Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordNinio

Basically you can declare all the income from selling him for this year minus any part of the players value that hasn’t been covered already so it helps FFP a lot.

Every club values it’s player by taking the fee they paid for him and dividing it by the years on the contract so for a 5 year 75 million deal they will record a 15 million loss for all 5 years of the contract. If they were to say extend him 1 season for another season they would have written off 15 million so his value would be 60 million so over 5 years he would then lose 12 million in value a year. If you sell them then you have to include anything unspent at once but you would hope that is covered by the transfer value.

Basically it’s just kicking the problem further down the road, especially as I doubt they can sell pjanic for close to what they paid for him.
I see. That makes sense.

Thanks

Infra-red

Grealish doesn't seem at all like a Guardiola player. Especially not as a Sané replacement as they're completely different players.
I could see him as a backup/rotation option for one of the two #8/#10 hybrid roles in their 4-3-3, especially with Silva leaving.

As you say, he wouldn't be a suitable Sane replacement - I expect they'd go for Oyarzabal. I suppose they might consider Sancho or even Ousmane Dembele, too. Moussa Diaby looks a good prospect.

Teja

As you say, he wouldn't be a suitable Sane replacement - I expect they'd go for Oyarzabal.
Do they even need a Sane replacement given they managed the whole season just fine with like five other wide players? Silva leaving at the end of the season is a bigger hole and they might get Grealish competing with Foden for that role.

They never really properly replaced Kompany and Clichy either, I'm guessing CB, LB are their highest priorities. Angelinho is okay going forward but doesn't inspire confidence defensively.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Really don't mind Grealish going to City as long as Buendia, Brooks, VdB, Cantwell are available. Would cost less and less troublesome

Rolaholic

Grealish is a much better player than all of them.
Only thing he has on VDB is that he's proven in the premier league but I wouldn't consider him much better overall.

Under Pep though he'll likely become England's starting no.10...

SAFMUTD

One of the worst deals I've seen, I have no idea why Barcelona accept this. Changing Arthur who's 22-23 years old for Pjanic who's 30 and theyre pretty much on the same level with Arthur only improving and Pjanic declining soon, I mean wtf :confused: :confused: :confused:

prateik

One of the worst deals I've seen, I have no idea why Barcelona accept this. Changing Arthur who's 22-23 years old for Pjanic who's 30 and theyre pretty much on the same level with Arthur only improving and Pjanic declining soon, I mean wtf :confused: :confused: :confused:
They'll swap the players back in a year..

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München

Three free transfers from other Bundesliga clubs to Augsburg:
Strobl from Gladbach, Caligiuri from Schalke, and Gikiewicz from Union Berlin.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout

Three free transfers from other Bundesliga clubs to Augsburg:
Strobl from Gladbach, Caligiuri from Schalke, and Gikiewicz from Union Berlin.
Wasn't Caligiuri one of Schalke's better players over the last year or so? Wonder why they let him go so easily.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
I’m definitely biased but what is more desirable about Spanish football than the Premier League? Real vs Barca every year it seems
Madrid and Barcelona are two of the very best cities to live in.

Pep's Suit

Sam Lee used to be great, didn't he? What changed? Used to always be getting City news right I seem to recall.
I don't think he ever was, just no other journo focused on City so it made him look more reliable. For City transfers in last 2-3 years Castles was the best source.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
I’m definitely biased but what is more desirable about Spanish football than the Premier League? Real vs Barca every year it seems
He's won everything there is to win. At 28, Spain sounds like a nice place to enjoy your life and

Lee565

Can Sanchez play in the Europa league for us if he comes back to united in August? I ask this because Fernandes played for sporting in the Europa league and was eligible to play for us in it.

Andi Latte

Can Sanchez play in the Europa league for us if he comes back to united in August? I ask this because Fernandes played for sporting in the Europa league and was eligible to play for us in it.
IIRC, cup-tied is no longer a thing, Haaland for example played for Dortmund in the CL after playing there with Salzburg before.

I would guess the same applies to Sanchez.

peridigm

I don’t think so as he would be cup tied since were in the finals. Besides that, no chance he plays for United again under Ole.

Status
Not open for further replies.