Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace of Spades

Keep an eye on this one
These Journos need a reality check, it feels like they are still throwing the same prices that were there pre-covid. I think 40m range is going to be very rare in the next window. Much less for a championship player.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
One thing this crisis has highlighted is how full of shit 95% of transfer stories are - literally making things up out of thin air with the sole purpose to fill column inches.

RUCK4444

I had a thought recently, was going to make a thread about it. Why doesn't somebody create a league table of sorts for the reliability of newspapers when it comes to transfer dealings?

Every time a paper runs a story that proves to be bogus they get a -1 and every time a story is proven right they get a +1

If it gained attention and the papers were aware of it would it not help limit the amount of absolute rubbish they print on a daily basis? I think it could, so long as it became prominent online.

Sports Witness are the closest thing to this, if they introduced a rating system it would at least help guide people away from the trash articles.

Nick7

I had a thought recently, was going to make a thread about it. Why doesn't somebody create a league table of sorts for the reliability of newspapers when it comes to transfer dealings?

Every time a paper runs a story that proves to be bogus they get a -1 and every time a story is proven right they get a +1

If it gained attention and the papers were aware of it would it not help limit the amount of absolute rubbish they print on a daily basis? I think it could, so long as it became prominent online.

Sports Witness are the closest thing to this, if they introduced a rating system it would at least help guide people away from the trash articles.
Reddit has a tier list. The issue with that is when someone says something people are like "LOL HE'S ONLY TIER 3 IT'S BOLLOCKS" when they could in fact be telling the truth. I find those kinds of things somewhat helpful but not altogether great. Healthy skepticism is the best way to approach transfer news and rumours.

RUCK4444

Reddit has a tier list. The issue with that is when someone says something people are like "LOL HE'S ONLY TIER 3 IT'S BOLLOCKS" when they could in fact be telling the truth. I find those kinds of things somewhat helpful but not altogether great. Healthy skepticism is the best way to approach transfer news and rumours.
Yeah I can see the downside to that. However I’m all for anything that may limit the amount of rubbish articles that are put out daily.

The journalists and papers are making money from totally fabricating nonsense and basically making fools out of football fans.

There is no consequence and therefore there is no inclination for them to be honest.

For example the more hardcore football fan that exist on forums like this know the difference (mostly anyway) between rubbish and potentially truthful articles, however a large proportion of people just take what any paper says as gospel.
The amount of times in my workplace I have to shoot down people spouting off about articles in the Sun or feckin Metro etc.

Nick7

Yeah I can see the downside to that. However I’m all for anything that may limit the amount of rubbish articles that are put out daily.

The journalists and papers are making money from totally fabricating nonsense and basically making fools out of football fans.

There is no consequence and therefore there is no inclination for them to be honest.

For example the more hardcore football fan that exist on forums like this know the difference (mostly anyway) between rubbish and potentially truthful articles, however a large proportion of people just take what any paper says as gospel.
The amount of times in my workplace I have to shoot down people spouting off about articles in the Sun or feckin Metro etc.
The blacklist in the OP should do that in theory. But no one actually reads in threads these days

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford

Keep an eye on this one
He is class and too good for the Championship, one thing with Brentford players is they are extremely well scouted but scouted to perform in the Bees system and the way Brentford like to play. If they use him as part of an attacking three then he could replace, somewhat, the hole left by Hazard. 40 million quid would snap their arm off, his price last season was 20/25 million but nobody went for it. Brentford will sell for the right price and he is a real entertainer. Would love to see him in the Prem with Brentford and watch how the BMW get on in that league.

He did this earlier this season against Brizzle City which made small man syndrome Lee Johnson absolutely lose the plot and show him up for what a nasty little man he really is:

Loves a nutmeg too gets at least one in every game:

RUCK4444

No it never reched the levels seen recently.
Yeah, right not they may as well have a hat with players names in and another hat with club names in and then just draw one from each before each ‘story’ is printed.

I couldn’t continue peddling this shite week in week out and expect anybody to take me seriously when none of it came to fruition.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Maybe they prefer waiting for Haaland? Or, maybe even worse for us, they consider Sancho a once in a generation talent and would rather be in the competition for him.

Obviously, they can afford.

Last edited:

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Might be a hot take, but I don’t think he’s *that* good. There’s a reason why he’s chucked out wide most of the time he plays for the national team.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Might be a hot take, but I don’t think he’s *that* good. There’s a reason why he’s chucked out wide most of the time he plays for the national team.
Don't know where you are getting that from, he's always played as a striker for Germany. His issue is that he hasn't been able to play in a single striker system. Leipzeg have always played a 2 striker system, which suits his ability to drift wide and be a larger part of the attack.

His recent form hasn't helped him. 4 goals in 10 BL matches, with a hat trick coming in the previous match. I biggest gripe I have with him is that he blows hot and cold, he'll get 10 goals in 7 games but then go the next 10 games with 2-3 goals. On an overall level it's still a very good season, even this season he's scored 30 goals and 12 assists in 39 matches, but it can lead to changing opinion during the it.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
What type of forward is Werner exactly ?
Comparisons to previous strikers acceptable. :D

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Don't know where you are getting that from, he's always played as a striker for Germany. His issue is that he hasn't been able to play in a single striker system. Leipzeg have always played a 2 striker system, which suits his ability to drift wide and be a larger part of the attack.

His recent form hasn't helped him. 4 goals in 10 BL matches, with a hat trick coming in the previous match. I biggest gripe I have with him is that he blows hot and cold, he'll get 10 goals in 7 games but then go the next 10 games with 2-3 goals. On an overall level it's still a very good season, even this season he's scored 30 goals and 12 assists in 39 matches, but it can lead to changing opinion during the it.
Crazy, it’s almost like he’s not *that* good.

Apologies on the out wide part, I’ve just checked and it looks like that wasn’t the case. Must’ve just been one of those weird feelings. But he didn’t start either of the most recent NT games vs Estonia — with Serge Gnabry and Luca Waldschmidt being preferred upfront in each tie...

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
What type of forward is Werner exactly ?
Quite similar to Martial, I would argue. Maybe a bit more of a typical striker. But then again, Martial was used the wrong way for several years. Maybe he would have been more of a typical striker if he played in the same position as this season from 20 to 23.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Crazy, it’s almost like he’s not *that* good.

Apologies on the out wide part, I’ve just checked and it looks like that wasn’t the case. Must’ve just been one of those weird feelings. But he didn’t start either of the most recent NT games vs Estonia — with Serge Gnabry and Luca Waldschmidt being preferred upfront in each tie...
That's ridiculous to say, players are reliant on systems. Because Werner hasn't been as succesfull in a single striker system does not mean he isn't a good striker or he can't work with one in the future. Gnabry and Waldschmidt starting Germany's matches last season was more down to 1) Werner's indifferent form for Germany and 2) Rotation from Low.

Some teams have very fluid front threes with noone really holding a defined position (Liverpool, Barca of old), in those situations you can see Werner adapting succesfully as the single striker. Even in a formation with Martial-Werner-Rashford you can envision something similar. Werner hasn't had much experience playing in a single striker system but that doesn't mean he won't be able to, plenty strikers move from 2 striker systems to 1 (Firmino being one).

-Supreme-

I just read up that Monaco signed him for £21m when he was only 16? But he's hardly placed for their first team since, I wonder why?

Can we trust Di Marzio given what has happened last summer...

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I just read up that Monaco signed him for £21m when he was only 16? But he's hardly placed for their first team since, I wonder why?

A lot of injuries. Not particularly uncommon in growing lads though, so who knows if it is because he's genuinely injury prone.

I don't doubt we followed him from 16, think most of Europe was probably the hottest prospect going at that point.

Adnan

Talent Spotter

I personally would trust Di Marzio due to the player being a Italian national. I think there could be something in this.

-Supreme-

I personally would trust Di Marzio due to the player being a Italian national. I think there could be something in this.
Yeah that's what I feel too but not sure if a young prospect / striker is what we need...unless Ole sees Greenwood's position on the right wing

Status
Not open for further replies.