Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

croadyman

Ole's words recently don't inspire confidence that we'll do much this window. Understandable given the events we're experiencing. If anything I can see us selling a few like Lingard, Dalot, Pereira and bringing in one - maybe Sancho or Grealish.
Well if he did name check Dortmund in this post match interview he gave to that Norwegian TV channel as reported then I would definitely see that as a positive sign, there is also probably some truth in Bates article from the Mirror about Ole needing to sell before he can buy.

I knew this wasn't going to be a straight forward deal and hence why I would never compare it to the Werner situation where he had a release clause making life much easier, having said that I still believe we are going to get this done like we did with the deals last summer.

In regards to other signings I honestly think that we only bring in a CB provided that we can get rid of a couple in the squad. I could see a move for Grealish only if Villa go down and the price is around a figure that we would consider acceptable for him (around £45-50m).

Keyser

Oles words were fine for me, if it makes football and financial sense we'll spend

Better than Woodward mouthing off about endless funds

I think we'll go for Sancho and one other on the assumption PP is staying

I think it was the interviewer who name checked Dortmund not Ole

Mr Smith

All of these swap deals going on right now seem extremely suspicious to me. I would bet a lot of money there's some creative accounting going on with these.

Pep's Suit

All of these swap deals going on right now seem extremely suspicious to me. I would bet a lot of money there's some creative accounting going on with these.
Yeah. On paper those are transfers with inflated fees (Moreno - €10m).

iHicksy

Would love Alaba here as left back. When these kinds of players come available you have to go for them. Obviously City know this as he's a huge upgrade on what they have.

croadyman

Would love Alaba here as left back. When these kinds of players come available you have to go for them. Obviously City know this as he's a huge upgrade on what they have.
Yeah no doubt Alaba would be quality addition but Ole seems all about Shaw & Williams

I would say that Utd see LB probably about 5th on the priority list behind RW, AM (cover) CB & DM

After watching what Cooper had to say earlier still expect us to try for Grealish. I reckon this City link is Villa's way of trying to hurry us along similar to the Barca link to Bruno.

Last edited:

Pav1878

Exactly right. Sometimes a position is not a priority but when an exceptional player becomes available, you should go for it.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
*Manchester United angry at player for breaking quarantine - Have wanted him gone for the last 4 summer windows but know there's no team on the planet daft enough to take him on at the price he can justifiably demand based on ludicrous current contract.

UncleBob

I don't blame him for not resigning. If I was on the team and I saw Lingard given chance after chance after chance and continue to fail while I know that I'm a better player and can't even get a spot on the bench, I'd probably leave too...
Gomes has been wank every time he’s played

48 hours

I saw on transfer market that his contract expires tomorrow, is this credible? I hope is true, good riddance.
Sadly not. United’s website says he extended until June 2021 with an option for a further year. Hopefully the club is the one with the option and not him

LordNinio

Yeah. On paper those are transfers with inflated fees (Moreno - €10m).
Can someone explain how these deals work out favourably from an accounting point of view? Obviously they'll have a huge income stream showing, but there will be an equally huge outgoing stream too.

Is it because FFP is set as a percentage of the income stream, and ignores outgoings?

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Grealish doesn't seem at all like a Guardiola player. Especially not as a Sané replacement as they're completely different players.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Gomes has been wank every time he’s played
He's barely played and a player that young will only improve with playing. You can't learn if you don't make mistakes. And no matter how wank he has been, it hasn't been worse than Lingard. Gomes has shown in the U23's that he is a very talented player. He would only get better if playing with better players. Like I said, I don't blame him for not resigning when he was rarely given playing time yet Lingard was given chance after chance after chance despite failing each and every time...

ninjaskill

Can someone explain how these deals work out favourably from an accounting point of view? Obviously they'll have a huge income stream showing, but there will be an equally huge outgoing stream too.

Is it because FFP is set as a percentage of the income stream, and ignores outgoings?
Basically you can declare all the income from selling him for this year minus any part of the players value that hasn’t been covered already so it helps FFP a lot.

Every club values it’s player by taking the fee they paid for him and dividing it by the years on the contract so for a 5 year 75 million deal they will record a 15 million loss for all 5 years of the contract. If they were to say extend him 1 season for another season they would have written off 15 million so his value would be 60 million so over 5 years he would then lose 12 million in value a year. If you sell them then you have to include anything unspent at once but you would hope that is covered by the transfer value.

Basically it’s just kicking the problem further down the road, especially as I doubt they can sell pjanic for close to what they paid for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.