ruthless in the transfer market, this is it. If we spend too much time being nice and not wanting to spend more than we could due to moral reasons, we will regret it a few years down the line.

tenpoless

We've been spending recklessly but failed many times because our targets weren't always available. Time to make it right. Spend recklessly on players that other clubs cannot buy. Get more profits from that. They will pay themselves in 5 years and the club will rise to the top :wenger:

ASL

Want to look at our reports again for how much cash we have on hand. We might not be as affected as others but I don't see how we can go shopping around.
https://ir.manutd.com/financial-information/quarterly-reports/2020.aspx

The latest quarterly accounts (2Q 2020) show that as of the 31st December 2019, there was £100.856 million of cash and cash equivalents. Which had decreased from £140.307 million from the previous quarter (30th September 2019).

Q3 2020 results are expected imminently (by the end of this month).

Reactions: Sultan

Judas

Open to offers
My only worry is the club being too concerned with public image and good PR and not wanting to appear to be spending huge amounts of money while the rest of the world is gonna struggle economically.

If there ever was a time to be ruthless in the transfer market, this is it. If we spend too much time being nice and not wanting to spend more than we could due to moral reasons, we will regret it a few years down the line.
I think this will be the key issue if any are to hold us back, especially when we've seen plenty of PR disasters from rivals like Liverpools continuous bizarre decisions.

Pep's Suit

Yeah, I don't think Arsenal and Spurs will be able to spend any decent money for at least another two summers. They're linked with Partey or Upamecano but that's nonsense. City will be affected by CL ban, Pool can't really improve much so it's mainly between Chelsea and United to close the gap in next three transfer windows.

charlenefan

What a load of nonsense. A report a while back was suggesting that only 4-5 clubs across Europe could actively spend money this ‘summer’ window. If none of the other PL top teams can but we get in 3 of our targets then we’ve jumped a couple of years due to the fact that rivals have had to stand still.
It's only nonsense if you truly believe we're only a few players away and that's what's nonsense

ovoxo

Apparently Juve have joined us in the race. The article says both us and Juve want to take advantage of a depressed market to improve our centre forward options. It goes on to say Wolves are open to selling, at a substantial profit.

Considering they paid £34m, unless we get him for £40-45m somehow this is a nonstarter in my opinion.

Jericholyte2

It's only nonsense if you truly believe we're only a few players away and that's what's nonsense
Firstly if we got Sancho and Partey for example we’d be a hell of a lot closer to the title.

Second, fast-tracking doesn’t mean winning the title next season, but getting closer to your goal faster than expected.

Mark Pawelek

Firstly if we got Sancho and Partey for example we’d be a hell of a lot closer to the title.

Second, fast-tracking doesn’t mean winning the title next season, but getting closer to your goal faster than expected.
Fantasy. Look at our defense. 2 fit CBs. 2 CBs injured for most of this season. 3 other CBs we'd like to sell. We do actually need to sell a stack of players to find £130m - £140m needed to buy Sancho and Partey in this period of economic crisis and uncertainty. The club may also lose £110m in revenue next year if forced to play in closed stadiums.

charlenefan

:lol:

There is no definitive timescale of what that phrase does or doesn't refer to

WelshManc

In order for that to happen we'd HAVE to get everything right, on and off the pitch, there would be no room for error, since we are so far behind Liverpool and City.

We need our current crop of players, that are good enough for United, to buy into Ole's project. Ship out the deadwood, which Ole has done brilliant at, at the moment. Continue making the type of signings that we have done recently, again I think Ole has done a great job so far. Signings though that can projectile us closer to not only the Liverpool's and City's but the other big clubs around Europe.

We need a big play this summer and hopefully we can manage it.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I think this will be the key issue if any are to hold us back, especially when we've seen plenty of PR disasters from rivals like Liverpools continuous bizarre decisions.
Yeah I get what you're getting at. But for once public opinion has to take a backseat as far as our transfer activity is concerned. What has happened with this virus has been terrible, but for an entity like Manchester United it has also presented a unique opportunity, and to let it pass by, would be something we'll regret later on.

SmallCaine

Why exactly would we be in better positions than City or Chelsea?
Do Chelsea really have the money anymore? Abramovic has stopped going on spending sprees like he used to and City can have all the money in the world but i don't think they can actually spend it given the ffp issues they are facing.

United Pro

Even if it's true I wonder if this is a case of our top 6 rivals briefing so that other clubs know that United have more money than others so that we don't get any discounts this summer due to the expected deflation of transfer fees across the market.

RUCK4444

The club so far have been exemplary in that regard though.

It’s the feckin press that will jump on us, as always, if we do spend big. But feck it, it’s a buyers market and deep down people will appreciate that, even if they don’t want to voice it. Why shouldn’t we strengthen when we can.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Do Chelsea really have the money anymore? Abramovic has stopped going on spending sprees like he used to and City can have all the money in the world but i don't think they can actually spend it given the ffp issues they are facing.
If Roman see this as an opportunity I doubt Chelsea would have any issues.

Infra-red

Why exactly would we be in better positions than City or Chelsea?
The sources at those other clubs must not have looked at our financial reports recently. Even if we bought nobody at all this summer, we'd still owe £150m in outstanding transfer fees this year (and that doesn't include the Bruno Fernandes deal or another £60m of potential add-ons).

Sea-Cow

I am an economics moron, so please be kind, but how are the Glazers doing overall right now? I imagine they will be reluctant to spend much, even if we have loads of cash on hand as compared to the rivals, if their other investments are failing.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I am an economics moron, so please be kind, but how are the Glazers doing overall right now? I imagine they will be reluctant to spend much, even if we have loads of cash on hand as compared to the rivals, if their other investments are failing.
The good thing is we do not rely on cash from the Glazers. You do have a point, but United is run on the money it generates itself from its own commercial interests and not cash advances from the "owners".
On the flip side if the Glazers are strapped for cash, maybe they will need to take more money out of the club at some point, who knows.

Sea-Cow

The good thing is we do not rely on cash from the Glazers. You do have a point, but United is run on the money it generates itself from its own commercial interests and not cash advances from the "owners".
On the flip side if the Glazers are strapped for cash, maybe they will need to take more money out of the club at some point, who knows.
Thanks. And I actually misread the previous posts, and Infra-red was saying our reports are actually bad compared to other teams. So I really f'd this up

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
They got 180 million just from Mbappe and they're still struggling financially? What's wrong with them?

Status
Not open for further replies.