Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Don't take this the wrong way mate but how much football do you watch because you seem to have an opinion on almost every transfer rumour.
I've started watching more football over the past couple of years and have started to keep up with multiple big leagues. I don't catch every match possible, but I do tend to catch at least 1-3 matches per big league (Serie A, La Liga, Ligue 1, Premier League) per week. I pick and choose my matches based on what's available to me with relative ease, the players who are playing, and the potential for a competitive match.

Yesterday, I watched both La Liga matches as well as the League Cup match between Spurs & Chelsea.

Matriac

Torgeir Børven has signed for Ankaragücü, leaving Rosenborg after only three months. Fee around €200.000.
Oh wow, that really surprises me. Albeit I don't follow the day to day of Eliteserien now that I don't live in Norway, but I remember there being some drama about him leaving Odd this spring/summer. I guess he's not Hareide's preferred type of player. Plus I see now he's never really stayed in a club for long. I wasn't even aware he had been abroad before. :lol:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
He is to foreign football what fridge is to lower league footy
The Caf is lucky that I don't spam this thread with more irrelevenat foreign football transfers. I could easily post way, way more than this but only hold back to offer interesting transfers or stories involving players that the Caf follow/followed previously as well as the usual bigger/well-known clubs.

gajender

He is to foreign football what fridge is to lower league footy
Yeah you maybe right but what happened to fridge he seems to be not posting much on Lower leagues lack of transfer action there due to covid or he had given up due to constant back and forth between his supporters and detractors.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Yeah you maybe right but what happened to fridge he seems to be not posting much on Lower leagues lack of transfer action there due to covid or he had given up due to constant back and forth between his supporters and detractors.
He stopped posting due to rising tensions from United fans over the whole transfer window. He didn't want to agitate them any further.

gajender

I've started watching more football over the past couple of years and have started to keep up with multiple big leagues. I don't catch every match possible, but I do tend to catch at least 1-3 matches per big league (Serie A, La Liga, Ligue 1, Premier League) per week. I pick and choose my matches based on what's available to me with relative ease, the players who are playing, and the potential for a competitive match.

Yesterday, I watched both La Liga matches as well as the League Cup match between Spurs & Chelsea.
That's great mate any players you might have come across while watching who may not be linked to any big clubs right now but could be primed for breakthrough.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Ahhh yes lets just write off any youngster that we buy because they may end up on the treatment table.

Let's not take the risk lads! Let's buy a ready made superstar at 28.

Oh wait that's too old! Near retirement age, how stupid of me....and at 28 he may also damped the development of our academy products!

What about a 24 year old on the cusp of great things.....ah he'll damage the hopes of our academy products.....shite, can't do that either.

What about a youngster again? Too inexperienced?

Ahh crap. Must be in limbo lads....looks like the cheque book is staying in the safe once more this year guys! Sorry!
What the hell are you on about :lol::houllier:

James, on the cusp of greatness? Pull the other one.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
In all honesty, I'm surprised we're haggling so much on this one. Smalling is currently our longest serving player, right? The manager doesn't really want him, and he doesn't want to be here either, so I would've thought we'd let that departure go a little smoother.

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

In all honesty, I'm surprised we're haggling so much on this one. Smalling is currently our longest serving player, right? The manager doesn't really want him, and he doesn't want to be here either, so I would've thought we'd let that departure go a little smoother.
We had a loan to buy agreement with Roma. Roma loved the player but didn't want to pay the AGREED fee.

Smalling ended up in the Serie A team of the season. Why the hell should we drop the agreed price?

United58

With his age, contract situation and squad ranking, it's a great price

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
We had a loan to buy agreement with Roma. Roma loved the player but didn't want to pay the AGREED fee.

Smalling ended up in the Serie A team of the season. Why the hell should we drop the agreed price?
Was there an agreement to buy? I don't think there was any agreed fee.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/aug/29/chris-smalling-join-roma-on-loan-manchester-united
"Chris Smalling is set to join Roma on loan from Manchester United after a deal was agreed under which the Italian club will pay €3m (£2.7m) to take the defender for the season without an option to buy."

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
That's great mate any players you might have come across while watching who may not be linked to any big clubs right now but could be primed for breakthrough.
There are many players that I can list, but I'm hesitant to make a call as they may not be all that at a bigger club. Regardless, my list might get very long, so be prepared to see many names.

Jordan Torunarigha
Dodi Lukebakio
Christoph Baumgartner
Xaver Schlager
Matheus Cunha
Suat Serdar
Marcus Thuram
Florian Neuhaus
Ramy Bensebaini
Noah Katterbach
Edmond Tapsoba
Moussa Diaby
Florian Wirtz

Marc Cucurella
Lee Kang-In
Maxi Gomez
Mikel Merino (yeah, he barely got a look in at Newcastle, but he's been very good for Sociedad and has even played for the national team)
Pervis Estupinan
Unai Simon

Ismael Bennacer
Manuel Locatelli
Takehiro Tomiyasu
Aaron Hickey
Andreas Skov Olsen
Sofyan Amrabat
Dusan Vlahovic
Gaetano Castrovilli (mentioning him because the media rate him even though I don't)
Lorenzo Pellegrini
Emil Audero

Jonathan Bamba
Brandon Soppy
Sven Botman
Adil Aouchiche
Bruno Guimaraes
Maxence Caqueret
Jason Denayer

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...

Source is sketchy but Liverpool have sold their fringe players in past for good amount. We keep likes of Lingard, Jones etc till their value is virtually next to nothing and then complain about not being able to sell.
A player i
£25m for Smalling or both for £20m har har har
This is an old joke but seriously...this time it makes a perfect sense.

stevoc

What a roller coaster that would be for Newcastle fans, going into the window hoping for a Saudi takeover and spending hundreds of millions on world class players. But that all going tits up and signing Phil Jones instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.