Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
That's fine. I'm just surprised to not see someone like Gerard Moreno or Moi Llorens also report on this. They've been more focused on the Dest transfer in their Barcelona coverage. Let's see what emerges over the next few days.
Domenech is the most reliable source for Barca IMO and he's reporting that Barca and Ajax have come to a agreement in principle for Dest.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Official: Morata is now a Juventus player

Juventus have two options:
  • 1-year loan: 10 million Euro + 45 million Euro purchase
  • 2-year loan: 10 million Euro + 10 million Euro + 35 million Euro purchase

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Good to know; let's see if Barcelona can come to an agreement. For now, Bayern are offering more money.
Onda Cero also now reporting that Dest will be a Barca player after a agreement was reached with Ajax.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Onda Cero also now reporting that Dest will be a Barca player after a agreement was reached with Ajax.

Yup, the news is spreading like wildfire. Gerard Romero also tweeted out the same thing 8 minutes ago.

EDIT: Oops, I meant to talk about Dest and whether he'd agree to join them. For some reason, I was thinking too much about the clubs.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
I mean I obviously understand that but at the same time they clearly can do it that way when it suits. Transfer deadline day shows it’s possible.

The general principle should still be true, no? Like when Romano says we are ‘in talks’ how many different scenarios, payment structures etc could you lay out in a 30min conversation.

It shouldn’t take days and weeks like it does for us.
Just a few things off the top of my head which can make football transfers drag on:

- Contacting the agent to understand if their player would be interested in joining.

- Discussing agent and other intermediary fees.

- Drafting legal and compliance paperwork.

- Laying out the payment structure, how much money will be paid and when. Also loyalty bonuses, sign on bonuses, third party broker fees etc.

- Image rights.

- Shifting existing players to free up salary and space in the squad.

- Background checks and due diligence.

- Insurance costs.

- Access go credit facility to borrow money once fee agreed with player and the club. What the interest will be on this.

- An internal discussion need a to be had around external factors such as Brexit and Covid19.

- Foreign players / those outside of the EU may need to obtain work permits.

- Medical tests.

- If there is interest from other clubs in the player, we may need to convince the agent/player why they should join us - explain our 'project'.

- Sorting out the logistics of moving the player and their family members to a new area / country / education system.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
This will go down as one of the most disappointing windows in recent memory. Considering the optimism I felt at our performances and the return of the CL, to not capitalise this summer is a right kick in the nuts

Amerifan

The decision to not allow fans back into stadiums this season pretty much ends any chance of United buying expensive players now.

The Telles deal and a cheap RW option is the best we can hope for now IMO
Agree. Can’t really blame them. Gate and merchandising takes a big hit with low/no attendance. Tele viewership will decline over a season as well. The books won’t balance with big player outlays now.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Lampard after being asked about Hudson-Odoi and Rudiger:
I’m going to skirt around that question. It remains to be seen. We’re not in a period where the transfer window or market is acting like it has done in recent years in terms of how players move or what level they move at. Again, the competitive games have just started. I’m very open to those conversations with the players as the next couple of weeks go on. My priority will always be making sure I maintain and keep the strongest squad I can for this club but after that, of course, the individual conversations will happen within that. I will try and make sure I go into the season once the window shuts with the squad that I feel is competitive in a healthy way.

Sea-Cow

Go away Woody & Judge you and those yankee leeches are the reason for this whole mess. You have absolutely set up Ole to fail and you couldn't give a shit about the situation
I hope it doesn't sound like I am defending Woody and the yankee C's, but come on mate. How many managers would kill to have signings like Maguire, Bruno, AWB, and VDB? How many more hundreds of millions have to be spent before we look at Ole?

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Paolo Maldini gives some hints over Milan's interest in Schalke's Matija Nastasic (formerly of Man. City and Fiorentina).

Nastasic? In theory we like all the good players. Then it remains to be seen if they are compatible with our budget.

croadyman

I hope it doesn't sound like I am defending Woody and the yankee C's, but come on mate. How many managers would kill to have signings like Maguire, Bruno, AWB, and VDB? How many more hundreds of millions have to be spent before we look at Ole?
I will give you that his in game management leaves a lot to be desired but lets face it he hasn't been fully backed because they prefer to dip their hand in the profits and take a cut instead

Ralph1386

I will give you that his in game management leaves a lot to be desired but lets face it he hasn't been fully backed because they prefer to dip their hand in the profits and take a cut instead
Ole is far from perfect, but screaming for him to be sacked now would be very counter-productive. Attention should be brought to how the board are running the club. That’s the more pressing issue.

croadyman

Ole is far from perfect, but screaming for him to be sacked now would be very counter-productive. Attention should be brought to how the board are running the club. That’s the more pressing issue.
Thought I was bringing attention to how disastrously this club is being ran

roseguy64

Liverpool and Chelsea decide who they want to improve, bid and get them within days.

We flail around like a bunch of idiots with a manager who nods and does whatever he is told citing 'young development'.

We are f******
Yes. That's exactly what happens with Liverpool and Chelsea transfers.

Devil may care

• Barcelona will pay 5 million Pounds to loan in Max Aarons.
  • Norwich are demanding a 20-million-Pound purchase obligation as part of the loan.
  • Bayern are also keeping tabs on Aarons.
Barcelona loaning players from Norwich.......very 2020.

Sea-Cow

I know I will be painted as an "Ole-Out Prick" but I would just ask how much more does he need to spend before we could say he has been fully backed? Roy Hodgson, and almost every manager in the league apart from Pep and Lampard, would laugh his tits off at a manager who' bought the most expensive center-back of all time complaining about not being backed. I know the squad is short of quality for a number of reasons, but after a while, I think it is fair to expect the manager to get more out of these incredible expensive players.

Reds fever

I know I will be painted as an "Ole-Out Prick" but I would just ask how much more does he need to spend before we could say he has been fully backed? Roy Hodgson, and almost every manager in the league apart from Pep and Lampard, would laugh his tits off at a manager who' bought the most expensive center-back of all time complaining about not being backed. I know the squad is short of quality for a number of reasons, but after a while, I think it is fair to expect the manager to get more out of these incredible expensive players.
He did though, he got us third after we were 14 points behind Leicester City half way to the season and we played good football untill the players began to tire.

It is not on Ole that the board and Ed are clueless that we manage to overpay for every player.

CG1010

Yes Ole has got 5 players and except James (a cheap punt) , all the players you have mentioned have proven to be a success (VDB of course is yet to prove himself but he has scored 1 goal already). But he has still inherited an imbalanced squad which is simply not good enough. So he definitely needs more players.. Klopp who is a much more established manager than him needed 13 signings before he could guide Liverpool to win the title.

Edit: Pep needed 14 players to win the PL despite having a much better base of players than either Klopp or Ole.

trafford1980

Ole has been fully-backed to win a one-off game against Palace at home, and to challenge for top 4.

If the question is how much more does he need to spend to guarantee Champions League qualification and perhaps to deliver a title, that's a different story.

Klopp has bought in more than 15 players (and he inherited a better squad,) at least 10 of them were in most match day squads last season.

I personally think we need another 3-4 bonafide first-team players in over the next couple of transfer windows to challenge in 21/22.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Reckon it's Telles for us and that will be it. Club will probably then panic in January when we are 6pts or more away from 4th like they did last season with Bruno.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
This Dest situation is a bit confusing. Reputable sources say he is of to Barca but he seems to have been at the location where Bayern took their team photos yesterday.

Devil81

Lampard after being asked about Hudson-Odoi and Rudiger:
Am alone here, I'd take Hudson-Odoi 100% but I also thought Rudiger was their best centre back over the last few years.

Why would they sell him?

pascell

Well then it boils down to the intentions and direction they want the club to go in. Do they honestly feel Maguire, Bruno, AWB and VdB are enough and that the team should now mount a title challenge? Or do they feel those 4 are just a quarter or the jigsaw, that more players of high quality need to come in to keep furthering the quality of squad and then then challenge?

If they seriously think we're ready to mount a title challenge, they'll be in for a shock soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.