Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee565

Daniel Levy won't make it any easier for them.
  • Levy is okay with Alli remaining in the club.
    • He will make it difficult for Alli to leave cheaply.
  • Conte admires him, but Inter might not be able to afford a loan.
Cant imagine Mourinho helping out conte in anyway

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
weird tweet from an official club account
It'll be press conference tweets, so they're tweeting out what he's saying in the press conference and what he's saying will be in response to what journos asked. So from those tweets, my assumption is the questions were along the lines of:

"Frank, what is the situation with Edouard Mendy?"

"Frank, Cech was the best goalkeeper in the world and he still plays a role at the club. How influential was he in the signing of Edouard Mendy?"

SinNombre

I hope we go for Brooks. He's no world beater, but the way teams set up against us, he'd be much better to have in the team rather than a pace merchant like Sarr or Adama.

Plus if we do actually go for Sancho or someone of a higher profile next season, he wouldn't be too fussed about being a squad option.
He will be another waste of money on heavy wages (100k/week which no bottom half club can afford) that you muppets would be desperate to get rid of in another 12 months.

Exactly the kind of thinking from Woody and the club that has made United a joke in the transfer market.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The Guardian and Record articles were published before Arthur Quezada published his report. What's interested is that Quezada confirms what Jamie Jackson pointed out about our fee. The reason why this is taking longer than expected is because of the intermediaries working on the transfer: Pini Zahavi (Telles' representative and my guess: representing us) and Jorge Mendes (my guess: representing Porto).

Remember the Koulibaly-to-City saga; that's been dragged on because the player's agent is representing 3 parties. Here, we have agents doing the work for the clubs with Pini Zahavi representing two parties (Telles and us) and Mendes representing Porto. Because of this, Quezada mentioned that Porto have yet to receive an offer from the club.

Source:
Seems to coincide with Evra’s Instagram post about how we’re over-reliant on lawyers and intermediaries when it comes to transfers. Similar news with Sancho, no?

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Looks like there's another transfer poker game going on here.

Sport Witness highlight that Jamie Jackson reported this, who could have obtained this info from Arthur Quezada of Esporte Interativo (or vice versa). Regardless, Record are stating that Porto are just looking for 20 million Euros and that United are briefing a higher price for whatever reason.

Given that both clubs are negotiating through intermediaries, could it be that certain intermediaries are looking to take advantage of this transfer? I wonder how the negotiations would have gone if both clubs negotiated directly.
Is this what we have resorted to to save face? Oh this club was asking for X but we only paid Y. Hence we are good at negotiations and we got him for cheaper.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He will be another waste of money on heavy wages (100k/week which no bottom half club can afford) that you muppets would be desperate to get rid of in another 12 months.

Exactly the kind of thinking from Woody and the club that has made United a joke in the transfer market.
I don't think any serious football follower will ask for any player to be sold after just 12 months. We could do far worse than signing Brooks. He is someone who could make the difference against tight defenses.

sugar_kane

Edit: Source is the Sun who I'm sure are banned but it's such a dumb link that I thought we could derive some amusement :lol:
Ed's now moved on from FIFA/Football Manager approach to signings to FPL, think he's just sorting it by points at this moment in time.

RUCK4444

We're even shit at flogging old players, ffs.
We are probably worse at that than signing new players to be honest.

We are fecking useless at selling dead wood usually.

Players like Phil Jones and Lingard have milked a living here, they owe the club so much it’s absurd.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Ok, he definitely has been at a much higher level than Dan James. Scored quite a few nice goals from distance. FA cup winning goal. Played for England at major championships. I’m not saying he was ever brilliant or whatever but it’s clear the last year he has even fallen off from being adequate as a squad player. His personal life may have been the cause or maybe he just hasn’t worked as hard but he has clearly been better than Dan James ever has.

Dan James is a championship winger with 3 good games in the PL.
A fair description but there is a much higher chance of james improving than lingard by this point imo

Suv666

Brooks is a decent player but surely there are wingers between Sancho and Brooks we can look at. Seems like a massive drop in quality.

ZupZup

Calvert-Lewin is class and about to have a brilliant season in my opinion. I’d be delighted if we signed him... but £80m is a bit steep.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.

This is horrifying. They have absolutely no clue at all what they are doing do they?

Kearnkoff69

This is horrifying. They have absolutely no clue at all what they are doing do they?
Normally I'd give the chances of such a tweet being true less than 50%, but we have been so scattershot in the transfer market under Woodward that I'm inclined to believe this happened.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
We are probably worse at that than signing new players to be honest.

We are fecking useless at selling dead wood usually.

Players like Phil Jones and Lingard have milked a living here, they owe the club so much it’s absurd.

It's a fecking disgrace! Just like that, Spurs come up on the outside and suddenly have a better window than us. I just don't get it.

Lee565

Signing brooks would make him viewed with the same type of resentment fellaini faced at the club of being a constant reminder to the fans of how much we screwed up both respected transfer windows

Hoof the ball

Brooks is a decent player but surely there are wingers between Sancho and Brooks we can look at. Seems like a massive drop in quality.
That's supposedly what scouting is for. Kind of like how City identified Ferran Torres. If your scouts aren't finding talents that aren't obvious to the average transfer muppet then what's the point?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Signing brooks would make him viewed with the same type of resentment fellaini faced at the club of being a constant reminder to the fans of how much we screwed up both respected transfer windows
Yeah, he’s not shown anything to suggest he’d be better than a squad option at best, and to compound that he‘s coming back from a year long ankle injury.

Some may view it as a “clever signing” and one where we’re not overpaying for a risk or whatever, but I’d be throughly disappointed with such a signing.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
They're seriously short of numbers at CM/DM now. Only Goretzka, Kimmich and Tolisso. Cuisance is considered a more attacking player to replace Muller, don't think they are linked with anyone else in that position also.

Lee565

It's a fecking disgrace! Just like that, Spurs come up on the outside and suddenly have a better window than us. I just don't get it.
This, We are so bad that even the likes of spurs have come out of it this far better than what we have to the point that their first team and squad potentially looks better than ours, just have to hope mourinho has one of his off seasons.

ShinjiNinja26

I think it’s best for everyone’s sanity to go into future transfer windows with a glass half empty approach. Assume we’re going to sign absolutely nobody then if we are actually able to get someone signed we’ll all be pleasantly surprised.

K Stand Knut

Honestly, I have no idea how you all sleep at night worrying about all this transfer nonsense.

nobody, and I mean nobody has a clue what United are doing. Some would argue that United don’t know what they are doing so the media definitely don’t.

unfortunately, this means that I’d hazard a guess that 90%+ of the stuff posted on this thread is made up guff.

Lee565

That's it keep throwing young players in the deep end and putting way too much pressure on them to consistently perform to a high level to save our season because we are a joke in transfer dealings.

Status
Not open for further replies.