Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

RUCK4444

Cheap fecks. Maybe we should have him back?
This as well. Can't stand these penny pinching Italian teams.

I knew they would try this after having him for a year on loan. 'Oh please let us have him for nothing, go on, he's been here a year and he's all settled' blah blah

Teja

I'm sure any newly promoted PL club will easily pay that money to get a defender of Smalling's quality. He can easily start week in week out for a Top half PL side.

cyberman

I'm sure any newly promoted PL club will easily pay that money to get a defender of Smalling's quality. He can easily start week in week out for a Top half PL side.
Even glance at an Italian player and theyre screaming to the press about 100m valuations.
Get fecked

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
If Smalling was put in a mid table side or a team towards the bottom of the Prem and asked to just purely defend and clear the ball, he'd be among the best player for any of those clubs.

There should be a scramble for him from any side at that level that don't try to play from the back. Imo.

Dazzmondo

We should just keep Smalling. He was probably the best cb in Serie A this season and even £18m is outright insulting for someone who just had such a great season. They can have Rojo for £18m if they want

GDaly95

We should just keep Smalling. He was probably the best cb in Serie A this season and even £18m is outright insulting for someone who just had such a great season. They can have Rojo for £18m if they want
Have you seen our insistence on passing out from the back though?

With Lindelof and Maguire doing it its been quite dodgy, I can't even imagine the calamity if we try to get Smalling doing the same thing.

Good player but he just isn't a fit.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I thought it was taboo for Napoli to sell to Juve?

Especially after Higuain?
I'm not sure if Napoli would necessarily want to sell to Juve anyways, but in this case, Milik hasn't been starting for them for a while, and all of the murmurs via the Serie A English commentators have been that Napoli are looking to sell him. Now that they have Osimhen, I struggle to see how Milik can get a look into the Napoli side.

Dazzmondo

Have you seen our insistence on passing out from the back though?

With Lindelof and Maguire doing it its been quite dodgy, I can't even imagine the calamity if we try to get Smalling doing the same thing.

Good player but he just isn't a fit.
A fair point but I'd still rather have him as a backup knowing he can at least defend well when we need to bring him into the team than sell him for such a ridiculously low price.

Can always just give him the instruction "just pass it to the other cb, you just defend"

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
This Aubameyang renewal saga is getting dragged on now. If Auba's happy at Arsenal, and Arsenal are willing to keep him, then surely the problem here has to be the money on offer. His preference to play for non-English clubs confirms that he has no issues with Arsenal themselves.

GDaly95

A fair point but I'd still rather have him as a backup knowing he can at least defend well when we need to bring him into the team than sell him for such a ridiculously low price.

Can always just give him the instruction "just pass it to the other cb, you just defend"
I think its very easy for the opposition to press in a way that puts Smalling in serious trouble.

I actually think its a shame because he really is a fantastic defender. Maybe in the right kind of game he could be used, against a lesser side with a big man up top that don't base their game on pressing. Just not sure if its best for us or him if he stays. Time to move forward I think.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
More info on the recent breakdown between Arsenal and Atletico Madrid for Partey:

Their 2nd offer after their 1st one two weeks ago was with the exact same amount but with Guendouzi instead. I don't get why Arsenal would think that they can get him without being anywhere near the release clause.

El-Manos

More info on the recent breakdown between Arsenal and Atletico Madrid for Partey:

Their 2nd offer after their 1st one two weeks ago was with the exact same amount but with Guendouzi instead. I don't get why Arsenal would think that they can get him without being anywhere near the release clause.
They’re fairly broke, aren’t they :lol:

Craig Ward

Smalling had his time here, its time for us to part ways.

He doesnt fit into ole's plans, he never will become the player we want him to be.

He isnt good enough. End of

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal

This is going to be another shit, embarrassing transfer window.

M4YON

This is going to be another shit, embarrassing transfer window.
The amount they charge for season tickets and the fact they've barely splurged in the market in many, many years you would think they would have the money to spend when needed, where does it all go?

GDaly95

The amount they charge for season tickets and the fact they've barely splurged in the market in many, many years you would think they would have the money to spend when needed, where does it all go?
Season ticket money is hardly even a drop in the water for big clubs in terms of revenue tbf. It wouldn't even pay one weeks worth of player wages.

MichaelRed

Season ticket money is hardly even a drop in the water for big clubs in terms of revenue tbf. It wouldn't even pay one weeks worth of player wages.
Arsenal have 44,000 season ticket holders, prices ranging from 1-3k. Even if all of them were just 1k then that's 44m a season. That's most definitely more than a week of player wages.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
We actually have splurged in the last 4 or 5 years, it's just we've wasted it on shite. We may charge lots for tickets but our commercial revenue is really poor for a club of our size (thanks Gazidis), and when you combine that with a bloated wage bill and no CL football for the last 4 years you end up with the scenario where we're desperately making embarrassing bids every transfer window.

Jimmy Greenhoff's Chest

Can't see him on the blacklist, tweet from Alfredo Pedulla (Italian journalist but not sure who for) says Roma reduced their offer because they're convinced Smalling only wants to go to them, but Juve, Inter, Napoli have all expressed interest. Apologies, I can't post tweets.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
They’re fairly broke, aren’t they :lol:
I mean we are but since there doesn't seem to be any other club in the running and the window just opened, we can only try and get a good deal. No real need to sign a 50M cheque on day 1. If we can save 15/20M and get rid of someone we don't want anymore, it's worth waiting.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
This Aubameyang renewal saga is getting dragged on now. If Auba's happy at Arsenal, and Arsenal are willing to keep him, then surely the problem here has to be the money on offer. His preference to play for non-English clubs confirms that he has no issues with Arsenal themselves.
I think he genuinely wants to stay even without Europe but that would definitely means a bit more money. And why shouldnt he wait a few weeks ?
EL+250k pw / No Europe and say 280k pw / Or just leave to Inter, Juve or any club able that really wants him and can pay the 30/40M we would ask for him.
He's got all the cards in his hands and he knows it. It's not getting dragged on, our season ends in a week.

El-Manos

I mean we are but since there doesn't seem to be any other club in the running and the window just opened, we can only try and get a good deal. No real need to sign a 50M cheque on day 1. If we can save 15/20M and get rid of someone we don't want anymore, it's worth waiting.
Providing they go for it mate. United love to haggle over prices too but we always end up paying whatever the selling club initially demanded.

Silverman

Should we not be after Partay?
Haven't seen much of him but have heard good things.

SATA

Should we not be after Partay?
Haven't seen much of him but have heard good things.
I think he’s not an Ole type of player. He doesn’t want purely a destroyer from what i read. Which i have no idea of because i have not seen the lad play at all. He likes a DM who is good and composed on the ball too like a Carrick or Matic

peridigm

Smalling had his time here, its time for us to part ways.

He doesnt fit into ole's plans, he never will become the player we want him to be.

He isnt good enough. End of
I agree with all points and was glad he moved on. Fast forward a season and we’re stuck with Jones and Bailly as backup, both of which can’t stay fit for more than two matches.

I think Smalling wanted a move because he was not going to be a starter. If he was okay with being backup I’d have him back if we got rid of the other deadwood. We still need to look for another starting CB though .

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
There is some irony in that. But I guess it works for all parties. I'm sure Jesse knows himself that based on this season so far he's not going to have a lot of choices of the level of club he probably wants to end up at. If he's motivated - I can see this paying off.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Lingard has been the subject of interest from clubs across Europe, including Roma in Italy and Borussia Monchengladbach in Germany. Newcastle United are believed to have shown interest but he will wait until after the Europa League campaign to make a decision over his future.

United are open to selling him this summer as they are in contention to sign Jadon Sancho and Jack Grealish, both of whom play in the same position as Lingard.

Walters_19_MuFc

Villa owes a lot to Grealish. Could have easily left a couple of seasons ago, but he helped them secure promotion to the Premier League. Now, he has played a massive part in them staying in the Premier League.

I understand they will want the money to rebuild if they lose him, but anything unrealistic will end his hopes of playing with a top 6 club.

Based on recent transfers and the current situation, Villa should be happy with 40M for Grealish.

Amarsdd

Villa owes a lot to Grealish. Could have easily left a couple of seasons ago, but he helped them secure promotion to the Premier League. Now, he has played a massive part in them staying in the Premier League.

I understand they will want the money to rebuild if they lose him, but anything unrealistic will end his hopes of playing with a top 6 club.

Based on recent transfers and the current situation, Villa should be happy with 40M for Grealish.
that's also my thought process. If we really go for him and Grealish wants to come here then deal could be done for around 50m+add ons of about 10-15m.

Status
Not open for further replies.