Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesperjaap

He's barely played and a player that young will only improve with playing. You can't learn if you don't make mistakes. And no matter how wank he has been, it hasn't been worse than Lingard. Gomes has shown in the U23's that he is a very talented player. He would only get better if playing with better players. Like I said, I don't blame him for not resigning when he was rarely given playing time yet Lingard was given chance after chance after chance despite failing each and every time...
Is a weird one isnt it Gomes and personally I dont blame him leaving. How long ago was that great cameo debut now? He does look a genuine talent and as others said, didnt do much in hi soppurtunities but they have been few and far between.

You do have to wonder just why the likes of Chong have got more opportunities than him from the youngsters and why Perreira, Lingard and even Mata played so often too.

Weird if he is goin gto Chelsea or Barcelona though as probably even less likely to get games than here currently

Sea-Cow

Are you claiming Cantwell is a better player? You having a laugh?
Haha I am now!

Your comment was about Buendia, Brooks, VdB, AND Cantwell. Also, you said he was MUCH better than ALL of them.

So I stand by my respectful disagreement.

jesperjaap

I could see him as a backup/rotation option for one of the two #8/#10 hybrid roles in their 4-3-3, especially with Silva leaving.

As you say, he wouldn't be a suitable Sane replacement - I expect they'd go for Oyarzabal. I suppose they might consider Sancho or even Ousmane Dembele, too. Moussa Diaby looks a good prospect.
Wasnt there rumours that Gundogan may leave in the summer? Also, I guess we have to see what happens with some of the bigger players in the positions you mention if the champions league ban is upheld

jesperjaap

Really don't mind Grealish going to City as long as Buendia, Brooks, VdB, Cantwell are available. Would cost less and less troublesome
Nobody seems to rate Grealish much on this forum do they. He has had a couple of off the pitch problems but he is also captain of the club at a young age, so maybe the troublesome aspect is overly played?

There is also probably good reason those other players would cost a lot less too. I think they are all good young players, but for a start only VDB is as adaptable to play several roles so none of the other players offer the same versatility to our squad.

All the others only really offer us cover in one or two positions, I cant see them starting and as cover, are any of those players significantly better than our current cover options to justify investing probably £25-40m to add to our squad when we probably need to make at least two big signings this summer?

I guess that is the argument with Grealish if Pogba stays. He does offer us cover in 5 of the front 6 positions though and certainly far better cover in my opinion anyway than our current back up players in almost every one of those positions. Just in that aspect he allows us to possibly dispose of Sanchez, Mata, Lingard, Gomes and Perreira and not have to rely on James for example if Rashford is injured as he isnt ready to regularly in my opinion. This also allows us to lower wages and free up a space or two possibly in our squad for players like Mjebri next season.

More importantly but I think I am very much in a minority, I think he is good enough to be a regular starter for us and improve our side next season. I think he can play in a midfield three with Pogba and Ferrnandes as long as Pogba can be disciplined and cut out some of the sloppyness defensively especialyl he has displayed at times. Something that has been overlooked with Fernandes by many is just how hard he works tracking back, even as a number 10 he isnt just an attacking midfielder. Of course ideally we would sign an all round midfielder that is really strong defensively as we only really have Matic, I just think Grealish is too good not to go and purchase and reading most of the comments on here it surprises me that I think people would be surprised how talented he actually is if he was purchased by us

jesperjaap

Haha I am now!

Your comment was about Buendia, Brooks, VdB, AND Cantwell. Also, you said he was MUCH better than ALL of them.

So I stand by my respectful disagreement.
I like all of those players BUT I agree with the other guy, I think he is a much better player than all of them. Personally I would only take VDB out of them and I think he is bit over rated. He is a good player and very versatile but I am not surprised that several of those Ajax players left before him as I dont think he is a special player

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Nobody seems to rate Grealish much on this forum do they. He has had a couple of off the pitch problems but he is also captain of the club at a young age, so maybe the troublesome aspect is overly played?

There is also probably good reason those other players would cost a lot less too. I think they are all good young players, but for a start only VDB is as adaptable to play several roles so none of the other players offer the same versatility to our squad.

All the others only really offer us cover in one or two positions, I cant see them starting and as cover, are any of those players significantly better than our current cover options to justify investing probably £25-40m to add to our squad when we probably need to make at least two big signings this summer?

I guess that is the argument with Grealish if Pogba stays. He does offer us cover in 5 of the front 6 positions though and certainly far better cover in my opinion anyway than our current back up players in almost every one of those positions. Just in that aspect he allows us to possibly dispose of Sanchez, Mata, Lingard, Gomes and Perreira and not have to rely on James for example if Rashford is injured as he isnt ready to regularly in my opinion. This also allows us to lower wages and free up a space or two possibly in our squad for players like Mjebri next season.

More importantly but I think I am very much in a minority, I think he is good enough to be a regular starter for us and improve our side next season. I think he can play in a midfield three with Pogba and Ferrnandes as long as Pogba can be disciplined and cut out some of the sloppyness defensively especialyl he has displayed at times. Something that has been overlooked with Fernandes by many is just how hard he works tracking back, even as a number 10 he isnt just an attacking midfielder. Of course ideally we would sign an all round midfielder that is really strong defensively as we only really have Matic, I just think Grealish is too good not to go and purchase and reading most of the comments on here it surprises me that I think people would be surprised how talented he actually is if he was purchased by us
I don’t think Grealish is better than Brooks personally. At the very least in the long run, I think Brooks has every chance of being the better player.

As for the rest, they aren’t United players for me. Most especially that lesbian Cantwell.

croadyman

There was a United Stand interview between James Cooper and Flex today. I was a bit surprised there wasn't any quotes from it in this thread afterwards

I am no good at pasting any tweets in here so if anyone has information from it feel free to post it

ehsanul

Bestower of favours
There was a United Stand interview between James Cooper and Flex today. I was a bit surprised there wasn't any quotes from it in this thread afterwards

I am no good at pasting any tweets in here so if anyone has information from it feel free to post it
What did both say?

croadyman

What did both say?
Just that he said deals for both Sancho & Grealish are still very possible. He also feels that Utd's recruitment and coaching is definitely improving.

Another interesting bit was him saying he thinks City ban will end up being reduced to 1 year.

Also discovered that he is a big Ipswich Town fan and so quite enjoyed the budgies (yeah he really said that) getting beat by us on Sat.

If you want to watch the rest of the interview just search United Stand on youtube it's on there

Last edited:

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Is a weird one isnt it Gomes and personally I dont blame him leaving. How long ago was that great cameo debut now? He does look a genuine talent and as others said, didnt do much in hi soppurtunities but they have been few and far between.

You do have to wonder just why the likes of Chong have got more opportunities than him from the youngsters and why Perreira, Lingard and even Mata played so often too.

Weird if he is goin gto Chelsea or Barcelona though as probably even less likely to get games than here currently
The biggest difference I'm seeing now when it comes to our youngsters, and how the youngsters came through under SAF is that back then if a reserve player joined the first 11, he was played alongside first team players. They didn't say "ok Giggs, Beckham, Scholes, etc...go prove yourself with our bench players". They said, "Ok boys, go play with Eric, Roy, Dennis, and Steve". Now when we give a player like Gomes a game, he is playing alongside other reserve players. Rashford was very fortunate in this way, because when he was given his chance it was because we had an injury crisis up front. So when he debuted, it was alongside all our best available players. I don't think he would be the player he is today if he was just put in for cup games alongside other average players...

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron

Finally! I think your analyze is spot on and I honestly think that Grealish for a fee of approximately £50m is great value.

We need more players who can hold on to the ball in thigh situations. The ability to dribble past his opponent and deliver vertical passes inside the final third is one of the key aspects to unlock defensive teams. Jack Grealish would fit in perfectly alongside Pogba and Bruno and give us vertical threats from all over the pitch.

Slysi17

Grealish is a much better player than all of them.
Not Donny Van De Beek. Are you having a laugh. Donny Van De beek was a huge part in Ajax in making the semis in the champions league last season. While Grealish's only achievement was getting Villa promoted to the premier league. Van De Beek any day of the week for me.

onemanarmy

Not Donny Van De Beek. Are you having a laugh. Donny Van De beek was a huge part in Ajax in making the semis in the champions league last season. While Grealish's only achievement was getting Villa promoted to the premier league. Van De Beek any day of the week for me.
Disagree. Grealish would do much better for us I think. There were much more talented players in that Ajax squad.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
All these figures are confusing. They should just made known how much each club stands to profit/loss from both sales
Juventus did. €41M profit off Pjanic
One of the worst deals I've seen, I have no idea why Barcelona accept this. Changing Arthur who's 22-23 years old for Pjanic who's 30 and theyre pretty much on the same level with Arthur only improving and Pjanic declining soon, I mean wtf :confused: :confused: :confused:
Because they needed the money. Also because they seemingly aren't happy with Arthur's off pitch life -seems like he's a party animal- and finally they aren't sure about his tactical fit

That said swapping him for Pjanic, who has the same problem of tactical fit, and is 30, stinks of desperation on their part

cyberman

The biggest difference I'm seeing now when it comes to our youngsters, and how the youngsters came through under SAF is that back then if a reserve player joined the first 11, he was played alongside first team players. They didn't say "ok Giggs, Beckham, Scholes, etc...go prove yourself with our bench players". They said, "Ok boys, go play with Eric, Roy, Dennis, and Steve". Now when we give a player like Gomes a game, he is playing alongside other reserve players. Rashford was very fortunate in this way, because when he was given his chance it was because we had an injury crisis up front. So when he debuted, it was alongside all our best available players. I don't think he would be the player he is today if he was just put in for cup games alongside other average players...
This isnt true. Sir Alex always played youth players together in cup games while resting first team players.
Paul didnt make his league debut until he was 20 years old. I think Beckham was 21 when he made his.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Some people will be surprised how good David Brooks will be it seems

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Think most people just see that he's been out most of the year, but I think he's looked great on his return and would be delighted if we go for him.

jesperjaap

Yes it definately has been harder for younger players the last few years as more pressure to it the ground running and also not so much experience to learn from

cj_sparky

He's been out injured for a while, had two operations on his ankle in that time. I think he is a talent, but everyone is going to be a little cautious and see how he comes back.

jesperjaap

I don’t think Grealish is better than Brooks personally. At the very least in the long run, I think Brooks has every chance of being the better player.

As for the rest, they aren’t United players for me. Most especially that lesbian Cantwell.
Is just opinion isnt it, brooks did look good before his injury technically. I just think the ability Grealish has to ghost past players from a standing position epsecially is something that would be huge for us as we just dont really have that. Pogba can do it more with a case of his strength but all of our other attacking players are more doing so from using there pace. Why we are good on the break and really not so good when teams sit behind the ball. Mourinho said it himself the other day.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
That's BS. No way United would be that dumb to offer 50 million for Sancho and expect it to be accepted, better off not embarrassing ourselves and just not offer. Dortmund can easily get that much next year as Sancho's contract ends in 2022.

The whole world knows how much Dortmund value Sancho right now (100+) so we will have to fork out atleast that much to get him this summer.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Probably just some sort of negotiating strategy, we'll know Sancho's value as well as anyone.
I think the same. I think it's a very deliberate ploy by United which is a tactic used by many clubs around Europe.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
This means we're actually interested in signing him, so id take it. This is the club trying to negotiate a reasonable price, im sure we are expecting to pay above 50 million. Besides, sky havent been the most accurate with transfer talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.