Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
£30m??? Good luck - I know he's young and has some potential, but I'd be surprised if they get more than about £15m to be honest
I'd be surprised if he fetched half that. He is not a starter at any top 10 caliber PL club and any club lower than that is not going to pay anything more for a left back.

Karel Podolsky

Supports
Ex Laziale
£30m??? Good luck - I know he's young and has some potential, but I'd be surprised if they get more than about £15m to be honest
Considering Jordon Ibe's 4 years ago (now without club), Solanke's, Iheanacho's, and I believe Iwobi was sold for more than €30m.

Pep's Suit

Can't help but Arsenal is a mess. Turning to Joorabchian to save them by signing all his clients while showing zero respect to their own long-time employees.

Also what's happening at Pool? Are they broke? Last summer and now this one? Will probably offer only €15m or so for Thiago now.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
Also what's happening at Pool? Are they broke? Last summer and now this one? Will probably offer only €15m or so for Thiago now.
Investor owned club. Making profits and investing properly isn't achievable during this pandemic, so it's the investment part that doesn't make the cut...

Nickosaur

Seeing Brighton linked to Ollie Watkins and Maitland-Niles is exciting. Could have a really promising squad next season.

Santos J

I find this interesting: Barnsley midfielder Cameron McGeehan signs for Belgian club KV Oostende on a 3-year deal.
Barnsley's chairman is co-owner at Oostende so they have a bit of a link

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Seeing Brighton linked to Ollie Watkins and Maitland-Niles is exciting. Could have a really promising squad next season.
Couldn’t agree more I’d love them both - but I soubrette we’d fork out the 30 million quoted for Maitland Niles but I’d love to see him at the club, I think Watkins is a strong possibility though.

Shipperley

Supports
CPFC
Couldn’t agree more I’d love them both - but I soubrette we’d fork out the 30 million quoted for Maitland Niles but I’d love to see him at the club, I think Watkins is a strong possibility though.
You and every other club in the bottom half of the league will be in for Watkins my friend, us included. How much do you think Tony Bloom'll be willing to put in this summer? Your net spend figure is pretty insane over the last few seasons, do you think he'll keep pumping it in?

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
You and every other club in the bottom half of the league will be in for Watkins my friend, us included. How much do you think Tony Bloom'll be willing to put in this summer? Your net spend figure is pretty insane over the last few seasons, do you think he'll keep pumping it in?
I'm not sure to be honest, his fortune revolves around sports betting and obviously that's taken a hit. But he's certainly not shy in loaning his cash to the club, he said in a recent rare interview we needed another striker so I wouldn't be surprised. As for who gets him, we have quite a good relationship with Brentford after taking Maupay last year and we're an attractive proposition for players looking at clubs in the bottom half. I think we stand a very good chance!

EDIT: If you miss out we'll give you Murray back.

Shipperley

Supports
CPFC
I'm not sure to be honest, his fortune revolves around sports betting and obviously that's taken a hit. But he's certainly not shy in loaning his cash to the club, he said in a recent rare interview we needed another striker so I wouldn't be surprised. As for who gets him, we have quite a good relationship with Brentford after taking Maupay last year and we're an attractive proposition for players looking at clubs in the bottom half. I think we stand a very good chance!

EDIT: If you miss out we'll give you Murray back.
Yeah, thought I read something on NSC about him wanting the club to start self-funding a bit more through player sales but I could be wrong. Also with the quote about an abundance of centre-backs I figured that may mean one of Dunk or White will be on the move for a big fee and that'd fund your summer business. Would you be happy with losing one of those if it meant you could get a striker in?

Sadly Murray would still be our best centre forward if he came back! Should never have sold him in the first place.

romufc

They'll just sign him for nothing next year. Ridiculous asking price for someone with not that many first team appearances.
Looks like City will try make it awkward for him to move this year. Probably salty that a few of their youngsters are chosing other clubs.

Didn't they keep hold of Diaz over Sancho and he moved too.

Alemar

Looks like City will try make it awkward for him to move this year. Probably salty that a few of their youngsters are chosing other clubs.

Didn't they keep hold of Diaz over Sancho and he moved too.
Why are they salty if they don’t provide them with enough chances? It’s only logical

romufc

Why are they salty if they don’t provide them with enough chances? It’s only logical
This is Manchester City we are talking about. It is logical, give them game time or let them go.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Yeah, thought I read something on NSC about him wanting the club to start self-funding a bit more through player sales but I could be wrong. Also with the quote about an abundance of centre-backs I figured that may mean one of Dunk or White will be on the move for a big fee and that'd fund your summer business. Would you be happy with losing one of those if it meant you could get a striker in?

Sadly Murray would still be our best centre forward if he came back! Should never have sold him in the first place.
I'd be surprised if we let White go, but I can see us losing Duffy for sure, Bernardo and March could also be going though they wouldn't raise a huge amount. If someone offered 30-40 plus for Dunk I don't think we'd say no either and given we have Clarke and White coming back, we've just bought Veltman and now we;'re being linked with another Dutch centre back, Jan Paul van Hecke - Potter loves his defenders!

Pep's Suit

Well, Brahim didn't join Real for 'more chances'. The thing is most of these teen players have huge ego. Someone like Denayer was 16-17 and already talking about how he should play with City's first-team. Plus obviously those years between 16-20 are very important and a lot of these kids and their teams see City as the right stepping stone. But what happens after that? Most are not good enough and those who are start picking minutes but have only 1 year left on their contracts so they're in a fantastic situation. Being possibly the next big thing + low transfer fee = big wages and agent fee.

peridigm

Tbf 80% of footballers are divas that'll throw hissy fits if they don't get exactly what they want (money, adulation, cake etc.)
Don't think it's up to him or Chelsea for that matter. Rules is rules.

Nick7

Any move would be good for him, as it'd take him further from Mourinho :lol:

Just looked his stats up, only played 6 PL games last season!
Pretty sure most of them happened directly after Jose joined Spurs to show that he would play young players. Of course that lasted about a month and he was nowhere to be seen after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.