Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

izec

If we won’t spend it this summer then why can we spend it next summer, after spending a fair chunk on a plan B ?
I am just trying to make sense of the Chiesa rumours, but they could all be BS anyway.

Sancho will be cheaper next season though and i also believe if we sell Pogba next year, we will have more cash as well. Chiesa is versatile enough to play various positions, he is not a strict RW.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Would love Chiesa. Definitely a step down from Sancho, but he'd instantly be a fan favourite here with his style and attitude.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Would love Chiesa. Definitely a step down from Sancho, but he'd instantly be a fan favourite here with his style and attitude.
Has a lot of potential but he doesn't strike me as especially creative.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Has a lot of potential but he doesn't strike me as especially creative.
I'm not sure he's what you'd immediately think for creativity, but his control and movement allows him to create a lot of chances. I think the biggest criticism you could level at him is he's not very consistent with his end product.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
He will be 31y in november. And even it's not THAT much for CB, he still isn't Baresi or Cannavaro. He would be our 3. or 4. CB. I dont say it's a good price but there is good reasons why we will not get anything like 30M etc. But total with loans will be something like 15-20M. Im ok with that because club didnt seems to have future plans with him.
Well, he will be a year older when the obligation kicks in so 3m added to the 15m for a 31 year old is reasonable imo
Yeah but we don't want him and they know it. That brings the price down.
Yeah, I personally don't mind it. But I'm sure those who think he's the best defender in Italy are scratching their heads right now. I would be more than happy to sell Jones, Rojo, Smalling, Lindelof and Bailly (even though I've got a bit of a soft spot for Bailly). And I don't really care too much about the price.

RUCK4444

What a complete waste of the best years of his career. Deserves nothing but a farmers league trophy to show for that lack of ambition and that's exactly what he got.

That said, shamelessly I would take him on a 2 year deal or something similar. Strikes me as the kind of player that will be play on until he's around 35 to a decent level.

Edit; It goes totally against the new recruitment model implemented by Ole.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
That said, shamelessly I would take him on a 2 year deal or something similar. Strikes me as the kind of player that will be play on until he's around 35 to a decent level.

Guessing you weren't invited to his 35th birthday then? He's 36 in September! :lol:

Art

Art the artist
Can see him going to Arsenal. They could do with a bit of leadership at the back.

cyberman

What a complete waste of the best years of his career. Deserves nothing but a farmers league trophy to show for that lack of ambition and that's exactly what he got.

Story goes he didnt want to move. He came into Milan one day and was told he and Ibra were sold, no ifs it buts.

Utdstar01

no chance anybody takes him on the sort of money he will want. Probably end up in China.

SAFMUTD

Agree on the wasted career part, he was class and arguably the best central defender in the world in AC Milan.

I dont know if you saw but he's almost 36, I would stay clear of him. This kind of signings I would agree if we have a short goal and need immediate effects, to fill a last missing part of a team; at the moment we are missing a lot of parts, he wont make us challenge for the title and would stop the development of a CB that can actually be here by the time we are ready to challenge again.

RUCK4444

Story goes he didnt want to move. He came into Milan one day and was told he and Ibra were sold, no ifs it buts.
Could that really happen though? I mean any transfer requires the player to buy into the move surely?

A club can agree a deal but they can't hold a gun to the players head to move to another country.

cyberman

Could that really happen though? I mean any transfer requires the player to buy into the move surely?

A club can agree a deal but they can't hold a gun to the players head to move to another country.
Milan really needed the money.

RUCK4444

Agree on the wasted career part, he was class and arguably the best central defender in the world in AC Milan.

I dont know if you saw but he's almost 36, I would stay clear of him. This kind of signings I would agree if we have a short goal and need immediate effects, to fill a last missing part of a team; at the moment we are missing a lot of parts, he wont make us challenge for the title and would stop the development of a CB that can actually be here by the time we are ready to challenge again.
Yeah missed the part about his current age, didn't realise he's already 35. Crazy how time flies.

I agree, was an absolute class act at Milan. I say it tongue in cheek about the lack of ambition but players like him and Veratti frustrate the hell out of me. They are some of the best players of their generation and could have had their pick of teams in europe. :houllier:

RUCK4444

It’s Italy, mate, they can.
Yeah but how? If he said, no I'm not moving to Paris, then how can they force him?

They can't. Are you insinuating they put some sort of external forces into play to make his mind up for him? Get the ol' green grocers from Sicily to have a word eh?

MDFC Manager

I am just trying to make sense of the Chiesa rumours, but they could all be BS anyway.

Sancho will be cheaper next season though and i also believe if we sell Pogba next year, we will have more cash as well. Chiesa is versatile enough to play various positions, he is not a strict RW.
A cheaper Sancho won't work in our favor imo. There will be several other clubs who will queue up for him at that stage especially if he keeps improving. I think now is our best opportunity to get him.

Cliche Guevara

Yeah but how? If he said, no I'm not moving to Paris, then how can they force him?

They can't. Are you insinuating they put some sort of external forces into play to make his mind up for him? Get the ol' green grocers from Sicily to have a word eh?
No I mean they can literally hold a gun to the player’s head.

Varun1

no chance anybody takes him on the sort of money he will want. Probably end up in China.
No sure If you think he'll get a high salary in China but, fyi, rules have changed in China, gone are the mega salaries.

SAFMUTD

Yeah missed the part about his current age, didn't realise he's already 35. Crazy how time flies.

I agree, was an absolute class act at Milan. I say it tongue in cheek about the lack of ambition but players like him and Veratti frustrate the hell out of me. They are some of the best players of their generation and could have had their pick of teams in europe. :houllier:
Agree, Veratti is anotherone who seems to be wasting his career there.

I suspect We'll get the same feeling with Mbappe if he doesnt move to a stronger league in the next 2-3 years.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
There is ZERO chance we're after Havertz now. Not unless Barkley is sold. Which ain't happening.

RUCK4444

:lol: Near enough answers it opens august closes October 2nd, maybe!
I thought they were going to keep it open until Jan to allow longer period for struggling teams to sell players to balance the books.

I think that’s a good idea. Things change all the time in business, day to day sometimes, a club that’s struggling would benefit from being able to sell a few players when required.
Rather than being stuck with assets they can’t release for many months during an ongoing crisis.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
That article is pure clickbait.

Says they want him as a wide man :lol:

and then follows up with "but they'll face stiff competition" yeah... tell us something new.

Status
Not open for further replies.