Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thiagoal

Hmmm interesting that is coming from someone who has many followers in twitter but not a journo
Wouldn’t have posted it but Kilduff has some great connections in and around the club and is followed by ex United players and journalists

stu_1992

That would be brilliant. It would do Chong the world of good to play there for a year. I don't believe it.
Would it though? I doubt Dortmund would be content to give us Sancho and then take Chong and not sign anyone else to play that position too. It would only be a good move if he was going to play regularly, and I seriously doubt they see Chong as a viable replacement. Not every young player that goes to Dortmund comes out of it looking better. We only have to look at our own Januzaj as an example of when it doesn't work.

ninjaskill

Gent chairman Ivan de Witte confirms that Leeds have made a better offer for Jonathan David than Lille have.

Full translated quotes:

So it appears that David name-dropped Lille once he knew about their interest. He does want to leave for sure, and I only hope as a Canadian United fan that he leaves for any team other than Leeds.
Wonder if that means they’re confident that they won’t have to buy jean Kevin Augustin as if they have to get him that’s a lot on strikers

GwilDor

Only way i see the Chong rumour being true is if its a sale with a buy-back clause that Dortmund could profit from. Otherwise it makes no sense for Dortmund.

Alemar

I wouldnt touch Sahin nor Capoue with a stick, we should stay clear of those no where near the quality. Tonali is really promising, but he wont leave Italy.
Why on Earth Tonali would not leave Italy? He is a footballer, and for footballers it’s normal to move countries - and even more so if your team has been relegated

GorgeousGeorge

There are much better players than Grealish available at half the price in leagues across Europe. Look at how well Allain St. Max has done for Newcastle. He's the kind of option available for about 20m (probably less now with pandemic pricing) in France, Spain and Italy. No sense to go for Grealish at anything above 50 when our attack is already good enough if we get Sancho.
He is English, knows the league, was captain of a huge club at a young age and basically was the man man and all the play goes through him. If you read the reports, he is first in and last out every day at training etc.

I see Grealish as our Bernardo Silva; a great option from the bench that’s also good enough to be a starter should the main men be injured, versatile across many positions etc.

Please enlighten me on who ALL these players are across Europe that we should take instead that ‘would’ be a better/safer bet.

Giggsyking

You sound like Klopp..." I'll never spend money like that!" :lol:

Ends up spending money like that....
I wont be sad if we spend the money on Sancho, he is a generational talent, but I am afraid if we spend 110m on him, we wont be signing anyone else.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

Manchester United dreams of forming a Pogba-Fernandes-Milinkovic-Savic midfielder!

SAFMUTD

Why on Earth Tonali would not leave Italy? He is a footballer, and for footballers it’s normal to move countries - and even more so if your team has been relegated
do you know many italians footballers that have left Italy? Im not saying its impossible but they very much preffer to stay there. Also apparently he is and Inter fan and they want him so...

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Manchester United dreams of forming a Pogba-Fernandes-Milinkovic-Savic midfielder!
I'm not surprised that Foot Mercato came up with that. Of course, now that Milinkovic-Savic is starting to perform better, they decide to link him to United.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Milik has been linked away from Napoli for a while, but now his links to Juve are strengthening.

Bonus tweet (consider this mere speculation):

To clear up the tweet for those who find it confusing, Milik signed for Jay Z's Roc Nation as Napoli are okay with signing away the players' image rights. Juve, however, would rather have control over them, and a deal for Milik may involve an unwated player (Bernardeschi?) going the other way to make this possible).

Correction:
It is the opposite: Bernardeschi signed to Jay Z and is Napoli that wants to manage his own players image rights. There is a joke in Italy on Napoli contracts, 300 pages long on image rights details.

Last edited:

Alemar

do you know many italians footballers that have left Italy? Im not saying its impossible but they very much preffer to stay there. Also apparently he is and Inter fan and they want him so...
In his position? Veratti, and he did quite well abroad.
Besides, whom does he plan to play with in Brescia, some no name shit midfielders? Not good for development. Here, he will play with Pogba et al

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Kumbulla's links to Inter are also getting stronger.

Translation:
Inter are still in contact with Verona for Marash Kumbulla. Inter are considering including young striker Edoardo Vergani (who likes Hellas) into the deal.

SAFMUTD

In his position? Veratti, and he did quite well abroad.
Veratti and Jorginho, thats all I can think about. Italians are not like Spaniards or French, theyre like English and tend to stay in their country more often than not.

Suedesi

Veratti and Jorginho, thats all I can think about. Italians are not like Spaniards or French, theyre like English and tend to stay in their country more often than not.
And Jorginho is really a Brazilian who moved to Italy at the age of 15 and became a naturalized Italian.

Can't think of many Italians that have done very well abroad - maybe Vieri when he was at Atletico is the only example I can think of - a player in their prime choosing to play abroad. Even then it was only for a season, before Inter came knocking.

nyanza

And his name is probably giving it away but Jorginho is not Italian, he moved there in his teens.

piesel

Milik has been linked away from Napoli for a while, but now his links to Juve are strengthening.

To clear up the tweet for those who find it confusing, Milik signed for Jay Z's Roc Nation as Napoli are okay with signing away the players' image rights. Juve, however, would rather have control over them, and a deal for Milik may involve an unwated player (Bernardeschi?) going the other way to make this possible).
It is the opposite: Bernardeschi signed to Jay Z and is Napoli that wants to manage his own players image rights. There is a joke in Italy on Napoli contracts, 300 pages long on image rights details.

Status
Not open for further replies.