Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

passing-wind

That's an incredible valuation, a player who on form is one of the best of his generation. Bayern once again showing that when there are football people and not business minded individuals in the right positions you can get good strategic value.

SAFMUTD

apart from we got a really good deal with Bruno...
Not the point, the thing is we went up and down and around for 5 months and end up paying what sporting wanted.

For the record I dont care how much we pay as long as the players perform.

croadyman

I think Grealish would go to City
Only thing is Utd will probably have to sell players in order to raise cash for Grealish whereas City probably won't need to do that due to their bottomless pit, if Utd want to sign him that badly then they will make a move if Villa get relegated which looks highly likely right now.

Hopefully Ole knows which players he wants to sell this summer because need to move quickly when window opens,especially now that City will have that Sane money too.

Really hoping they get banned for a year from champions league because that would tip the balance right in our favour.

Last edited:

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

I envy these Bavarian bastards so bloody much...

Their monopoly of German football will never ever cease it seems
Barca signed Messi, Busquets, Pique for less money than they paid for Gnabry.
or they signed Messi, Busquets, Pique, Rakitic, Umtiti, Ter Stegen, Jordi Alba for around same money as Bayern paid for Renato Sanches (35 million upto 80 million, no idea what all clauses)

You can always select players to make any point. They are good in market, no doubt about it.

Baneofthegame

Barca signed Messi, Busquets, Pique for less money than they paid for Gnabry.
or they signed Messi, Busquets, Pique, Rakitic, Umtiti, Ter Stegen, Jordi Alba for around same money as Bayern paid for Renato Sanches (35 million upto 80 million, no idea what all clauses)

You can always select players to make any point. They are good in market, no doubt about it.
It’s such a ridiculous quote.

I also forgot Kluivert was at Roma.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich

To the shock of absolutely no one Bayern officially announced the signing of Kouassi.

Pavl3n

Seems to be with add ons included. €49m plus €11m
So 60 million euro with the addons for Sane.
I kind of get why we came up and said we won't pay more than £50m.
If Sane costs Bayern £54.8m then I don't think Sancho should cost us more than £75m.
Bruno who we knew is tearing up a similar level league was priced at £50m or so, if I remember correctly.

I'm really starting to get the feeling that there is some brain left in the board and we are trying to negotiate more acceptable transfer fees. Addopting a different transfer strategy. Rid of Lingard, Smalling, Rojo, Jones, Sanchez for a total of £35m and then Sancho isn't that big of an investment. But that's just pure speculation. Let's see what happens.

Bruno - £50m; Timo Werner £50m; Sane - £55m
Should most recent transfer fees sway Sancho's price down?

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Bruno - £50m; Timo Werner £50m; Sane - £55m
Should most recent transfer fees sway Sancho's price down?
Werner had a release clause and Sané one year left and he is coming of a serious injury. Those are apples to the Sancho orange.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Has Twitter increased the font size of their embedded tweets or something? Sorry for off-topic but it looks silly.

tenpoless

Has Twitter increased the font size of their embedded tweets or something? Sorry for off-topic but it looks silly.
I use two sites that embed tweets, Caf and the other one.
On both sites embedded tweets' font look bigger than usual. So yeah, most likely it's twitter that did it.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Werner had a release clause and Sané one year left and he is coming of a serious injury. Those are apples to the Sancho orange.
Plus they're all completely different clubs. Dortmund need Sancho money more than City need Sane money etc.

yeah I noticed it too, the font doesn’t look big on Twitter it’s only when you post it on here it looks really big.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Why would Partey go to Arsenal? They’ll be lucky if they get Europa league next season. Need a huge rebuild, and have no money. He’d be a good signing for them, and maybe the wages on offer is enough and they are the only club seriously in for him. But at 27 it’s probably his last big move, and I struggle to comprehend why he’s want to make it to a club in the early stages of what seems like a permanent transition, and where he’s unlikely to win anything. It’s hard to see Arsenal even get in the CL in the next 2-3 years at least. That would require them to finish above at least one if United, Chelsea, Liverpool and City. Not to mention the other challengers. For a club that’s anchored their immediate defensive future to Luiz, Holding and Soares, that seems like a big ask.

Pavl3n

Plus they're all completely different clubs. Dortmund need Sancho money more than City need Sane money etc.
So do you think we'll still have to fork out 100+ to land him?
Can't we pay Mino 10m to come and throw some chairs around so we get it done?

GBBQ

So do you think we'll still have to fork out 100+ to land him?
Can't we pay Mino 10m to come and throw some chairs around so we get it done?
I really don't see us spending 100 mil+ outright on a single player with the way the Pandemic has caused such uncertainty in the market. I don't think any club will pay it and so Dortmund will need to concede a little or take players as part of the deal.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
I really don't see us spending 100 mil+ outright on a single player with the way the Pandemic has caused such uncertainty in the market. I don't think any club will pay it and so Dortmund will need to concede a little or take players as part of the deal.
Or he will simply stay for another season at Dortmund. Shocking thought, I know. :lol:

El Presidente

If only Arsenal are interested, as it seems to be the case, there's probably a good reason. He looks good to me, not amazing, but it says a lot how little competition Arsenal seemingly have to get him.
The same was said about Aubameyang. He turned out fine.

Kostov

He might want to stay at Arsenal? Crazy concept, I know.
I was referring to Partey. With Saka I can understand since we have other options and already a good talent in Williams for the LB role.

If only Arsenal are interested, as it seems to be the case, there's probably a good reason. He looks good to me, not amazing, but it says a lot how little competition Arsenal seemingly have to get him.
I think that's never a good argument. There are so many examples when there is very little competition in players yet they turn top signings. Bruno for one is a great example in which we got a top player for peanuts it seems.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Can't understand for the love of God why aren't we signing this guy.
Strongly doubt we can offer him the same game-time plus he was just entering the final year right? Unsure if we were able to tap him up just yet anyway.

Kostov

Strongly doubt we can offer him the same game-time plus he was just entering the final year right? Unsure if we were able to tap him up just yet anyway.
It was in relation the the second part, about Arsenal signing Partey. I think he is quality and could improve us massively.

Status
Not open for further replies.