Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Is he any good these days? There was a few posters who tried to convince everyone he was prime Baresi at one point.
He hasn't kicked on from then. He still shows good ability on the ball, but defensively, he hasn't changed. He's aggressive in his challenges and prefers to defend on the front foot, but he also tends to ball-watch when he's in his position.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Translation:
In recent hours, Rennes has been trying to loan in JC Todibo (Barcelona). Florian Maurice [Rennes technical director] called the player at the end of last week. Barca hope for a permanent transfer...Fulham have offered 18 million Euros in recent hours.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
  • Villa interested in Barkley on loan with Loftus-Cheek as an alternative
  • Chelsea want loanees to pay the full 120k Pounds/week salary
    • Villa reluctant to pay
  • Dean Smith hopes for more incoming players
  • Villa looking to trim their squad; players no longer in their plans:
    • Mbwana Samatta (linked to a loan spell at Fenerbahce)
    • Henri Lansbury
    • Frederic Guilbert
    • Bjorn Engels
    • Orjan Nyland
    • Lovre Kalinic

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Fiorentina eye up River Plate's Lucas Martinez Quarta if either Milenkovic or Pezzella leave. Federico Fazio is set to stay at Roma.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Fulham with another decent signing:

EDIT: They will pay ~15 million Euros. Barcelona were informed of the purchase but decided not to buy Marlon back.

Last edited:

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Its kinda interesting that it seems like rumors if us being linked have virtually dried up all of the sudden. Maybe the journos have come to realize that linking us with anyone makes one lose credibility.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Its kinda interesting that it seems like rumors if us being linked have virtually dried up all of the sudden. Maybe the journos have come to realize that linking us with anyone makes one lose credibility.
Foreign journalists have stopped linking us around for sure (for the most part), but the crappy English newspapers (Sun, Express, Mail, etc.) won't stop. Then there are Duncan Castles and Ian McGarry who tend to throw some weird links here and there.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Barcelona confirm Luis Suarez's departure.

EDIT: Barcelona confirm Luis Suarez's departure to Atletico Madrid. The deal includes 6 million Euros in variable payments to Barcelona.

Renegade

We signed Romero on a free, 12 months after he'd started a world cup final. It's hardly surprising that he came at a relatively significant wage.

There are probably 15 players at the club I would have greater contract concerns about than Sergio.
6 years ago, whilst having a prime World class De Gea as our number 1. Romero was also 2nd choice at his previous club I believe so there’s no justification for that salary being given if it’s true.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
While I agree with your point about the hypocrisy of Woodward claiming we can't spend when we distribute 11M in dividends to our owners twice a year, my point was genuinely about Spurs' finances. Whether or not their owners take money out of the club, spending a billion GBP on a stadium and weathering a pandemic in which they're surely losing a few million/game, and then turning around and looking to spend upwards of 100-150M on players this summer is rather baffling to me. I know from an accounting side there are methods they can utilize to try and balance the books (I am sure they're depreciating the stadium for both accounting and tax purposes), but from a financial perspective it blows my mind.
It's not that baffling. Spurs have the 8th largest income in world football, have a low wage bill and make big profits.

Plus our global profile has been rising for some while now - witness the Amazon series, publicity surrounding the new stadium etc - and so commercial sponsorships of various types are on the increase. Bale's return only adds to this.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
While I agree with your point about the hypocrisy of Woodward claiming we can't spend when we distribute 11M in dividends to our owners twice a year, my point was genuinely about Spurs' finances. Whether or not their owners take money out of the club, spending a billion GBP on a stadium and weathering a pandemic in which they're surely losing a few million/game, and then turning around and looking to spend upwards of 100-150M on players this summer is rather baffling to me. I know from an accounting side there are methods they can utilize to try and balance the books (I am sure they're depreciating the stadium for both accounting and tax purposes), but from a financial perspective it blows my mind.
They're hoping Amazon will buy the stadium rights which is very likely.

Posh Red

It's not that baffling. Spurs have the 8th largest income in world football, have a low wage bill and make big profits.

Plus our global profile has been rising for some while now - witness the Amazon series, publicity surrounding the new stadium etc - and so commercial sponsorships of various types are on the increase. Bale's return only adds to this.
How long before they host the US open on Spurs retractable pitch

Cliche Guevara

You’ve just taken a £175m loan of Public money, you mean.

roseguy64

We clearly think Shaw is our number 1 choice but don't trust Williams at LB because of his right foot. So we're looking to sign someone cheap as cover/to challenge Shaw. No way are we gonna pay a massive fee for a Chilwell or Digne

Kearnkoff69

Glaston, mate, I know you're a WUM, but bear with me here. I wasn't questioning Spurs' finances or ability to spend generally, but rather questioning the spending this summer in particular. Without any intent to belittle your club, I was genuinely curious as to how your owners could spend close to a 1bn GBP on a new stadium, suffer (and continue to suffer) the financial losses of the pandemic, and still spend the kind of money that you have (especially considering Jose wants two more signings). I am fully aware of Spurs' increased financial pulling power, but no club was spared by the pandemic and it's been a bit weird to see the Levy's typically tight-stringed purse open in such hard financial times. As others have explained, though, it seems you guys took out a coronavirus relief loan from the gov't (which would explain how you've covered this summer's spending) and may be banking on Amazon (or another such company) to buy stadium naming rights, which would obviously represent a big infusion of cash.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
You’ve just taken a £175m loan of Public money, you mean.
That's in relation to the Covid-19 absence of fans - and associated loss of income - from match-days. It's a loss that all clubs face and which all clubs will have to absorb/cover one way or another.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
Glaston, mate, I know you're a WUM, but bear with me here. I wasn't questioning Spurs' finances or ability to spend generally, but rather questioning the spending this summer in particular. Without any intent to belittle your club, I was genuinely curious as to how your owners could spend close to a 1bn GBP on a new stadium, suffer (and continue to suffer) the financial losses of the pandemic, and still spend the kind of money that you have (especially considering Jose wants two more signings). I am fully aware of Spurs' increased financial pulling power, but no club was spared by the pandemic and it's been a bit weird to see the Levy's typically tight-stringed purse open in such hard financial times. As others have explained, though, it seems you guys took out a coronavirus relief loan from the gov't (which would explain how you've covered this summer's spending) and may be banking on Amazon (or another such company) to buy stadium naming rights, which would obviously represent a big infusion of cash.
This is all fair enough. But I would make two additional observations. First, Spurs will likely sell and/or loan out a few players before the window closes, which will offset spending to some extent. Second, Levy would not spend based on hoped-for future income. If he spends a lot now (and it remains to be seen how much in net terms this will end up being) I'd reckon it's because there are one or two new commercial deals already signed and sealed, but not yet announced for fear of driving up asking prices.

Kearnkoff69

This is all fair enough. But I would make two additional observations. First, Spurs will likely sell and/or loan out a few players before the window closes, which will offset spending to some extent. Second, Levy would not spend based on hoped-for future income. If he spends a lot now (and it remains to be seen how much in net terms this will end up being) I'd reckon it's because there are one or two new commercial deals already signed and sealed, but not yet announced for fear of driving up asking prices.
That all sounds reasonable to me.

giggs-beckham

Clueless
I'm not mad at the others but Phil Jones getting a new 4 year contract last year was criminal. I wouldn't be surprised if he sees out his contract until the summer of 2023.
Someone find again Oles interview on that. I'll look.

giggs-beckham

Clueless
Our club need to take a long hard look at how ruthless Chelsea are with moving players on, they dont cling on to players forever in hope of them coming good based on some small bit of form that they had once produced a season or 2 ago like we do with players.
Wasn't Anderson here for like 9 years also?

Bullhitter

Supports
Chelsea
It’s not really a good one though if it is. Most of them never play a game and achieve very little in the transfer market.

Either way I wouldn’t say it was consistent with a ruthless transfer strategy, more being bankrolled by an oligarch.
Well except it is a good one, just you seem to not be aware of how it works.

Bullhitter

Supports
Chelsea
a) Yes I have

b) We are two games in to the season.....I see several players could become unhappy over the season in that side, possible clique of unhappy English players, youngsters sold a dream and replaced and also the pressure on Lampard with the money spent. Due to the transfer ban I think people have forgotten how ruthless the owner as been in the past. Do people think a trophyless season, Lampard is safe from the chop....hasnt had any pressure on him yet, how will he handle it.

I think they have a very talented and very strong squad. Same token I think a lot of there success may actually depend on how well SIlva does both as a centre back and a leader, two areas they have been and still are weak in if he isnt a success. Also think a couple of there signings will be relative flops and are actually not as good as the players they have replaced.

Think it will be a very interesting season with the London clubs. Sure Mourinho will fall out and be sacked this season, wouldnt be surprised if Lampard goes....yet the side looked weakest....Arsenal I think may actually do quite well this season....though quite well though still inconsistent
Sold a dream :lol::lol: come on :lol: they are well paid professional footballers not just been duped into a timeshare.

FujiVice

Wasn't Anderson here for like 9 years also?
Anderson famously used to play himself into new deals. He'd have these random bursts of form, where we all went "well he's only young" and think there might be a player in there. There was just no justification for Rojo and Jones contracts. They arent even water carriers.

Status
Not open for further replies.