Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

HabeasC

Grealish is a great player, no doubt. If he did come to United though, do we think he would sit in a MF three next to Bruno (as a pogba replacement as many are saying) or as a LW instead of Rashford/Martial (one of which would then presumably play up top)?

saivet

Grealish is a great player, no doubt. If he did come to United though, do we think he would sit in a MF three next to Bruno (as a pogba replacement as many are saying) or as a LW instead of Rashford/Martial (one of which would then presumably play up top)?
I'd imagine he'd play out wide, whether it would be him or Rashford on the right, who knows. There's been no indication that Ole wants to play Pogba in CM next to Bruno in a midfield 3, so I doubt he'd do that with Grealish.

red_de_pologne

Haaland (Greenwood)
Grealish - Bruno - Rashford

pascell

Grealish can play anywhere behind the striker, the guy is a special talent, we should be all in for him this summer.

All this talk of 'where will he fit in?' let them fight it out for the starting positions, football is a squad game anyway if you want to challenge for all the trophies.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Issue we have now is the club got Bruno for what? 40m? Villa go asking for double that and our reply will be he's not better than Bruno and that'll be that

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
He's easily worth that. Easily.
There have been 10 signings at that price of higher, ever. And they share a common theme: 3 of those were for players who were unquestionably top 5 in the world at the time(neymar-psg, cristiano-juventus, bale-madrid), 3 were for ultra-talented teenagers(mbappé-psg, joao felix-atletico, dembele-barcelona), and the other 4 were for players who were neither teens nor top 5 in the world at the time(coutinho-barcelona, griezmann-barcelona, pogba-united, hazard-madrid)

The 3 top 5 players in the world were well worth the money. Of the teens, one was obviously worth the money and proved it, one was a risk and has been a dud, and one is still too early to tell

The 4 non-teens, non-top 5 in the world? ALL duds

Grealish is not a teen. Is he a top 5 player in the world? If he's not, chances are no, he's not worth that kind of money

CallyRed

Scary to think Spurs could have got him for a bag of sand a few years ago.

Coops73

Personally I wouldn’t Baulk at 90m for Greilish, in my opinion he is an excellent player who would fit right in at United and would only get better, him and Bruno in the same team would be massive.

Get rid of Pogba for 50-60m and we could surely find the rest quite easily, even in the current climate.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
huh? If we were to argue we're not paying double the Bruno fee for anyone not better than him we would use the same train of thought when approaching Sancho. Which we wouldn't because it would be daft.
Different positions though, you can't compare a number 10 like Bruno/VDB/Grealish with a winger or a CB for example

Traub

If we finish very close to the top this year, someone like Grealish would take us to that next level.

iHicksy

Personally I wouldn’t Baulk at 90m for Greilish, in my opinion he is an excellent player who would fit right in at United and would only get better, him and Bruno in the same team would be massive.

Get rid of Pogba for 50-60m and we could surely find the rest quite easily, even in the current climate.
And I think we'd be looking at that in a few years as a great deal too. He's english so we'd likely have him for the rest of his career. He really is one of the most complete midfielders around. What's more he has the talent to be very flexible. We could play him in a two, at 10 or out wide. His best performances for me are in the centre and he has that ability to keep the ball and take it out of defence with ease. He's basically what we thought we'd be getting when we signed Pogba. What's more he's a leader, what we want is a team full of guys like him and Bruno. That's how you create teams that dominate.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
There have been 10 signings at that price of higher, ever. And they share a common theme: 3 of those were for players who were unquestionably top 5 in the world at the time(neymar-psg, cristiano-juventus, bale-madrid), 3 were for ultra-talented teenagers(mbappé-psg, joao felix-atletico, dembele-barcelona), and the other 4 were for players who were neither teens nor top 5 in the world at the time(coutinho-barcelona, griezmann-barcelona, pogba-united, hazard-madrid)

The 3 top 5 players in the world were well worth the money. Of the teens, one was obviously worth the money and proved it, one was a risk and has been a dud, and one is still too early to tell

The 4 non-teens, non-top 5 in the world? ALL duds

Grealish is not a teen. Is he a top 5 player in the world? If he's not, chances are no, he's not worth that kind of money
If Coutinho, Dembele, Pogba can all go for that amount or higher and the likes of fecking Pepe and Kepa are signed for 70m, then yes, Grealish is certainly at the 80-90m mark.

SinNombre

If Coutinho, Dembele, Pogba can all go for that amount or higher and the likes of fecking Pepe and Kepa are signed for 70m, then yes, Grealish is certainly at the 80-90m mark.
clearly didn’t read giorno’s post.

even pre-covid, 90m only made sense for clear top 10 players in the world or top 5 u21 talents.

Grealish is neither and his best position is a position of strength for us.

dal

Agreed, £50/60m should be the fee if we are to do a deal.

I wouldn't mind selling Pogba and getting him. That way, we can use our transfer budget on a CDM and CB.
Probably get one of his legs then. TBF he still wouldn’t lose the ball if we got half of him.

Sanche7

90 million minimum is a bit too much IMO, especially with COVID. But I'm sure we will get him for less, especially since I feel Grealish could push for a move. I'm guessing it will be something like 70 upfront with 15-20 mill in add ons like winning PL, winning CL etc. Selling Pofba should fetch us 50 mill, so it's certainly doable.
Would be interesting to see what happens with Sancho. The guy was ready to come, we were ready to pay a huge amount for him and that has likely affected his performance. But if Grealish is a priority and with the signings of Diallo and Pellistri, I don't see us pursuing Sancho since he'll still cost 60-80 mill

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
clearly didn’t read giorno’s post.

even pre-covid, 90m only made sense for clear top 10 players in the world or top 5 u21 talents.

Grealish is neither and his best position is a position of strength for us.
How do you explain buying Maguire for £80m then? Clearly we were out there rating players that blatantly aren't regarded as top 10 in the world, or top 5 u21. So yeah, I'd argue Grealish who is one of the best performers in the best league in the world, to be around that £80-90m mark.

Matt851

Did you mean to post this two years ago and you've just got really slow internet? How anyone can still have questions and opinions on Grealish like that in 2021 is baffling.
It does seem a strange opinion. Unfortuantely i think we have no chance of getting grealish because they will asl for too much

I also think peoples expectations of raising £50m for pogba are ludicrous, we will be lucky to get £25m given he has one year on his contract and his salary demands will be huge. I ecpect we will get some low ball offers whcoh we will rehect and he will see out his contract with us.

DarkRed

It does seem a strange opinion. Unfortuantely i think we have no chance of getting grealish because they will asl for too much

I also think peoples expectations of raising £50m for pogba are ludicrous, we will be lucky to get £25m given he has one year on his contract and his salary demands will be huge. I ecpect we will get some low ball offers whcoh we will rehect and he will see out his contract with us.
Reports are that we will be offered a trade by Juve and Real, non have the money currently...

croadyman

Quite honestly that was the figure I thought it would be but still say it all hinges on Pogba leaving much like it did this time last year. the big difference being his value has doubled due to Villa staying up and him being currently the top creator in the league so far

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source: Demirören News Agency (DHA)

Ozil's rep Dr. Erkut Söğüt:
As a matter of my profession, I attach great importance to the legal side of this business. Mesut has an ongoing contract with Arsenal. As of January, there was no legal situation, so we started negotiations with clubs showing interest in Mesut as his representatives.

It should not be forgotten that conditions should be discussed with Arsenal. We have to do our job properly. We will complete the process as soon as possible by talking to his brother and his family about Mesut’s future.

Walters_19_MuFc

I'm a massive fan of Grealish and would love him at United but this is what we typically do at United, especially in recent years since Sir Alex left, which is spending for the sake of it.

Now, I sound like a hypocrite because in previous threads I said that we should be getting Grealish at all costs but should we really be spending 80 plus million on a player we don't desperately need?

I say that because the two positions (left-wing and attacking midfield) Grealish flourishes in is currently occupied by what I would call our best players in Bruno and Rashford.

That being said, Ole has been playing Rashford on the right-wing spot of late and despite the usual moaning by the Caf, I feel Rashford is just as productive on the right as he is on the left. I also feel he brings the best out of AWB, as he keeps the width and allows us to create attacking overloads.

I don't know what the club is going to do but sometimes players are too good to pass up and Ole might be thinking the same.

Gary Neville explained that Sir Alex had a three category transfer policy. Promoting youth, amongst the best in the league and emerging international talent. It seems Ole has taken a similar approach with the likes of Greenwood, Maguire, and Bruno, respectively. Grealish would obviously come under the 'amongst the best in the league' category.

What would people prefer?

Martial
Grealish Bruno Rashford

or

Martial
Rashford Bruno Sancho​

Status
Not open for further replies.