Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Smith

Cheap cnuts. Good on us for not letting up. He’s had a good season and is well worth what we’re asking for.
Feel for Smalling though. He did well there and probably wanted to stay. We'll probably sell him to a PL team now.

Really rich how these clubs in Italy will charge outrageous amounts whenever we show interest in their players, but are so stingy when paying for ours, who are already known quantities because they insisted on taking them on loan first.

Devil may care

Problem is- he is bit of a luxury player. A team like Wolves who work hard across the field wouldn't be a good fit for James. Well, this is assuming they agree on the salary part.
Oh yeah, he doesn't really suit their style but Mendes has a much bigger hook in Wolves than us these days if he's looking to offload a client.

Rake

Any chance Smalling plays for Man United next season?

Sell Jones, Rojo and possibly TFM. Start season with Maguire, Lindelof, Smalling and Tuanzebe. Doesn't inspire much confidence but not the worst in the world either.

Last edited:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Feel for Smalling though. He did well there and probably wanted to stay. We'll probably sell him to a PL team now.

Really rich how these clubs in Italy will charge outrageous amounts whenever we show interest in their players, but are so stingy when paying for ours, who are already known quantities because they insisted on taking them on loan first.
They don't seem to have much money over there these days. We did amazingly to shift Lukaku for the fee we did.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Smalling being among the best CBs in Serie A would give him more options and us more money compared to what Roma wants to pay. They can feck off

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Smalling wants that regular spot, he'll probably leave. I'm confident there are lot of buyers out there want Smalling. Jones & Rojo are the ones that I'm not confident.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
If Inter going for Ndombele > Skriniar swoop I could see them going for Smalling.
Young and Smalling reunion!

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
We're so bad at selling players. How the feck does Smalling only go for ~£12-15 million after the season he's had? That's a £25million at least sell right there.

Walters_19_MuFc

Feel sorry for Smalling. Seemed to have really liked it there and settled pretty well from what I heard. That being said, from United's point of view, I'm glad we didn't budge from our valuation of Smalling. Too often we are shafted in the transfer market, whether it be buying or selling players. Time for us to do that to other teams.

If Smalling has been as good as some have suggested, then I can only imagine Roma weren't the only club in for him and that he still gets a solid move, whether it be abroad or in the PL.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
We're so bad at selling players. How the feck does Smalling only go for ~£12-15 million after the season he's had? That's a £25million at least sell right there.
He will be 31 this year and he has not been that good, has he? Been part of a rather poor defensive unit and not really stood out (the worst Roma defence in years). In a Serie A that is not really all that.

Evans at Leicester has been much more impressive and I doubt anyone would pay £20 mill for him.

jeepers

Clubs know that we neither want nor need Smalling, hence the hesitance to pay up for him. We have been linked with at least 2 central defenders.

We should’ve just accepted, Smalling has been a loyal, dependable player for us and he’s 30/31.

dev1l

If Inter going for Ndombele > Skriniar swoop I could see them going for Smalling.
Young and Smalling reunion!
Not sure of that. Inter are close to Kambulla of Verona (According to Italian media). Kambulla is skriniar replacement.
Skriniarnis expected to leave

Dazzmondo

He will be 31 this year and he has not been that good, has he? Been part of a rather poor defensive unit and not really stood out (the worst Roma defence in years). In a Serie A that is not really all that.

Evans at Leicester has been much more impressive and I doubt anyone would pay £20 mill for him.
Smalling has pretty much universally been considered one of the best cbs in Serie A this season so yes he has been that good and Serie A is a high quality league.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I'm still really pissed at Southgate, and think Smalling should have sued him for his public comments about his perceived poor passing ability. Why would Southgate publicly humiliate someone like that?

This comments have stuck, and I think make many people nervous, no matter how true or false they were. Personally, I'm a big fan of Smalling and think he would be great as part of a CB 4some rotating group at United. Else he'd do very well at a top 10 type club.

NYAS

Very interesting if Bouhafsi is on it, it leads me to believe the Badiashille links are true as well and that we are seriously pursuing a left-footed CB for this summer. I’d take Badiashille over Gabriel/Pau.

Zoo

“Do you think he will come to United?”

11reds

Glad that the club seem to be holding firm for Smallings valuation. If this year has show us anything is that players who are surplus to requirements at United can do well in other teams and leagues. Young, Lukaku, Sanchez, Smallings, Fellaini, Blind all doing well since moving. That has a value and if clubs want our players they need to cough up.

I would get rid of Rojo first and then look at the likes of Lingard after the Europa League games. Like other posters I get frustrated at the pace we do our transfer business.

Reactions: Jippy

croadyman

Tier 1 when it comes to French stuff and famous broke the Martial stuff back in 2015

Dazzmondo

“Do you think he will come to United?”

Ok, that makes me feel a bit better. Clearly there are a few options we're considering then. At first I thought Gabriel was the main target

croadyman

Ok, that makes me feel a bit better. Clearly there are a few options we're considering then. At first I thought Gabriel was the main target
Would say it's Gabriel, Badashile but not sure about others. I heard from someone who works for Stretty News there is no interest in Pau at all.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
Feel sorry for Smalling. Seemed to have really liked it there and settled pretty well from what I heard. That being said, from United's point of view, I'm glad we didn't budge from our valuation of Smalling. Too often we are shafted in the transfer market, whether it be buying or selling players. Time for us to do that to other teams.

If Smalling has been as good as some have suggested, then I can only imagine Roma weren't the only club in for him and that he still gets a solid move, whether it be abroad or in the PL.
I wouldn’t feel sorry for Smalling as yet. He may just turn up at Inter instead of Roma.

Theres rumours of Smalling + Sanchez going to Inter + money and we get Skrinniar. But the source for this rumour is Calciomercato who aren’t reliable.

But it could just be true partially or fully. Smalling would fit right into Conte’s 3 man backline. His age bracket wouldn’t be that much of an issue either. Serie A is mad chill. Just look at Godin as an example.

Fracture90

I wouldn’t feel sorry for Smalling as yet. He may just turn up at Inter instead of Roma.

Theres rumours of Smalling + Sanchez going to Inter + money and we get Skrinniar. But the source for this rumour is Calciomercato who aren’t reliable.

But it could just be true partially or fully. Smalling would fit right into Conte’s 3 man backline. His age bracket wouldn’t be that much of an issue either. Serie A is mad chill. Just look at Godin as an example.
I'd welcome the prospect of us offloading both Sanches and Smalling in one fell swoop but i don't think Skriniar is what we need. He's not quick enough and by the looks of it he barely improved his game at Inter.

Status
Not open for further replies.