Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Our squad is paper thin once more.
Thanks and good luck to Javi, it's been a great 8 years. One of the select few players to be part of both treble-winning squads, although he was only a backup in this one.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Honestly, I have no idea how you all sleep at night worrying about all this transfer nonsense.

nobody, and I mean nobody has a clue what United are doing. Some would argue that United don’t know what they are doing so the media definitely don’t.

unfortunately, this means that I’d hazard a guess that 90%+ of the stuff posted on this thread is made up guff.
True.

If Woodward and co don't know what's going on there's no way anyone else can know.

KristianMackle

Fine, so put Mengi in the team. Start him at RB over TFM, just get him in there. Couldn't have done any worse than TFM.

Sancho's deal shouldn't be at an impasse, it should be forgotten so we can actually get in the players we can. But knowing how we operate, (Monitoring and Talks FC), we'll be lucky to get another player in at this rate.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

If Barcelona haven't gotten in touch with Norwich since Friday, then I'm not sure where Sport are getting their info from. I had a feeling that there was something weird about their report.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
Our squad is paper thin once more.
Let's see it from a different angle: 0% fat. :D Javi was probably the closest thing to deadwood we had, and he's left us now after 8 glorious years. We're in a good position to see how it pans out with Tolisso, Cuisance and Nianzou, and use the year to identify a player who really brings us forward. I'm glad we're abstaining from mediocre solutions like Brozovic

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

• Sergino Dest's negotiations with Barça are very advanced. Both the player side and the club are optimistic
  • Bayern's offer to Ajax is higher, but the player prioritizes the sports project

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
  • Barcelona will pay 5 million Pounds to loan in Max Aarons.
  • Norwich are demanding a 20-million-Pound purchase obligation as part of the loan.
  • Bayern are also keeping tabs on Aarons.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
The decision to not allow fans back into stadiums this season pretty much ends any chance of United buying expensive players now.

The Telles deal and a cheap RW option is the best we can hope for now IMO

croadyman

Fine, so put Mengi in the team. Start him at RB over TFM, just get him in there. Couldn't have done any worse than TFM.

Sancho's deal shouldn't be at an impasse, it should be forgotten so we can actually get in the players we can. But knowing how we operate, (Monitoring and Talks FC), we'll be lucky to get another player in at this rate.
We should not be relying on Tuanzebe who still may not be fit for ages and think we shouldn't be throwing Mengi into this team right now, in regards to the Sancho deal quite frankly I am pretty sick of the whole thing and the lack of decent alternatives is depressing to say the least. Think the real reason we aren't prioritising a CB is because we cannot get rid of likes of Smalling, Jones & Rojo so have to put out statements like that.

croadyman

The decision to not allow fans back into stadiums this season pretty much ends any chance of United buying expensive players now.

The Telles deal and a cheap RW option is the best we can hope for now IMO
Well in that case put out the walking away from Sancho deal tomorrow and move on to cheaper alternatives

croadyman

This is horrifying. They have absolutely no clue at all what they are doing do they?
Go away Woody & Judge you and those yankee leeches are the reason for this whole mess. You have absolutely set up Ole to fail and you couldn't give a shit about the situation

NJM78

I think it’s best for everyone’s sanity to go into future transfer windows with a glass half empty approach. Assume we’re going to sign absolutely nobody then if we are actually able to get someone signed we’ll all be pleasantly surprised.
I'm not even taking a glass.

Dr. StrangeHate

Sancho wants to join us and this is the possibly the only time we can sign him so it makes sense we threw everything at it. There aren't many players available out there that can outright improve us. Getting in average players that we can get is not the way forward.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
  • Barcelona will pay 5 million Pounds to loan in Max Aarons.
  • Norwich are demanding a 20-million-Pound purchase obligation as part of the loan.
  • Bayern are also keeping tabs on Aarons.
So Dest and Aarons are going to Barca and Bayern. We just don’t know which player goes where.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Go away Woody & Judge you and those yankee leeches are the reason for this whole mess. You have absolutely set up Ole to fail and you couldn't give a shit about the situation
All that happened was that they went to Mass

Zlatans Knee

So Dest and Aarons are going to Barca and Bayern. We just don’t know which player goes where.
If I were them I would choose Barca. They will not be a starter at Bayern for many years unless there is an injury. Kimmich is one of if not the best right back in the world.

Adnan

Talent Spotter

If Barcelona haven't gotten in touch with Norwich since Friday, then I'm not sure where Sport are getting their info from. I had a feeling that there was something weird about their report.
The Journo reporting the news for Sport is Albert Roge who is very reliable normally and usually reports on La Masia players.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
If I were them I would choose Barca. They will not be a starter at Bayern for many years unless there is an injury. Kimmich is one of if not the best right back in the world.
Kimmich is one of Bayern's two starting midfielders now that Thiago's gone. Still, Pavard is a very good right back and will be tough to overcome. Oyarzabal came in on loan from Real Madrid to add depth, and he barely got minutes because of Pavard (and Kimmich later on).

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Kimmich is playing as CM. He only played as RB in the CL final since Parvard was injured.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Kimmich is one of Bayern's two starting midfielders now that Thiago's gone. Still, Pavard is a very good right back and will be tough to overcome. Oyarzabal came in on loan from Real Madrid to add depth, and he barely got minutes because of Pavard (and Kimmich later on).
Odriozola was also plain shit and mostly looked as having no fecking idea what his teammates were doing. Pavard is good but „good“ is not enough at Bayern.

Zlatans Knee

Ah, didn't know that. Fair enough. In that case I would be happy with either of them :wenger:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
The Journo reporting the news for Sport is Albert Roge who is very reliable normally and usually reports on La Masia players.
Fair enough. From other reports, it seems like Dest is their #1 option, so if they can get him, then Aarons might continue on with Norwich (or head out to Bayern if they decide to push on for him).

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Odriozola was also plain shit and mostly looked as having no fecking idea what his teammates were doing. Pavard is good but „good“ is not enough at Bayern.
Bayern get the majority of their width on the right from Gnabry and Muller. Pavard offers them the balance on that flank with his better defending and good range of passing. Both Dest and Aarons will offer something different and potentially allow for more central play from Bayern's attacking players.

sparx99

Transfers seem so dumb. Like, even if you are negotiating a fee how long can it possibly take for the back and forth?

Let’s say with Telles Porto want €30m and we want to pay €12m.

Utd - We’d like to offer €12m for Telles.

Porto - No, we want €30m.

Utd - Look he has 1yr on his contract. We’ll go to €15m.

Porto - Fair enough he only has 1yr left. We’re prepared to take €25m.

Utd -No, that’s still too much. We will pay €18m plus €2m in add ons. That’s our final offer.

Porto - Ok, we accept.

or

Porto - No, that’s not enough.

I don’t see how those conversations couldn’t take place by phone/email in the space of 4-5hrs allowing time for the decision makers at each club to discuss each proposal.

Either we then move on to a different target or we agree the deal and discuss payment structures. Meanwhile the player could be having a medical.

Make a decision and get on with it.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Transfers seem so dumb. Like, even if you are negotiating a fee how long can it possibly take for the back and forth?

Let’s say with Telles Porto want €30m and we want to pay €12m.

Utd - We’d like to offer €12m for Telles.

Porto - No, we want €30m.

Utd - Look he has 1yr on his contract. We’ll go to €15m.

Porto - Fair enough he only has 1yr left. We’re prepared to take €25m.

Utd -No, that’s still too much. We will pay €18m plus €2m in add ons. That’s our final offer.

Porto - Ok, we accept.

or

Porto - No, that’s not enough.

I don’t see how those conversations couldn’t take place by phone/email in the space of 4-5hrs allowing time for the decision makers at each club to discuss each proposal.

Either we then move on to a different target or we agree the deal and discuss payment structures. Meanwhile the player could be having a medical.

Make a decision and get on with it.
Yeah...that's not really how you conduct multi-million pound deals.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Fair enough. From other reports, it seems like Dest is their #1 option, so if they can get him, then Aarons might continue on with Norwich (or head out to Bayern if they decide to push on for him).
He could still be wrong but it would be unusual for him IMO.

sparx99

Yeah...that's not really how you conduct multi-million pound deals.
I mean I obviously understand that but at the same time they clearly can do it that way when it suits. Transfer deadline day shows it’s possible.

The general principle should still be true, no? Like when Romano says we are ‘in talks’ how many different scenarios, payment structures etc could you lay out in a 30min conversation.

It shouldn’t take days and weeks like it does for us.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
He could still be wrong but it would be unusual for him IMO.
That's fine. I'm just surprised to not see someone like Gerard Moreno or Moi Llorens also report on this. They've been more focused on the Dest transfer in their Barcelona coverage. Let's see what emerges over the next few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.