Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

onemanarmy

Imagine selling Lingard, Jones, Rojo, Sanchez, Smalling in one window... That's a shitload of wages. And we already got rid of Lukaku, Darmian, Young and Valencia.

Tiber

Moyeseh would immediately slot past Mourinho in my esteem if he manages to do a solid and rid us of Jones and Lingard after beating Chelsea last week :lol: :lol:
An overpaid West Ham flop.... Lingard was born to play this role.

Robertd0803

Moyeseh would immediately slot past Mourinho in my esteem if he manages to do a solid and rid us of Jones and Lingard after beating Chelsea last week :lol: :lol:
Having to hope West Ham dont get relegated to get rid of these two may be the lesser of two evils.

RUCK4444

Having to hope West Ham dont get relegated to get rid of these two may be the lesser of two evils.
Aahhhh no that hurts my brain. My constant want for West Ham to be relegated vs the need to rid the pseudo-footballers at our own club... this will take a lot of serious thought. :nervous:

Edit; No I thought about it, I'd still vote for West Ham to be relegated.

Last edited:

Tiber

Signing both would give us some serious depth going forward. Have to admit I do worry what happens if Bruno ever got hurt, we don't have anyone to step in

Walters_19_MuFc

Yeah he is mostly. I reckon he gets gassed really easily, as he's all about those sprints. He genuinely tore us a new one way back at the start of the season, coming on in the second half.

Good player but £80m will be excellent business for Wolves.
He's definitely not a super sub. Granted, he has been eased in since lockdown, where he's started 2 of 4 games, Traore has made 24 apps this season in the Premier League, with only 8 of those coming from the bench.

diarm

I've a mate who's a Villa fan and is absolutely raging at that sky sports article.

It is a bit of a dick move in fairness to him - Sky are supposed to show some semblance of bipartisanism and they're showing the Villa club captain in a United shirt, 2 days before we play them and while they're stuck in a relegation battle for survival.

stevoc

You just know for a fact if Jones goes to West Ham he will be brilliant and look like a fantastic player after the years of dross he give us.
Couldn't give a feck if he does, if he does well fair play to him. All i know is he's been mediocre here (when fit) for a decade so time for him to move on.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Wilshere and Jones in the same team? They'll be getting their money's worth with the physios.
I'd be buzzing if we got both Sancho and Grealish. Two top English talents.
Same! Them two added to MMM and that could be the best attack we've had since 08/09.

Tiber

I've a mate who's a Villa fan and is absolutely raging at that sky sports article.

It is a bit of a dick move in fairness to him - Sky are supposed to show some semblance of bipartisanism and they're showing the Villa club captain in a United shirt, 2 days before we play them and while they're stuck in a relegation battle for survival.
If a photoshopped image on twitter puts them off? They might as well give up now

Rolaholic

I'd be buzzing if we got both Sancho and Grealish. Two top English talents.
It would be an absolute coup and quite the drastic upgrade on our attacking options post-Fergie.

Definitely think it could rival Citehs collection of forwards under Pep.

Grealish should be cheaper with Villa about to drop so if there's any chance of getting both in,I'd hope we would pounce at it.

Robbie Savage was saying over the weekend that if he were Grealish and had a chance to join us even if it were as a bench option, he'd do it in a heartbeat.

croadyman

Yeah we would definitely be talking statue territory if he took those two players off our hands

croadyman

It would be an absolute coup and quite the drastic upgrade on our attacking options post-Fergie.

Definitely think it could rival Citehs collection of forwards under Pep.

Grealish should be cheaper with Villa about to drop so if there's any chance of getting both in,I'd hope we would pounce at it.

Robbie Savage was saying over the weekend that if he were Grealish and had a chance to join us even if it were as a bench option, he'd do it in a heartbeat.
Wonder if Whitwell will change his tune on this one or remain adamant that we were only signing Grealish if Pogba got sold

Silas

Signing both would give us some serious depth going forward. Have to admit I do worry what happens if Bruno ever got hurt, we don't have anyone to step in
Pogba surely? With Fred stepping in as the other #8.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I can’t understand why Moyes would look at Jones, who has not been able to stay fit for a decade, and Lingard, who looks absolutely lost and doesn’t produce goals or assists, at all, and decide they are two of his best options for the summer.

If money is paid for these two and Sanchez, it’s a quality summer before anyone is even signed.

sparx99

Not sure Sky ever think about upsetting fans. I’ve seen that bloody Agueroooo ad way too many times and you know it will be back to advertise next season again.

Tiber

Pogba surely? With Fred stepping in as the other #8.
Yea, Pogba's United career/role pre-Bruno was universally applauded and respected.

I also suspect that Madrid come in for Pogba again this summer.

Rish Sawhney

I can’t understand why Moyes would look at Jones, who has not been able to stay fit for a decade, and Lingard, who looks absolutely lost and doesn’t produce goals or assists, at all, and decide they are two of his best options for the summer.

If money is paid for these two and Sanchez, it’s a quality summer before anyone is even signed.
Didn’t he sign McNair and Love from us even though none of them showed any promise either? I mean Jones and Lingard are England internationals so have to be considered miles above those two.

Maluco

Didn’t he sign McNair and Love from us even though none of them showed any promise either?
Haha he did, but surely this would be on another level. Especially when you consider that no one improves by going to West Ham!

I can’t see a scenario where Lingard goes to West Ham, of all places, and starts to play well.

Spark

He's definitely not a super sub. Granted, he has been eased in since lockdown, where he's started 2 of 4 games, Traore has made 24 apps this season in the Premier League, with only 8 of those coming from the bench.
Yeah fair enough, however I reckon when you include the games he's been subbed off it's likely he's only lasted 90 mins around 50% of the time.

Either way, £80m is an absolute piss take price. (Not that I actually believe he'd ever go for that).

IrishMcD

After all these years he’s still trying to win over the United fans :lol:
For being such a wonderful manager, if he actually pays a transfer fee to take those two off our hands, we could throw in Rojo for free to show our appreciation. Maybe Sanchez might fancy a move back to London. Come on Moyesey, ya know you want to...

RedDevilRoshi

Yea, Pogba's United career/role pre-Bruno was universally applauded and respected.

If they are struggling to afford Donny Van De Beek, do you really think they will be able to afford Pogba?

Silas

What the media says is irrelevant. He was by far our best player (and on form, one of the best in Europe) when he played as the most advanced midfielder under Ole.

:confused: Based on nothing.

Robertd0803

Aahhhh no that hurts my brain. My constant want for West Ham to be relegated vs the need to rid the pseudo-footballers at our own club... this will take a lot of serious thought. :nervous:

Edit; No I thought about it, I'd still vote for West Ham to be relegated.

Yeah Im the same. You would just hope there would be another team daft enough to want Jones as well.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
It would make employing Moyes for that season worth it if that happens

Mr Smith

Lingard would be a good player for most mid to lower table PL teams, he's just dreadfully short of form and confidence. He's not good enough for us but I'm expecting him to do well at his next club.

Maluco

Lingard would be a good player for most mid to lower table PL teams, he's just dreadfully short of form and confidence. He's not good enough for us but I'm expecting him to do well at his next club.
I understand that point of view, but I think he has been poor for far longer than he has been any good. I think it’s been too long now to suggest that this is form and not his genuine level.

I could be wrong, but I think he is very limited and apart from a purple patch years ok, hasn’t really shown the required ability on the ball to consistently contribute in the Premier League.

I would be very surprised if he went on to have a good stint at another PL club.

roseguy64

Just had a quick look at Bailey’s Wiki because of the talk of Jamaican descent etc.

What on earth happened with his guardian vanishing in Mexico for four months?! Leaving Genk to look after the kids.... then suddenly re-appearing and getting a job with Genk?!

Bailey’s history before having a professional contract is mad.
When you consider he tried to bargain Bailey's appearing for the national team to get his son also called up then you realise what kind of guy you're dealing with.

Status
Not open for further replies.