Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
He's been utterly terrible since he joined Spurs.
And yet always looked a really good player for Wolves. Some players are just perfect for certain teams and styles.

I thought it was a clever signing for Spurs at the time but it's true it's just not worked out for whatever reason. Probably because he's at his best when he gets forward and Jose is probably wanting him to stay back more.

Robbie Boy

And yet always looked a really good player for Wolves. Some players are just perfect for certain teams and styles.

I thought it was a clever signing for Spurs at the time but it's true it's just not worked out for whatever reason. Probably because he's at his best when he gets forward and Jose is probably wanting him to stay back more.
He's always been suspect defensively but quite good going forward, so he seemed an odd purchase for Jose. His defensive deficiencies were masked at Wolves as he was playing RWB. He's struggled for the ROI national team too as a RB. If he's sold, it'll have to be to a team that play a back five.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

On whether wages & agent commissions will drop due to COVID:
I don't think there is a correlation. For the extraordinary talents, there is always space.
On Haaland:
It is obvious that everybody is looking at Erling as one of those potential new future stars because it's so difficult to do what he does at his age at his level.

I don't think there's a sports director or trainer in the world who would say 'not interested'. It's like saying: 'Is there a Formula 1 team who would not be interested in having Lewis Hamilton?'

On Pogba:
I just expressed an opinion, I didn't want to cause any problem. I don't think that it destabilised anybody, because they had a fantastic run and they were even first, for a period, in the league. You think big players like Paul Pogba - or [Ole Gunnar] Solskjaer, who won everything in his life - get destabilised by what Mino Raiola says? Come on, please. But I don't talk about it any more. It makes life a little bit boring, but it is what it is. Whenever I tell my opinion, everyone in England goes berserk, and I am the worst agent, or the best agent…and the clubs get so stressed from the public and journalists that I have learned not to talk much about it.
Raiola finds his reputation as a greedy, opportunistic agent as unfair.
I don't have power and influence…my job is to get the best deal done for my player. And no more than that. And doing that is to provide him with a whole range of services that people don't even know. My players don't call me a parasite, and that's who I work for. I only care what my players call me.

Coops73

On whether wages & agent commissions will drop due to COVID:

On Haaland:

On Pogba:

Raiola finds his reputation as a greedy, opportunistic agent as unfair.
Seriously, who gives a shit what this fat feck says. I wouldn’t touch any of his players with a shitty stick and that includes Haaland, it’s just not worth the bullshit that comes with them.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Seriously, who gives a shit what this fat feck says. I wouldn’t touch any of his players with a shitty stick and that includes Haaland, it’s just not worth the bullshit that comes with them.
Most if this forum, for a start. Including you, going off your next sentence.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

This comes after Sky Sports reported on Tottenham being interested in Dean Henderson (most likely in relation to Luckhurst suggesting that Spurs could go after him because of Lloris' contract situation).

Coops73

Most if this forum, for a start. Including you, going off your next sentence.
How the feck did you work that out? All I’m saying is if we never have one of his clients we’ll never have to hear it, I see the headlines and move on, I don’t read what he says it’s just a load of bollocks, so for me, the sooner Pogbas gone the sooner I won’t even have to see the headlines.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Howson said recently we've started initial talks with another PL side about one of their strikers

I'd caveat this by adding he wasn't suggesting any deal was anywhere near to being close and those talks could have just been 'player isn't for sale' but if it's true what PL striker could it be? Kane? DCL?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Interesting, thanks Adnan.

I haven’t seen much of Martinez, any idea who the striker in question could be?
No idea about who the player is, but Ornstein says it's someone who is quick and mobile from what he's heard. Which if true would probably be the end of Martial at the club.

dinostar77

Howson said recently we've started initial talks with another PL side about one of their strikers

I'd caveat this by adding he wasn't suggesting any deal was anywhere near to being close and those talks could have just been 'player isn't for sale' but if it's true what PL striker could it be? Kane? DCL?
Danny Ings? 20 goals a season striker. Not the top tier but good enough for PL to get the goals. Also out of contract next summer right?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
How the feck did you work that out? All I’m saying is if we never have one of his clients we’ll never have to hear it, I see the headlines and move on, I don’t read what he says it’s just a load of bollocks, so for me, the sooner Pogbas gone the sooner I won’t even have to see the headlines.
It’s obvious how I worked it out to be fair. You say you don’t care about what he says - and then go on to demonstrate that you care enough to the point where you don’t want any player at the club who is associated with him, no matter how good they are. So you are clearly bothered by his words!

Green Arrow

Absolutely no fecking chance we go for Mings. Expensive and not good enough.
Our board is so clueless they should have gotten Sancho last summer. This summer they need to concentrate on getting a CB and a CDM, what they will do again is go all summer trying to get Sancho then might get him and rush to get a CB which most likely be Mings.

I hope I am wrong about it but going on what this board has done in the past I wouldn't put it past them.

dinostar77

Ornstein said in his podcast this week that Utd have the funds for one marque signing only and that the other position would have to be a compromise or development player. I.e. you buy a top CB and compromise on the striker or vice versa.

AgentSmith

Ornstein said in his podcast this week that Utd have the funds for one marque signing only and that the other position would have to be a compromise or development player. I.e. you buy a top CB and compromise on the striker or vice versa.
Hopefully Sancho and Milenković then.

The amount we could raise through selling players would surely generate enough for another signing though.

Even more so if it’s Pogba that’s sold.

dinostar77

Hopefully Sancho and Milenković then.

The amount we could raise through selling players would surely generate enough for another signing though.

Even more so if it’s Pogba that’s sold.
My bad should have added that. Yeah player sales would be needed to generate additional funds if Ole wanted more players in.

James35

We can forget the likes of Haaland, Sancho and Grealish... we'll be shopping in Peacocks not Flannels.

We'll also spend most of the window trying and no doubt failing to sell our over paid players. Our transfer/recruitment people are shite. We all know it.

I'm already feeling sorry for Ole.

GoldTrafford99

We can forget the likes of Haaland, Sancho and Grealish... we'll be shopping in Peacocks not Flannels.

We'll also spend most of the window trying and no doubt failing to sell our over paid players. Our transfer/recruitment people are shite. We all know it.

I'm already feeling sorry for Ole.

Sorry... you do know Man United have spent the second most amount of money on transfers over the past 7 years, than any football club in the world, yes?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.