Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
No words.
Why even call him a target if you want him for that price?
We paid 30m more for Maguire ffs,
The same reason Dortmund are insisting they won’t accept less than £120m+ for him.

The truth will be somewhere in between.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Surely Chelsea need to think about offloading about 10 players. Their squad is bloated. Maybe it’s a case of getting in who they want so they can drive their own price for outgoing players with no pressure, but there have a massive amount of players now all looking to play.

Walters_19_MuFc

Sancho valued at 50M by us, post COVID or not, is just ridiculous. Of course it could all be nonsense. Hopefully it is, because no way will 50M be anywhere enough to get him.

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
They actually managed to get him for less than 50m€. Brilliant deal for Bayern.

Bojan11

Glad Sane has left. He was a dangerous player for them and they missed him this season.

Lee565

Bayern a clever gits, they have form for snooping around around players when they have a year left on their contract and try to either get a really good cheap deal for them or convince the player to see out the contract and join them for free.

RedNed77

The biggest difference I'm seeing now when it comes to our youngsters, and how the youngsters came through under SAF is that back then if a reserve player joined the first 11, he was played alongside first team players. They didn't say "ok Giggs, Beckham, Scholes, etc...go prove yourself with our bench players". They said, "Ok boys, go play with Eric, Roy, Dennis, and Steve". Now when we give a player like Gomes a game, he is playing alongside other reserve players. Rashford was very fortunate in this way, because when he was given his chance it was because we had an injury crisis up front. So when he debuted, it was alongside all our best available players. I don't think he would be the player he is today if he was just put in for cup games alongside other average players...
Giggs debuted in 1990, Viv Anderson & Neil Webb we’re still playing for us. Scholes debuted against Port vale in the league cup with a largely second string and scored twice. Both were substantially better players than Angel Gomes will ever be.

NJM78

apart from we got a really good deal with Bruno...
We did but we should have bought him in the summer and we would have top four sorted and not just hoping to scrape it. However we bought him out of necessity when both Pogba and McTominay were injured otherwise I feel we would have probably waited and tried to sign him this summer for even less.

I don't think we can afford to wait until January or next year to sign Sancho, others better than us will also want him, so hopefully we get it done and not risk other signings not
being made either in order to chase him all window. We are far from challenging for the title so really do need to address the holes in our team, starting with the obvious RW/FWD.

Walters_19_MuFc

Wonder if that's why we're saying we want Sancho for such a low price too?
Possibly, but it's a silly approach if that's what we're doing because a player is worth what their club values them at. Dortmund obviously value Sancho a lot more than City value Sane.

That being said, the price being touted for Sane - if true, is a fantastic piece of business by Bayern.

Walters_19_MuFc

I think Grealish would go to City
If they're (City) going to buy a winger, I can guarantee they'll want someone with pace.

City now have Sterling, Mahrez, Bernardo and Foden that occupy in the wing positions. The latter two, in my opinion, are being groomed as David Silva replacements, and I can imagine the two will mainly play in the 8 positions with De Bruyne. That leaves Pep with Sterling and Mahrez as the proper wingers, if you like.

If you look at the season where Pep walked the league, he had blistering pace in Sane and Sterling on the wings. They lack a bit of that cutting edge now.

Ideally, a left-winger, as Mahrez and Bernardo are more suited to the left, as with Sterling on the right.

Wingers: Sterling, Mahrez, New Winger, Bernardo
Number 8: De Bruyne, Bernando, Foden, Gundogan
Number 6: Rodri, Fernandinho, Gundogan

jamesjimmybyrondean

If they're (City) going to buy a winger, I can guarantee they'll want someone with pace.

City now have Sterling, Mahrez, Bernardo and Foden that occupy in the wing positions. The latter two, in my opinion, are being groomed as David Silva replacements, and I can imagine the two will mainly play in the 8 positions with De Bruyne. That leaves Pep with Sterling and Mahrez as the proper wingers, if you like.

If you look at the season where Pep walked the league, he had blistering pace in Sane and Sterling on the wings. They lack a bit of that cutting edge now.

Ideally, a left-winger, as Mahrez and Bernardo are more suited to the left, as with Sterling on the right.

Wingers: Sterling, Mahrez, New Winger, Bernardo
Number 8: De Bruyne, Bernando, Foden, Gundogan
Number 6: Rodri, Fernandinho, Gundogan
City transfer news has been quiet. Have they been linked with any winger that fits your description?

Rolaholic

I envy these Bavarian bastards so bloody much...

Their monopoly of German football will never ever cease it seems

Champagne Football

Yes, so he's entering the final year after this summer no? That means this is the only summer to get a decent fee.
Well it depends. Can't compare him to Sane because Sane does not really get much gametime at City so his value would be lower. Next summer the likes of Chelsea and City might be interested so if there's a bidding war then the price will stay high next year. But yes you're right, this next window is Dortmund best chance to sell for the highest possible amount.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München

I envy these Bavarian bastards so bloody much...

Their monopoly of German football will never ever cease it seems
More than half of those names came from Spain and England, actually.
Of course BM's pull in Germany which allowed paying feck all for Lewandowski still enabled one of the best transfer moves of this century.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Manchester City have agreed a fee with Bayern Munich for the transfer of Leroy Sane.

Sane's contract with the Blues was set to expire next summer and Pep Guardiola confirmed the winger had rejected their offer of a new deal.

Bayern have courted Sane for over a year and will pay €49million up front with €11million in add-ons which takes the deal to £54.8m.

From M.E.N.

Rolaholic

More than half of those names came from Spain and England, actually.
Of course BM's pull in Germany which allowed paying feck all for Lewandowski still enabled one of the best transfer moves of this century.
Half of the ones mentioned joined from outside Germany.

And? They're going to contribute to another 8 straight title winning teams is my point which = a complete and total monopoly of German football

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
And? They're going to contribute to another 8 straight title winning teams is my point :lol:
Ah, I thought you meant (transfer) monopoly, which is a thing I often read on here. And which of course has some truth to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.