Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Varun1

If those quotes are real, then what a bunch of mouthy feckers!
I could be wrong here, but Bayern, Real and Barca seem to be the only teams that pull off this sort of shit. Of all the big teams, we are one of the best in that regard.

ehsanul

Bestower of favours
If those quotes are real, then what a bunch of mouthy feckers!
I could be wrong here, but Bayern, Real and Barca seem to be the only teams that pull off this sort of shit. Of all the big teams, we are one of the best in that regard.
But when everybody is doing it then we should also do it.

IrishMcD

I guess that rules out any potential Werner move then, as unlikely as it was anyway. Strange decision to extend a loan until Jan. Leaves us in a weird situation come again, you know you arent getting a top signing in Jan.

Red00012

I guess that rules out any potential Werner move then, as unlikely as it was anyway. Strange decision to extend a loan until Jan. Leaves us in a weird situation come again, you know you arent getting a top signing in Jan.
Greenwood will be 1st choice by then hopefully

MDFC Manager

Think the Chinese league starts in February or March or so. His club probably want him back by then.

Riz

No idea who this is but even so if we did secure Sancho and only Sancho it would be fine with me so long as Pogba was staying.

With Matic, Fred, McT, Pogba, Bruno our midfield options look good with room to give youngsters like Garner and Lingard some minutes.

Up top Rashford, Martial, Ighalo, James, Greenwood and Sancho is a brilliant selection.

Ok it’s easy to argue we still need to improve the CB, LB and CM positions but the squad would look very balanced regardless.

pacifictheme

No idea who this is but even so if we did secure Sancho and only Sancho it would be fine with me so long as Pogba was staying.

With Matic, Fred, McT, Pogba, Bruno our midfield options look good with room to give youngsters like Garner and Lingard some minutes.

Up top Rashford, Martial, Ighalo, James, Greenwood and Sancho is a brilliant selection.

Ok it’s easy to argue we still need to improve the CB, LB and CM positions but the squad would look very balanced regardless.
Classic lingard banter.

sparx99

How does Bayern get away with talking about other teams players like this? I know tapping up is basically ignored these days but surely a reprimand is in order when discussing players under contract.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Do people think we will still make a move for Bellingham or a DM?
I think the idea is to get Bellingham and Sancho. If Pogba stays we're not going to be in any much need of an instant impact midfielder. Bruno Pogba and Fred can start with the likes of Bellingham, Mctominay, Matic, Mata etc. That's quite solid. We play with two box to box behind an AM so I think Bellingham fits the bill

nycender

FFS :lol:

RUCK4444

Agreed I would be over the moon even if we only signed Sancho after now securing Ighalo.

As you say, there is an argument to strengthen a few other areas but with the Ighalo, Sancho, Bruno and a fit Pogba we are a much stronger team than we saw for the majority of last season.

I would like to see us sign Bellingham as he can be one for the future however I think he want's regular game time. Maybe a buy and loan back option.

I would still enquire about Grealish and low ball Villa if they are relegated, he's too good an option to not test the water. It's about securing the 'must haves' and low balling the not so important signings. I do think there will be a few relative bargains to be had in this window for a club like ourselves if we want to dig a bit deeper into the pockets (which I think we should.)

Last edited:

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool

I'd expect to see most clubs doing this over the coming weeks.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

It's a weird comment to make. We're basically adding on Pogba, Bruno, Ighalo and Sancho (if we get him) to the squad we had for the first 6 months of this season (as Pogba was gone). That's a massive difference. Two world class midfielders on top of what we used this whole season, arguably the best u21 player in the world on the right wing, and depth for the striker position. It's exactly what we need.

Sea-Cow

Do people think we will still make a move for Bellingham or a DM?
A huge IF here, but IF we bring in Sancho its not a big deal if we don't also address DM.

In an ideal world, with a Russian oligarch's backing perhaps, then a DM to slot in right away to the first 11 would be excellent. But in the real world, I am happy to continue with Fred and Scott's development and hopefully continued improvement.

Regarding Bellingham, I just don't consider him a realistic option for the first team next year. Granted I haven't ever actually seen him in action, but lumping hopes on a 17-year-old is not ideal. Unless that 17-year-old is Hanible Mejbri, in which case hell yeah lets throw him on against City and watch him soar.

Status
Not open for further replies.