Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesperjaap

Smalling not included in Roma's Eurpa League squad. Hmmmmm

If its true the difference in where each club valued him was about £3m. United playing hardball and making a stand whether its £3 or £3m. I can't see either club budging at this point so it looks like he's coming back to Manchester.

We'll prob still sell him now but who is going to pay the estimated £18m. Maybe another Prem club?
When you consider how atrocious most of the premiership sides were defending last season, the season Smalling has had, the premiership experience he also holds and most importantly what does £18m buy you in the premiership as a central defender? I know he was a lot younger and a different time, we got a lot more than that for Michael Keane!

I dont want him to come back to us, but defensively, he is a good defender and would be an astute guy to several premiership sides in my opinion for that price

Gasolin

WTF? What an insane and entitled attitude. At Manchester United! How did he get away with such during his formative youth teams?

Well that attitude has certainly gotten in the way of his development, he probably also burnt alot of bridges in the process and the fall from grace is a huge slap in the face. It's all now up to him.
Who was that?

Dong Fangzhuo

When you consider how atrocious most of the premiership sides were defending last season, the season Smalling has had, the premiership experience he also holds and most importantly what does £18m buy you in the premiership as a central defender? I know he was a lot younger and a different time, we got a lot more than that for Michael Keane!

I dont want him to come back to us, but defensively, he is a good defender and would be an astute guy to several premiership sides in my opinion for that price
We got 2.5m for Keane. Burnley did sell him on for a pile of cash though.

Suedesi

what's the evidence that they fecked up the transfer?
You're right we don't - we just go by what we have which is close to 100 million spent on Sanchez for 5 goals and 45 appearances. Amazing deal throughout brought to a sorry conclusion.

croadyman

I doubt Grealish will be targeted after Sancho now, at least not this window. If there’s still funds of £50m+ available after Sancho and with the sales of a few players I imagine we’d prioritise a centre midfielder or centre back.
Steal Thiago from under the scousers noses,yes I know he doesn't fit Ole's strategy of buying players looking to make the step up.

Who else do you have in mind for a potential CM signing just out of interest?

croadyman

I must admit I expected £5-10m for SAnchez, but he is the exception to the rule though. £60m in wages off of the books is probably more money recieved/saved than we will get for any other players transfer + next two years wages this window unless we sold DeGea which is highly unlikely.

People mentioning how crazy high the potential Grealish transfer fee is. That is 75% of it right there. Considering we hav ebeen paying a large part of Sanchez wages on loan and initial rumours were of another loan fee where we woul dprobably have continued paying a large part of th ewages with a supposed buy at the end of it, you can pretty much class the wages almost as a transfer fee.
Yeah this not getting a fee for Sanchez has definitely divided opinion after such positive news about Sancho.

Yes it would have been nice to get a small fee for him but getting those astronomical wages off the bill is what matters to me.

The way I see it if getting €60m off the next two years wage bill means we can get a CB & backup AM then reckon that it's worth it.

croadyman

The whole mystery of who is our top CB target is intriguing because it has got everyone guessing.

Pep's Suit

Now it's suddenly 560k a we were paying.
And obviously we've paid a chunk to get rid.

Was waiting for a journo to try and paint us in the most mug tastic light.
Well, if a lot of fans genuinely believe that City pay their players twice then Alexis deffo had to be on £500k+.

Mick1

Semi reliable itk:
Manchesterunitedrumours.co.uk

the guys who runs the site (Ed001 and Ed002) are pretty good but are Liverpool and Chelsea fans and somewhat ABU so you have to fish out the facts from the snarky comments.
Brilliant site and very reliable editors. Imo a bit more than semi reliable. Draconian posting rules though

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Smalling not included in Roma's Eurpa League squad. Hmmmmm

If its true the difference in where each club valued him was about £3m. United playing hardball and making a stand whether its £3 or £3m. I can't see either club budging at this point so it looks like he's coming back to Manchester.

We'll prob still sell him now but who is going to pay the estimated £18m. Maybe another Prem club?
I think Roma might still try to sign him this summer.

We are playing the hard ball because Roma is in Europa League with us. After Europa League end, we might not play the hard ball and accept their initial offer.

Riz

Steal Thiago from under the scousers noses,yes I know he doesn't fit Ole's strategy of buying players looking to make the step up.

Who else do you have in mind for a potential CM signing just out of interest?
I think Partey would be a solid and achievable signing from the little I’ve seen of him although I won’t pretend to be an expert on him and have seen others argue over his best position.

I do like Neves but firstly he would cost a huge amount to pry from Wolves and secondly I’m not sure if he’s the steel we need next to Pogba and Bruno.

Phillips from Leeds would be an awesome signing for a number of reasons but there’s nobody linked to him for now.

I’m not sold on Declan Rice personally, looks good some games looks average in others.

We need an rvn

He's been in great form since the break in his defence.

Never seen it quoted as 560k a week before.
Not £560 but I've seen £500k p/w. We can never be too sure about the figure but the ones I've seen the most is a base salary of £300k, "image rights" £120k and further add ons that can bring it up to £500k.

Either way, £500 - £560k is insane unless you're talking about Messi or Ronaldo

Infra-red

Not £560 but I've seen £500k p/w. We can never be too sure about the figure but the ones I've seen the most is a base salary of £300k, "image rights" £120k and further add ons that can bring it up to £500k.

Whatever it was this season, it was due to go up by 25% next year because of CL participation.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Well, if a lot of fans genuinely believe that City pay their players twice then Alexis deffo had to be on £500k+.
How do the two things tie up?
I don't think it's out of the question City are paying more than they declare. Noone said it's 50-50 of declared and non though.

pacifictheme

Yeah it's insane.

Pep's Suit

How do the two things tie up?
I don't think it's out of the question City are paying more than they declare. Noone said it's 50-50 of declared and non though.
Well, he turned down City for United who clearly offered more money so don't understand why so many people have problems to believe 560k a week.

jesperjaap

Brilliant site and very reliable editors. Imo a bit more than semi reliable. Draconian posting rules though

Draconian to stop people calling them out. Absolutely arrogant editors know alls I have hardly ever seen get a single rumour correct in any transfer window regarding out club, fun to read though

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
If Smalling really wanted to move to play for Roma he'd pay the £2M out of his own pocket, similar to what Herrera did when he moved to United.

He clearly doesn't want it bad enough.

matsdf

If Smalling really wanted to move to play for Roma he'd pay the £2M out of his own pocket, similar to what Herrera did when he moved to United.

He clearly doesn't want it bad enough.
I really want to work for Google, but I'm not paying six months of salary to work there.

Status
Not open for further replies.