Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nori-

Smalling not included in Roma's Eurpa League squad. Hmmmmm

If its true the difference in where each club valued him was about £3m. United playing hardball and making a stand whether its £3 or £3m. I can't see either club budging at this point so it looks like he's coming back to Manchester.

We'll prob still sell him now but who is going to pay the estimated £18m. Maybe another Prem club?

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW

If its true the difference in where each club valued him was about £3m. United playing hardball and making a stand whether its £3 or £3m. I can't see either club budging at this point so it looks like he's coming back to Manchester.

We'll prob still sell him now but who is going to pay the estimated £18m. Maybe another Prem club?
It’s all very annoying. if it was us trying to sign him from Roma we’d be quoted 50 million. A deal would probably be done for about £35 million.

These Italian clubs are as tight as a ducks arse!

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.

We might get more than 18m from English club for him.

Riz

I doubt Grealish will be targeted after Sancho now, at least not this window. If there’s still funds of £50m+ available after Sancho and with the sales of a few players I imagine we’d prioritise a centre midfielder or centre back.

Von Mistelroum

Well sure we might be giving him a huge severance package worth more than Sancho will cost, and paying Inter 13m to take him too but at least we'll no longer be paying his 1bn per second wages that we foolishly agreed to! Though maybe by tomorrow James will have decided we're paying half of that too.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

Didn’t they just agree to sign Vertongen anyway?

Allegedly Juve sniffing around Smalling

diarm

"MUFC Nightmate"
"Pay Off"
"£560k/week"

Some of these gobshites shouldn't be allowed outside their bedrooms unsupervised, let alone get paid to share their opinions with the educated world outside.

pratyush_utd

James Duker is Woodward mouthpiece. Trying to soften the blow of letting Sanchez go free.

AneRu

Tbh, i would. I don't buy that shit that player is finished when he hit 30. If we can't sell him and earn some money, i would take him. He can be useful on several positions. He is still a good player. Better than some our current backup options. And in january when Ighalo leaves, we don't need to buy another striker.
His wage is just too high for someone who would effectively have been a bit part player here as Martial, Rashford, Sanchez and Greenwood are all ahead of him. He would have been a reference point for any key player looking to renew his deal and that would have hurt us more.

Would have wished a fee but I am more than happy to see the back of him, awful deal all round.

Josep Dowling

"MUFC Nightmate"
"Pay Off"
"£560k/week"

Some of these gobshites shouldn't be allowed outside their bedrooms unsupervised, let alone get paid to share their opinions with the educated world outside.
Poor Sanchez and his Man United ‘nightmare’. Being paid half a million a week whether he played football or not. Only one party was getting one of the worst deals in footballing history and it wasn’t Sanchez.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Now it's suddenly 560k a we were paying.
And obviously we've paid a chunk to get rid.

Was waiting for a journo to try and paint us in the most mug tastic light.
Not sure but when you break the contract, aren't you supposed to pay up the bonuses even though they won't or wouldnt have been achieved. You're effectively taking away his chance to earn it all so it becomes due ?

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away

I doubt Grealish will be targeted after Sancho now, at least not this window. If there’s still funds of £50m+ available after Sancho and with the sales of a few players I imagine we’d prioritise a centre midfielder or centre back.
I love how people can confidently say with their chest, how they believe the club will run their transfer business without any proof that either will happen.

jb8521

in what way?
Believed he deserved first team chances ahead of Rashford & was very vocal about it, was brought to train with the first team & attitude was so bad he was told he wouldn't be brought again & then refused to play or train for the u23s & told the club they needed to cancel his contract

Riz

I love how people can confidently say with their chest, how they believe the club will run their transfer business without any proof that either will happen.
You love how people can speculate on an Internet forum about transfer speculation? That’s nice.

hubbuh

Disagree. Ole clearly trusts his squad options in McT and Fred at CM more than he does Perreira, Lingard and Mata at AM. CB possibly, but I still think Grealish would be preferred.

nainaisson

Supposedly, the Glazers wouldn't loan Rojo to Everton because they considered them a rival for a Champions League place. So, he'd likely be sold to relegation candidates like Aston Villa or West Brom, if they can afford him. Personally, I'd sell him to anyone.

Riz

Disagree. Ole clearly trusts his squad options in McT and Fred at CM more than he does Perreira, Lingard and Mata at AM. CB possibly, but I still think Grealish would be preferred.
Oh I agree I certainly think he trusts McT and Fred far more than those 3. But I think with Sancho we’d now have 4 players (Rashford, Bruno, Greenwood, Sancho) for 3 positions and if needed Pogba could also play further forward as well.

He seemed reluctant to rotate Matic when the pressure games were piling up so I wonder if he would prefer another replacement in that area rather than a 5th player for those 3 spots.

Just to clarify, I would personally really like us to target Grealish as I think he’d be an excellent signing.

pratyush_utd

What blow?
Not according to me but I have seen some people getting angry on letting him go on free. Ducker trying to put in a perspective by adding every single bonus that we may or may not pay to Sanchez and showing how much of a relief it is to let him go.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Believed he deserved first team chances ahead of Rashford & was very vocal about it, was brought to train with the first team & attitude was so bad he was told he wouldn't be brought again & then refused to play or train for the u23s & told the club they needed to cancel his contract
WTF? What an insane and entitled attitude. At Manchester United! How did he get away with such during his formative youth teams?

Well that attitude has certainly gotten in the way of his development, he probably also burnt alot of bridges in the process and the fall from grace is a huge slap in the face. It's all now up to him.

E-mal

What’s your solution then?
Voodoo? Am sorry am African and we have some sort of ways in dealing with seemingly impossible problems.
That deal if true will put a downer on the whole window. Makes me dislike his signing even more.

How is it his nightmare you nob (Ducker) ?
The fecker got paid shitloads of cash while serving up mediocre performances and stagnating the growth of our youngsters. What a huge mess Mourinho and Sanchez have been to our club.

SATA

WTF? What an insane and entitled attitude. At Manchester United! How did he get away with such during his formative youth teams?

Well that attitude has certainly gotten in the way of his development, he probably also burnt alot of bridges in the process and the fall from grace is a huge slap in the face. It's all now up to him.
Who are you talking about there?

hubbuh

Oh I agree I certainly think he trusts McT and Fred far more than those 3. But I think with Sancho we’d now have 4 players (Rashford, Bruno, Greenwood, Sancho) for 3 positions and if needed Pogba could also play further forward as well.

He seemed reluctant to rotate Matic when the pressure games were piling up so I wonder if he would prefer another replacement in that area rather than a 5th player for those 3 spots.

Just to clarify, I would personally really like us to target Grealish as I think he’d be an excellent signing.
Agree with that! I suppose (assuming we secure Sancho) most of us would concur that CB, DM/CM, AM are the positions we need looking at addressing this summer and next. Matic definitely did slow down towards the end following that slew of games, and McTominay looked far from convincing in that role. Be interesting to see what happens that's for sure. The reassuring thing is we all have a degree of faith in Ole seeing it much the same way we do, which is obviously the correct way!!

jesperjaap

Looks like Smalling hasn't been registered for Europa by Roma as they won't honour the fee we agreed last year. If it's likely he heads back here I'll be over the moon. Genuinely think he could be a better partner for Maguire while Mengi develops.

I know hes marmite on this forum but I look forward to him coming home.
I think if no other Italian clubs will pay the price we were asking (would be surprised for Inter to come in), then I am sure there will be more than one premiership club enquiring for him. Confident he will go and we will get the fee asked for as well

jesperjaap

Hes not the worst signing in our history but he was absolutely the worst deal by a country mile.

I reckon it was the slap in the face the ownership needed though. Had it worked at all better, Bale and James would probably already be here :houllier:
When you consider the player he was before he signed, I cant think of a worse signing personally irrespective of the deal

jesperjaap

I know that Sanchez dislike is huge here but this is not a good deal.
1) Sanchez is not a shit football player. He is a still good player who we just gave for free
2) We send a message to other buying clubs how we will do everything just to get rid of some player just because of his wage.
I must admit I expected £5-10m for SAnchez, but he is the exception to the rule though. £60m in wages off of the books is probably more money recieved/saved than we will get for any other players transfer + next two years wages this window unless we sold DeGea which is highly unlikely.

People mentioning how crazy high the potential Grealish transfer fee is. That is 75% of it right there. Considering we hav ebeen paying a large part of Sanchez wages on loan and initial rumours were of another loan fee where we woul dprobably have continued paying a large part of th ewages with a supposed buy at the end of it, you can pretty much class the wages almost as a transfer fee.

Jackal981

Well sure we might be giving him a huge severance package worth more than Sancho will cost, and paying Inter 13m to take him too but at least we'll no longer be paying his 1bn per second wages that we foolishly agreed to! Though maybe by tomorrow James will have decided we're paying half of that too.
Conte should be knighted if this got pulled off. Is he a closet United fan ? He sure loves his United deadwoods. Will support him anywhere he goes after this except other PL teams

Status
Not open for further replies.