Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Someone's mind is already made up. You weren't technically wrong in that he spoke to the media, the rest of your post was a bit of a blunder though.
My point is - if media are constantly misquoting you (why is it always just him?) then learn from it and don’t talk to them. It’s not rocket science. Ignore them, get your head down and work

pacifictheme

My point is - if media are constantly misquoting you (why is it always just him?) then learn from it and don’t talk to them. It’s not rocket science. Ignore them, get your head down and work
He was misquoted by someone who wasn't interviewing him though. It's not his problem being misquoted. It's ours.

He's not going to say "no I won't give this perfectly normal interview many players do in case some idiot not doing the interview misquotes me and it does the rounds with the caftards" is he?

Coops73

Again you’re another who missed my point
I’m with you on this one, he needs to keep quiet, all the more reason if he’s constantly being “misquoted” but I think he knows exactly what he’s saying and how he’s saying it, it’s the same shit every international break. I hope we sell him sooner rather than later.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I’m with you on this one, he needs to keep quiet, all the more reason if he’s constantly being “misquoted” but I think he knows exactly what he’s saying and how he’s saying it, it’s the same shit every international break. I hope we sell him sooner rather than later.
Yep, agreed

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Basically, he wants to keep himself in contention for England, so he wants to leave for more minutes.

Winks quotes:
[On needing more minutes in Spurs] Definitely, my situation at Tottenham is difficult at the moment and it’s important that I keep fighting and working as hard as I can to stay in the squad and to stay in the team.

Every time I get the opportunity for England, I love it. It's a great place to play football here, it’s free and the lads get on really well, it's a great place to come to. I want to be a part of that in the Euros and I want to be in the starting XI in the Euros as well. But, yes, it's important that back at Tottenham I get the opportunities there and I stay in the team there as well.
Interesting to read how the bolded part is similar to what Pogba said for France. Make of it what you will.

croadyman

I see in the gossip columns that PSG are looking at Ramos as he is free to talk to clubs from 1 Jan,think we should be interested as well because could provide that huge experience that Thiago Silva is offering to Chelsea this season.

Pep's Suit

Seems like it's Ramos' camp pushing these stories becuase only offered him 1-year extension and he wants 2/3.

Robertd0803

I see in the gossip columns that PSG are looking at Ramos as he is free to talk to clubs from 1 Jan,think we should be interested as well because could provide that huge experience that Thiago Silva is offering to Chelsea this season.
Id have him in a heartbeat. You cant buy his kind of winning mentality.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source: Versus
Miguel Almirón was in the interest of Atletico Madrid, but no offer was made. When everything returns to normal, Miguel will take a leap in quality. Almirón’s work with the national team and with Newcastle has been enormous. He’d like to play for a team with more possession. If it wasn’t for the pandemic, he’d already be somewhere else. In June he may be able to take the leap.

Source: Europa Calcio
Almirón can play in various positions and is always available to the coach wherever he needs him. Obviously he stands out more in offensive positions and with ball possession, but he has no difficulty in assuming other roles to the advantage of the team.
[About Atletico Madrid's interest] At the moment it’s just rumours.
Inter have shown interest in Miguel Almiron, but no progress has been made.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

AS Monaco has experience in training and bringing through young players. A lot of young people breakthrough at Monaco and then have a great career. That is, of course, my dream to break through and to be able to and continue to play at a high level. The first goal after this season is to return to Monaco and breakthrough there.

My ultimate dream is to be able to play at Wembley one day. The English league is my favourite competition. Manchester United and Real Madrid are my favourite teams. That would be the ultimate dream.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

For now, it’s too soon to know what’s really concrete or not. The interests, the rumours, for me, there’s little interest. We’ll see come mid-December. A January window, before mid-December, is just rumours. We don’t know where clubs will be nor how Olivier will do at Chelsea.

We don’t know if there’ll be injuries, and therefore opportunities. So it’s pointless. There’s no real work on that at the moment. We don’t know today, there’s only been eight league games. Between now and January, there’s 11 games for Chelsea to play. Olivier belongs to his club, he’s focused on the competition and we’ll see in mid-December to decide one way or another.

[On a potential return to France]
It’s not a priority. It’s always possible depending on what will be offered. It’s not excluded, but it’s not a priority. In terms of emotion, there’s other things to live. He’s played in France and was champion with Montpellier. These days, he’s not just looking for minutes. He also wants to enjoy himself. The ideal would be for him to try a new culture, do another horizon tour. Now, a new English clubs with objectives can make him think twice because the big difference with the Premier League is that it’s a special league, that offers a different pleasure. So, if a really good Premier League club comes forward, yes, that can be looked at, but there’s an openness in his mind to try something new elsewhere abroad.

If tomorrow, Olivier has to leave, he’ll go knock on the manager’s door, who will tell him ‘I know, it’s fine’. There’s no need for continuous talks on that. When you’re mature, adult, there’s no need for all that. So staying at Chelsea is a priority, but if things don’t evolve, we’ll leave.

Giroud's preferred destinations are another Premier League team or Italy.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I see him used as an impact sub more than anything else.
Throughout his career, yeah, he's had more of an impact as a sub, but last season, he did establish himself as a starter for Wolves. This season, he seems to have reverted to the norm i.e. as an impact sub.

romufc

Yep, he had a good run of form last season which got everyone excited. He is back to being what he always was, an average player with alot of pace.

Its not sustainable to have a player like him in the team, when no one knows what he is going to do, it makes it harder for other players to make runs.

Status
Not open for further replies.